Phoenix CXI: Awaiting CoG arena manager decision [UPD: AEG new Arena Manager?]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
It's only January but I nominate this for post of the year. Best laugh I've had in a while. Good to see you have a sense of humour on the subject.

I'll say this - nothing has done a better job in developing my sense of snark than 11 years of Coyotes season tickets.

I have considered several times that I might want to write an actual book about all of this. My brother and I are both published authors and he's a genius at research. The only thing stopping me at the moment is that I'm concerned I'd be too subjective about it still. Maybe in a year or two...

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
This new thread is turning me into a dipsomaniac... :laugh:

giphy.gif

... :huh: whats that now?... :huh: say what?....

.... slow news week Llama, next week should be interesting...

SunDancer

Jan 4, 2015
on the Range
I'll say this - nothing has done a better job in developing my sense of snark than 11 years of Coyotes season tickets.

I have considered several times that I might want to write an actual book about all of this. My brother and I are both published authors and he's a genius at research. The only thing stopping me at the moment is that I'm concerned I'd be too subjective about it still. Maybe in a year or two...

You should do it! It has to be done. You know eventually somebody will ... the saga is just too good. And if you're worried about being too subjective, I'm sure a few of the regular posters here wouldn't mind collaborating with you to help balance the story.

enarwpg

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Gotta keep the heat goin' what with all of the snow over the past few days... ;)

I'm just surprised we couldn't come up with a good CSI pun for the thread title. WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO OUR CREATIVITY!?!

Actually, there are TWO Tim Horton's inside GRA. The Smoke's, though, is definitely not up to par. I haven't eaten the poutine there but I've seen it and it's barely third-rate.

I'm still annoyed that they haven't found a way to import some Coffee Crisp and Smarties for the concession stands. Priorities!

You should be annoyed you can't get one of these.... but on real bread not that white fluffy poor excuse for bread in the picture....

montreal_smoked_meat.jpg

enarwpg

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg

I'll buy a copy and no, I'm not kidding......:handclap:

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
You should be annoyed you can't get one of these.... but on real bread not that white fluffy poor excuse for bread in the picture....

Actually, there IS a wonderful smoked brisket sandwich available at GRA - I don't know if it's Montreal smoked meat but my god, when I pass by the stand that sells them my mouth starts watering.

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
GOOD NEWS, EVERYONE!

LeBlanc just told Arizona Sports 98.7 that, thanks to Andrew Barroway, the Coyotes will be installing Wi-Fi on the team plane!

HOORAY!

OUR LONG FRANCHISE NIGHTMARE IS FINALLY OVER!

Outside of that, more blathering about how the RFP process will result in a worse deal for Glendale taxpayers :shakehead and how they should know by the end of the season which Phoenix metro city has been bilked into building a new arena (admittedly, I'm paraphrasing here). And yes, I'm aware that the consensus is that Vegas is the one that has already gotten bilked. :sarcasm:

EDIT: Here's the audio: http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/podcastplayer2.htm?pid=433

Last edited:

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
To get the new thread up to speed, a quick summary of the discussion:

• IceArizona is a group of posers headed up by majority owner who basically likes letting his parents drop the puck before games.
  • Coyotes "shadow puppet" owners are chumps because they don't have precognition about potential sponsors.
  • Every attempt of the ownership group to create something positive - e.g., a new Arizona Youth Hockey Foundation headed by Shane Doan - is an elaborate cover-up for an already-concluded sale agreement with Bill Foley in Las Vegas for next season.
  • The City of Glendale is on the short list for the Nobel Prize for kicking the Coyotes out of Gila River Arena after this season (even though the lease agreement runs through next season).
  • mesamonster is extremely fond of exclamation points as primary punctuation.
  • The poutine at Smoke's inside Gila River Arena is putrid.
  • The NHL is holding back expansion proceedings because the Coyotes are 100% moving at the end of this season, for realsies and no lie, trust us, we've known about this all year.

Carry on.

:naughty: :laugh:

What i don't understand in all of this, and the one thing that perplexes me the most is....how do you screw up poutine?

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
What i don't understand in all of this, and the one thing that perplexes me the most is....how do you screw up poutine?

.... all kinds of ways to do that xtra.... eg: using lousy no name brand frozen fries... processed cheese.... canned gravy. :(

cutchemist42

Apr 7, 2011
Winnipeg
.... all kinds of ways to do that xtra.... eg: using lousy no name brand frozen fries... processed cheese.... canned gravy. :(

Haha yes, pretty easy. A poutine made with shredded package cheese is just brutal, but tons of places try to pass that off. It at least needs legit curds!

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

Haha yes, pretty easy. A poutine made with shredded package cheese is just brutal, but tons of places try to pass that off. It at least needs legit curds!

It's like asking how anyone can mess up pizza... but concessions companies do it all the time.

I was amused when GRA changed their pizza sponsor from New York Pizza Department to Oggi's to Papa John's and the pizza stayed the same through all three transitions. Ugh.

Someday I want to try real poutine but I'm not going to do it at GRA.

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
It's like asking how anyone can mess up pizza... but concessions companies do it all the time.

I was amused when GRA changed their pizza sponsor from New York Pizza Department to Oggi's to Papa John's and the pizza stayed the same through all three transitions. Ugh.

Someday I want to try real poutine but I'm not going to do it at GRA.

There's a pretty legit place here in San Diego that is as close as it gets to the real thing. Those are the words of visiting Quebecois, not mine.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/mess-royale-san-diego

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
GOOD NEWS, EVERYONE!

LeBlanc just told Arizona Sports 98.7 that, thanks to Andrew Barroway, the Coyotes will be installing Wi-Fi on the team plane!

HOORAY!

OUR LONG FRANCHISE NIGHTMARE IS FINALLY OVER!

Outside of that, more blathering about how the RFP process will result in a worse deal for Glendale taxpayers :shakehead and how they should know by the end of the season which Phoenix metro city has been bilked into building a new arena (admittedly, I'm paraphrasing here). And yes, I'm aware that the consensus is that Vegas is the one that has already gotten bilked. :sarcasm:

EDIT: Here's the audio: http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/podcastplayer2.htm?pid=433

From the interview, LeBluster(tm) is still laying all of the blame on the City of Glendale...

And, why is Andrew Barroway concerned on installing Wi-Fi on an airplane that they lease...

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
From the interview, LeBluster(tm) is still laying all of the blame on the City of Glendale...

Of course he is. When he talks about "entities who want to partner," he's talking about cities who theoretically want to subsidize him, and Glendale clearly no longer belongs in that category. Problem is, he's still got to do a short-term deal with Glendale assuming he lucks into a deal for a new barn somewhere else, and I'll guarandamntee you that neither he nor anyone else from IA has said a single word outside of the press to the City about it.

And, why is Andrew Barroway concerned on installing Wi-Fi on an airplane that they lease...

"Creature comforts." Apparently, ol' Andy is used to a particular lifestyle... :sarcasm:

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
You mean like...Southwest Airlines? :laugh: (the wi-fi part, anyway...)

Well, if Andy thinks that Wi-Fi on the team jet is a better capital expense than, say, buying out Mike Smith's albatross of a contract or increasing the team budget to afford better free agents, more power to him.

But it only plays into the theory that the municipality that takes the Coyotes from Glendale is in for another nightmare "partnership" with these guys.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Well, if Andy thinks that Wi-Fi on the team jet is a better capital expense than, say, buying out Mike Smith's albatross of a contract or increasing the team budget to afford better free agents, more power to him.

But it only plays into the theory that the municipality that takes the Coyotes from Glendale is in for another nightmare "partnership" with these guys.

Well, my point sorta was that installing wi-fi on a jet is by no means that elaborate these days (relative to the cost of the jet, of course), especially when a significant percentage of your staff spends that much time on said jet. The money saved by not installing wi-fi wouldn't make much of a dent in buying out Mike Smith

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
^^^ entirely possible they split the cost of the installation of wifi with the owners of the plane along with the Seattle Mariners. Doesnt really matter, amount to much in the grand scheme of things guys. If anything Im a little suprised they had to pay for it at all. The company from whom they lease it shouldve been providing that. In this day & age? C'mon. Youve got a multi-million dollar jet (probably a fleet of them), multi-million dollar clients ferrying around multi-millionaire players & team personnel & your not providing them with on-board wifi? How pathetic is that? Especially when that particular jet is used 41+ X's a year by the Coyotes and even more extensively by the Mariners, extended & lengthy flights all over North America.... Trash Can Airways much? Buckle-up with a length of boat cord, put your head in between your knees on take-off & pray or what? And no wifi. Thats just crazy for a private charter company to not be providing that... maybe Matthew Hulsizers's investment firm owns part of it... no website either... Brother 501 Fax machine... date stuck at 05/10/01- 3:48 AM EST...

Last edited:

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
Follow-up article from Arizona Sports on interview: Possible arena announcement for the Arizona Coyotes could come in the next couple of months

To quote:

"Since then city leaders in Glendale have been taking bids for a new arena management company. It’s a move that [Arizona Coyotes co-owner Anthony] LeBlanc said is going to be worse off for the taxpayers of Glendale than if the city would have had with the Coyotes.

“The city is going to lose the cost certainly that they have with the Coyotes,” he said. “It’s unfortunate. We did not ask for this but it is what it is.”"

Source: http://arizonasports.com/story/5358...otes-could-come-in-the-next-couple-of-months/

Nordskull

WAITING FOR NORDS
Sep 29, 2011
Saguenay, Qc
^^^ entirely possible they split the cost of the installation of wifi with the owners of the plane along with the Seattle Mariners. Doesnt really matter, amount to much in the grand scheme of things guys. If anything Im a little suprised they had to pay for it at all. The company from whom they lease it shouldve been providing that. In this day & age? C'mon. Youve got a multi-million dollar jet (probably a fleet of them), multi-million dollar clients ferrying around multi-millionaire players & team personnel & your not providing them with on-board wifi? How pathetic is that? Especially when that particular jet is used 41+ X's a year by the Coyotes and even more extensively by the Mariners, extended & lengthy flights all over North America.... Trash Can Airways much? Buckle-up with a length of boat cord, put your head in between your knees on take-off & pray or what? And no wifi. Thats just crazy for a private charter company to not be providing that... maybe Matthew Hulsizers's investment firm owns part of it... no website either... Brother 501 Fax machine... date stuck at 05/10/01- 3:48 AM EST...

We came close to read a Hulsizer telegram...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad