Phoenix CXV: NHL Fantasy Ownership & GM Cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
yaaaaaawwwwnnn....... ....

The AHL stuff has been on forum 40 for a couple of days now.

Sunnucks is still recycling everyone else's old news.

Guess it wouldn't be normal for the megathread to go more than a couple of days without another useless "slag IA" segment. :shakehead

How excited are you getting for LeBlanc's big arena announcement prior to the June 24 draft?

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
"Slagging" them? No ones "slagging" them. General observations but tell ya what?... Someone seemingly pathologically moving the goals all over the field, expecting people to suspend their common sense, thats disrespecting the intelligence of people regardless of whether or not their invested emotionally & or financially in the club (locals). If you'd like, can go real hard-core in terms of "slagging" these Pretenders but whats the point? They dont need any shoving from me or anyone else in that department. Complete joke of an ownership group, organization. Look at the state of things. Slag what? These guys are mired in slag. Up to their necks in it. Is it unfair, are we slagging in wondering whats next? Where things go from here or from June 24th (or thereabouts) thereafter?... Ya... Dont think so TL.

I believe you just made my point. ;)

How excited are you getting for LeBlanc's big arena announcement prior to the June 24 draft?

I'm not. What's the point in getting all lathered up over something that is completely out of my control?

As I stated earlier I'm hoping there will be an arena announcement simply to see all the jaws hit the floor here and the subsequent rabble to follow. Guess it'll happen if nothing pans out either but the former will have far more entertainment value.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Sell Phx to LV, and come back to Phoenix in a few years with a proper plan. This franchise wasnt ready from the start. I think this area for hockey just needs the Expos treatment, leave for a awhile and come back with a proper start that actually nurtures fans.

Won't ever happen. For better or for worse, the Coyotes are it for the NHL in Arizona. They leave, sayonara to the NHL in this state for good.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I believe you just made my point. ;)

I'm not. What's the point in getting all lathered up over something that is completely out of my control?

As I stated earlier I'm hoping there will be an arena announcement simply to see all the jaws hit the floor here and the subsequent rabble to follow. Guess it'll happen if nothing pans out either but the former will have far more entertainment value.

Not sure about that, TL. I think it's going to be amusing enough when LeBlanc mumbles his way through the next teleconference without anything concrete to announce. It's just a matter of perspective.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I don't know. I've said it a few times in the past few months, but if the expansion thing happens there's got to be something real happening with IceArizona and the Coyotes.

The alternative is just way too easy, if they're willing to stick it out they've got to think they have something figured out that will take them out of the situation in which they find themselves. Perhaps it's an arena, perhaps it's a couple hundred million more to make a real effort in Phoenix, perhaps, perhaps, perhaps.

I know I wasn't here for the previous versions of the point of no return, but if they make it past this one I'm a true believer.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Not sure about that, TL. I think it's going to be amusing enough when LeBlanc mumbles his way through the next teleconference without anything concrete to announce. It's just a matter of perspective.

It''s going to be amusing either way, Whileee. :laugh:

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Sell Phx to LV, and come back to Phoenix in a few years with a proper plan. This franchise wasnt ready from the start. I think this area for hockey just needs the Expos treatment, leave for a awhile and come back with a proper start that actually nurtures fans.

Well, I think the "Expos treatment", to put it kindly, is that MLB left Montréal and hasn't come back.

I'm not sure that Phoenix really wants that kind of favour.

. . . As I stated earlier I'm hoping there will be an arena announcement simply to see all the jaws hit the floor here and the subsequent rabble to follow . . .

If that actually happened, no one would ever find out about it. The press would be too busy covering hell freezing over.

A friend of mine, a lawyer, charged another friend of mine, also lawyer, a penalty of one bottle of scotch for every day he was late completing a document. After 24 days the other friend brought the completed document along with 24 miniature 50 mL bottles of scotch. It wasn't quite the penalty my friend had in mind.

If there is an "arena announcement", I have this vision of Mr. Anthony LeBlanc excusing himself from the podium, bending over and pulling out of his ass a miniature replica of an arena and holding it proudly in the air saying "Here it is!".

That's about the most realistic arena announcement I can possibly imagine at the moment.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
On the Coyotes AHL front...

So original... :naughty:

Update: Arizona Coyotes reportedly trademarking Roadrunners name...

Source: http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the-ice/arizona-coyotes-reportedly-trademarking-roadrunners-name/

The "Roadrunners" is a fantastic name, but it always seems a little out of place outside of Phoenix.

I guess since the team is owned by the Arizona Coyotes, and is in Arizona, the Tucson Roadrunners will take root and grow on me. It will just take some getting used to.

The AHL Toronto Roadrunners and Edmonton Roadrunners never seemed quite right.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
I don't know. I've said it a few times in the past few months, but if the expansion thing happens there's got to be something real happening with IceArizona and the Coyotes.

The alternative is just way too easy, if they're willing to stick it out they've got to think they have something figured out that will take them out of the situation in which they find themselves. Perhaps it's an arena, perhaps it's a couple hundred million more to make a real effort in Phoenix, perhaps, perhaps, perhaps.

I know I wasn't here for the previous versions of the point of no return, but if they make it past this one I'm a true believer.

It taxes the imagination, BB, to think of what might happen next.

This kind of like looking at a chess board where almost all the pieces are missing and the ones left have nowhere to go, but it's not yet a stalemate.

It's the kind of thing you wonder if the dog (Gary Bettman) will come in and knock over the chessboard with its tail, thereby ending everyone's misery.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
If that actually happened, no one would ever find out about it. The press would be too busy covering hell freezing over.

A friend of mine, a lawyer, charged another friend of mine, also lawyer, a penalty of one bottle of scotch for every day he was late completing a document. After 24 days the other friend brought the completed document along with 24 miniature 50 mL bottles of scotch. It wasn't quite the penalty my friend had in mind.

If there is an "arena announcement", I have this vision of Mr. Anthony LeBlanc excusing himself from the podium, bending over and pulling out of his ass a miniature replica of an arena and holding it proudly in the air saying "Here it is!".

That's about the most realistic arena announcement I can possibly imagine at the moment.

I can see it as well

stonehenge-o.gif

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
A thousand lashes with a wet noodle for all of you for not going the "Coyotes and Roadrunners? More proof that this is all just a ludicrous cartoon!" route. :sarcasm:

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
^ I guess this does capture the "Looney Tunes" theme that has been so prevalent here :)

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Next thread title...

Looney Tunes in the Desert; Roadrunners, Coyotes & the funding of ACME Arena

... IceArizona, Acme, ya... Im liking your suggestion Boris... whole situation reminds me of this one...

Acme Poultry Management
Let us count your chickens before they hatch!

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
A thousand lashes with a wet noodle for all of you for not going the "Coyotes and Roadrunners? More proof that this is all just a ludicrous cartoon!" route. :sarcasm:

I'm embarrassed I didn't make the connection.

Does this mean the team is Tucson will operate smarter than the one in Phoenix? :laugh:

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I'm embarrassed I didn't make the connection.

Does this mean the team is Tucson will operate smarter than the one in Phoenix? :laugh:

It seems as though the contract with the city was a lot smarter and equitable than the one in Glendale.

One thing to remember, though - Wile E. Coyote may spend his life bumbling and falling off of cliffs, but he never leaves that desert, and he never gets killed. :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad