Phoenix CXXIX: I buy you out, you don't buy me out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
In this thread it's more applicable to use Lily Tomlin's Edith Ann character "and that's the truth... pbbbbbbbt!!!!"

... oh boy.... now ya gone n' dunnit....
.... Lily Tomlin as Ernerstine, the operator/receptionist...

Andrew Barroway: Ernestine, would you please get me Governor Ducey's office on the line.
Ernestine: Yes sir. Right Away sir...... one ringy dingy... two ringy dingys.... five ringy dingys..... 9 ringy dingys..... 17 ringy dingys....Mr. Barroway, I'm afraid it would appear that Governors offices have call display & refuse to pick up.... what would you like me to do, send a fax on that machine Mr. Hulsizer was so kind to have left us or send the Governor an email?
Andrew Barroway; Oh dear. And yes, would you please send him a fax and an email setting up a teleconfrence time & date, mark it urgent please.
Ernestine: Will do, right away sir................
Ernestine: Mr Barroway, sorry to trouble you again but the both the fax and email's are bouncing back as "undeliverable"...... and having checked with my friend Julie... oh, you remember Julie, Julie Frisoni who now works in the States Communications Department... well, she tells that yes, the Governors offices fax & email systems are in perfect running order... so I'm sorry to tell you but it would appear our fax number & email address have also been blocked.... what would you like me to do?
Andrew Barroway: Oh Golly.... well, keep trying Ernerstine and meanwhile could check with Purolator on the status of my 500 billion piece Lego order please.... Im anxious to get going on our new arena.... oh, and Tonka.... would you get me Tonka on the line please Ernestine... I'm going to need some cranes.... earth movers ... graders ....

Sorry TL.... but you left the barn door WIDE OPEN on that one.

Last edited:

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

Andrew Barroway: Ernestine, would you please get me Governor Ducey's office on the line.
Ernestine: Yes sir. Right Away sir...... one ringy dingy... two ringy dingys.... five ringy dingys..... 9 ringy dingys..... 17 ringy dingys....Mr. Barroway, I'm afraid it would appear that Governors offices have call display & refuse to pick up.... what would you like me to do, send a fax on that machine Mr. Hulsizer was so kind to have left us or send the Governor an email?
Andrew Barroway; Oh dear. And yes, would you please send him a fax and an email setting up a teleconfrence time & date, mark it urgent please.
Ernestine: Mr Barroway, sorry to trouble you again but the both the fax and email's are bouncing back as "undeliverable"...... and having checked with my friend Julie... oh, you remember Julie, Julie Frisoni who now works in the States Communications Department... well, she tells that yes, the Governors offices fax & email systems are in perfect running order... so I'm sorry to tell you but it would appear our fax number & email address have also been blocked.... what would you like me to do?
Andrew Barroway: Oh Golly.... well, keep trying Ernerstine and meanwhile could check with Purolator on the status of my 500,000,000,000,000,000 billion trillion piece Lego order please.... Im anxious to get going on our new arena.... oh, and Tonka.... would you get me Tonka on the line please Ernestine... I'm going to need some cranes.... earth movers ... graders ....

No I didn't..... I kicked the door down. :laugh:

It did exactly what I intended it to do..... and I got a bonus return. :cheers:

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Yeah, well, me too... I had trouble writing it I was laughing so hard. :laugh:

I know.... I had this vision of the Laugh In Joke Wall with all the past owners, suitors and Glendale characters behind each door. Plus with Bettman and Daly making cameos. :naughty:

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ

Andrew Barroway: Oh Golly.... well, keep trying Ernerstine and meanwhile could check with Purolator on the status of my 500 billion piece Lego order please.... Im anxious to get going on our new arena.... oh, and Tonka.... would you get me Tonka on the line please Ernestine... I'm going to need some cranes.... earth movers ... graders ....

I know.... I had this vision of the Laugh In Joke Wall with all the past owners, suitors and Glendale characters behind each door. Plus with Bettman and Daly making cameos. :naughty:

Great show...I think this should do nicely...
Laugh_In_Wall.jpg

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I have to give Killy partial credit for this one..... :D

Phoenix CXXX: "One Arena-dingy... Two Arena-dingy... Three Arena-dingy"

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
.... :handclap: nice work guys, decent thread title....

Laugh-In Wall, we have Goldie Hawn (?) & Lily Tomlin, Patterson, Barroway, LeBlanc & Arizona's Governor Ducey yes?.... Could really go to town on that one huh?.... Ellman, Moyes, Gretzky, Scruggs, Beasley, Reinsdorf, Hulsizer, Jamison, Godsby, Darrin Pastor, Reverend Maupin... Cupcake Queen... Tindall & Frisoni.... Mayor Jerry... Gary Sherwood & Sammy Chavira... Joyce..... Bettman & Daly.... Patrick McGoohan as #6....just on & on & on. :laugh:

Glacial

Jan 8, 2013
That moment on Laugh-In (9/16/68) was a month before Phoenix had its 1st pro team debut, the Phoenix Suns (10/18/68). Inbetween, the Star Trek episode "Spock's Brain" debuted, producing images which have seemed quite aptly symbolic when it came to the Coyotes saga. :naughty:

Laugh-In's been back on the air for a year or so, on the retro channel Decades, usually a subchannel of CBS affiliates.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
That moment on Laugh-In (9/16/68) was a month before Phoenix had its 1st pro team debut, the Phoenix Suns (10/18/68). Inbetween, the Star Trek episode "Spock's Brain" debuted, producing images which have seemed quite aptly symbolic when it came to the Coyotes saga. :naughty:

Laugh-In's been back on the air for a year or so, on the retro channel Decades, usually a subchannel of CBS affiliates.

Decades is awesome. :nod: They have sweet Mission Impossible marathons & their original show "Through the Decades" is a great watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad