Phoenix CX: Le Hugh, LeBlanc, et La Ruse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
i admire your tenacity, K, but ... gasp ... Im gonna agree with TL here. based on everything offered up here, this one is likely on mix1. IA should sue the pants off them! :)

.... hey, no worries. Im stickin with my speculation, could be completely amiss but Im thinkin both parties here culpable. in the grand scheme of things it doesnt really matter nor amount to much but I think does talk to the bigger picture.. how these guys have been operating & how they operate. some major holes in the fabric.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
The point being??

IA is listed as the plaintiff in this case. So it appears Mix 1 hasn't lived up to a part of their agreement.

I think that the point is that sometimes, when you're so eager to copy and paste what you hope is bad news, it's best to not rush into said copy and paste. :)

MaskedSonja

Feb 3, 2007
Formerly Tinalera
I guess it's time for me to jump back into the pool known as the Arizona Coyotes and county of Glendale....looks like things haven't missed a beat in the activity dept....:laugh:

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
I guess it's time for me to jump back into the pool known as the Arizona Coyotes and county of Glendale....looks like things haven't missed a beat in the activity dept....:laugh:

Welcome back to the deep end...

However, if the City of Glendale (est. pop. 237,000+) was the same
as the County of Maricopa (est. pop 4,000,000+), then the financial burden
(and the corresponding revenue back) may have been distributed just a wee bit more evenly... ;)

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
.... hey, no worries. Im stickin with my speculation, could be completely amiss but Im thinkin both parties here culpable. in the grand scheme of things it doesnt really matter nor amount to much but I think does talk to the bigger picture.. how these guys have been operating & how they operate. some major holes in the fabric.

When the Wings will take Amway's money (or did for a time), I'm hardly going to rain on the Coyotes over this one. Truth be told, a team should sign up any sponsor, as long as they're comfy with the product, etc. A sports drink is hardly a bad fit, and why leave money on the table?

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

The Coyotes saga is generally rife with titanic levels of BS and heartache. But this makes me very happy - not just for the money, but because Arizona will for the first time have someone committing significant resources toward developing youth hockey in the state. That it's Shane Doan is just icing on the cake.

That said, a caption contest for the photo above would probably be hilarious.

GuelphStormer

Mar 20, 2012
Guelph, ON
The Coyotes saga is generally rife with titanic levels of BS and heartache. But this makes me very happy - not just for the money, but because Arizona will for the first time have someone committing significant resources toward developing youth hockey in the state. That it's Shane Doan is just icing on the cake.

That said, a caption contest for the photo above would probably be hilarious.
what do we know aboot the $100K? is it one lump sum? or payable over 5? 10 years?

these sorts of novelty-cheque presentations always confuse me as to what is actually occurring.

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
Speaking of donations to promote youth hockey in Arizona, what's the final word on the IRS receiving a complaint about that other charity?

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
what do we know aboot the $100K? is it one lump sum? or payable over 5? 10 years?

these sorts of novelty-cheque presentations always confuse me as to what is actually occurring.

It's a lump-sum seed payment - only thing I'm not sure of is whether it's Doan and his management starting the foundation independently or if it's the Coyotes handling the organizational work to establish it. That would certainly affect whether the monies are being donated outright or simply shuffled.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
When the Wings will take Amway's money (or did for a time), I'm hardly going to rain on the Coyotes over this one. Truth be told, a team should sign up any sponsor, as long as they're comfy with the product, etc. A sports drink is hardly a bad fit, and why leave money on the table?

Because it's the Coyotes and there is absolutely NO EXCUSE for their crystal ball not being 100% accurate! :sarcasm:

Killion

Feb 19, 2010

You railed against the Wings decision (& rightfully so imo) for signing a highly visible anchor sponsor of dubious repute so while the circumstances are different in both situations bad relationships. Optically imprudent move by the RW's with Amway in Detroit. Financially an imprudent move by IA with mix1. Mistakes in both cases, mistakes of 2 different kinds but mistakes are mistakes. What the Hell were the Ilitchs' thinking? Wheres the much vaunted integrity in signing on a False Hope Multi-Level Marketing Merchant like Amway as your "Presenting Sponsor"? That name & brand has Coodies and their gunna rub off on the organization, staining their name & reputation, the logo & colors themselves. Hell, Mr. Hockey himself, the greatest player in Red Wings history got shafted by Amway & wound up having to sue. I could go on & on & on over that one... or the ill suited Quicken Loans deal (usury lenders with a really bad rep - bad fit for the NHL in terms of demographics which is predominantly upper middle class & well educated) in SoCal.

But your suggesting now that if whomever has the money or as in this case of mix1 "appeared to have the money" and everyone "comfortable", just go ahead? I dont think so. Lot more to sponsorship & associative brand identification with an individual, a team or a league than that as you well know. Absolutely a protein drink is an excellent fit however, beyond that, do they have the kind of distribution upon which co-op spin-offs at P.O.S. can be jointly executed with the Coyotes along with Budget & how much? As their newbies, how long have they been in business & who are the principals, whats their background? Do they have the kind of experience to give flight to what is essentially a start-up? These are all questions that shouldve been asked as right off the bat, Red Flag; seed & operating capital being derived through a public offering. Very little private placement. Would you not be "concerned" about their ability to pay for that sponsorship which just happens to be a fairly choice platform? That youve blocked yourself from signing a financially solid sponsor in taking a risk on a company who's short track record is cause for concern?... And so this is what happens. Not only do the Coyotes get stiffed but theyve given away a choice sponsorship which they couldve sold to someone else without having to worry about whether or not their invoices get paid. Double whammy. mix1 was over-sold, possible mix1 over-promised thinking the sponsorship would result in immediate & substantial dividends, all kinds of things go on. Thats why you want Pro's running an operation like the Coyotes & GRA. To avoid precisely these kinds of mistakes.

Last edited:

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
It's a lump-sum seed payment - only thing I'm not sure of is whether it's Doan and his management starting the foundation independently or if it's the Coyotes handling the organizational work to establish it. That would certainly affect whether the monies are being donated outright or simply shuffled.

IIRC they announced at the ceremony it's Doan's to control via whatever management team he selects.

Speaking of donations to promote youth hockey in Arizona, what's the final word on the IRS receiving a complaint about that other charity?

It was a BS complaint. In retaliation for the recall attempts.

Last edited:

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I wonder why we are not seeing ads or testimonials, with Coyote players drinking the stuff, even on the mix1 web site...

Did any Red Wing players ever hawk Amway products? (source? :laugh: ) (Amway's co-founder has owned the Orlando Magic since 1991, and I don't ever recall Shaq or any other NBA player doing that.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad