Phoenix CXXIV: Is there a statute of limitations on Perjury in Arizona?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

Ah yes, the old close down part of the arena and force people to move and pay more for their seats ploy.

Still better than Winnipeg where they impact my view of the game negatively ( say 25 % worse ) by putting an obstruction in my way and then charging me 3% more for the privilege.

Ohh... and we seriously need to stop having the last 50 posts all about what we call the next thread.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Tarping the cheapest section is something they should have done a decade or more ago. If you can't fill your arena at the very least create some rarity.

"I don't care if we are playing in Glendale or in Tempe, we're only selling 16,000 tickets regardless!"

-- what I'd like to imagine Anthony LeBlanc saying right now

Also, it's a fun way to increase the percentage of capacity sold without actually selling more tickets, which will look really nice in pitches, I'm sure. :sarcasm:

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
I guess they know they'll have a season ticket exodus on their hands and a slashing on the marketing department will likely follow. Capacity is 17,125 it's not THAT big.

If they take away the cheapest seats, they'll lose those customers unless they really load up in the perks.

But of course this is all Glendale's fault :sarcasm:

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Ah yes, the old close down part of the arena and force people to move and pay more for their seats ploy.

Still better than Winnipeg where they impact my view of the game negatively ( say 25 % worse ) by putting an obstruction in my way and then charging me 3% more for the privilege.

Ohh... and we seriously need to stop having the last 50 posts all about what we call the next thread.

It's a megathread tradition. Don't take that away from me.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Phoenix CXXV: It's a megathread tradition. Don't take that away from me.

I like it.

And have the entire 1000 posts only be about naming the next thread.

I remember when we were burning through a thread every couple days, the talk would start on page 35 :laugh: it was a big deal for a poster to hit a name, because there were usually a couple dozen funny ones.

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
"I don't care if we are playing in Glendale or in Tempe, we're only selling 16,000 tickets regardless!"

-- what I'd like to imagine Anthony LeBlanc saying right now

Also, it's a fun way to increase the percentage of capacity sold without actually selling more tickets, which will look really nice in pitches, I'm sure. :sarcasm:

And I will add to that : ''We don't need a 18300 arena, we're only selling 16000 tickets''.

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
I guess they know they'll have a season ticket exodus on their hands and a slashing on the marketing department will likely follow. Capacity is 17,125 it's not THAT big.

If they take away the cheapest seats, they'll lose those customers unless they really load up in the perks.

And I will add to that : ''We don't need a 18300 arena, we're only selling 16000 tickets''.

With the hockey seating capacity of 17,125...if these areas are the four upper level corners...that would be approximately 1,020 seats...bringing the total capacity down to 16,105...

Hmmm...I wonder how much next season ticketing pricing will rise...

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
And have the entire 1000 posts only be about naming the next thread.

I remember when we were burning through a thread every couple days, the talk would start on page 35 :laugh: it was a big deal for a poster to hit a name, because there were usually a couple dozen funny ones.

Llama started at about page 28 in this one IIRC. :sarcasm:

JimAnchower

Dec 8, 2012
He's house hunting in Quebec City.

That would be an interesting episode of House Hunters International. "Anthony is looking a mid-century modern with a wood burning fireplace and room to construct a backyard ice rink while his wife is looking for a Tudor with an open floor plan and updated kitchen."

Slashers98

Oct 3, 2008
Quebec City
That would be an interesting episode of House Hunters International. "Anthony is looking a mid-century modern with a wood burning fireplace and room to construct a backyard ice rink while his wife is looking for a Tudor with an open floor plan and updated kitchen."

Anthony, being a native of Baie-Comeau (4 hours from here), is familiar with the nordic lifestyle and appreciates a good old snow storm.

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com

The way to dodge any blowback is just offer the same value at the same price for a year or so to your current STH. Rarity has value. In a market in difficulty you always have a percentage of walk in fans that goes to a lot of games, but never buy season tickets. If you want to convert them to STH, you want your walk in fans to miss some games because there was nothing to buy at the door.

mesamonster

Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ.
So where is Anthony Leblanc?

Has anyone heard from him since Bettman's letter?

Humiliated by Butthead, placed on the tarping crew. Andy was sent in to do Tony`s dirty work. Without a scheduled vote on the arena financing bill and thus no new arena, what is the point of keeping him on the payroll?

Last edited by a moderator:

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com
Humiliated by Butthead, placed on the tarping crew. Andy was sent in to do Tony`s dirty work. Without a scheduled vote on the arena financing bill and thus no new arena, what is the point of keeping him on the payroll?
They took Tony for a boat ride, Soprano style... Hummm That analogy really does not work in Arizona. They took Tony 20 miles out of town to dig some holes in the desert.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Anthony, being a native of Baie-Comeau (4 hours from here), is familiar with the nordic lifestyle and appreciates a good old snow storm.

Oh yes?... I knew he was born in northern Quebec (raised in Thunder Bay) but wasnt sure where.

Slashers98

Oct 3, 2008
Quebec City
Oh yes?... I knew he was born in northern Quebec (raised in Thunder Bay) but wasnt sure where.

Born in Baie-Comeau just like Bryan Mulroney!

Baie-Comeau is four hours east of Quebec City.

It's far from everything and you need to take a ferry to go there.

He moved to Thunder Bay when he was 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad