Phoenix CIX: C IX Run, Run IX Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
....snip...

... no, at present they wont be collecting anything from ticket's, nothing from parking, nothing from concessions.

This would be true for the 16-17 season, concerning non-hockey events.

They'll have to work out a deal with whomever it is that Glendale awards the AMC to for everything from gate %~parking %~concession %~% of certain sponsorship revenues & so on & so forth. They have office space in the building, I dont know if thats included in the rental agreement X's 41 Home Games, just a whole bunch of details that need to be sorted out, an entire ward & warehouse full of crutches that have been kicked asunder.

It depends what you mean, Killion. As for the 16-17 season, this is what we know:

From Paragraph 46 of the Amendment..."Parties expressly agree that in the event the City replaces the Arena Manager that the Team Owner will have the right to continue to receive concession, sponsorship and licensing revenues attributable directly to hockey events for the remainder of the term of the agreement. The Parties also agree that the replacement Arena Manager will not be permitted to charge or assess Surcharges or Supplemental Surcharges on any Coyotes Hockey Event tickets. Notwithstanding the foregoing, parties will negotiate in good faith and shall amend the agreement as necessary to reflect this understanding.".

Which says to me that at least they would get to keep their own revenues. However, we all suspect that those revenues only would lead to HUGE organizational losses.

It's not just the $15M per annum gone, its the leverage the $250M 15yr AMC was providing thats now splintered & gone. All told, collectively, devastatingly rocked the NHL's & IA's world.
....snip.....
Expansion on hold, that club very likely destined for LV.

This part seems to address the 'long term future.' It's one thing to discuss next year, and that is the part of Killion's post I have discussed above. Here, K, you are talking about a 'new, lasting agreement.' I totally agree that no such agreement can or will be found. The city seems to be satisfied to quit underwriting the organization's losses.

As for why move next year:
1) Losses in Glendale will be huge. 1-year agreement in Talking Stick would be no better, and perhaps worse.
2) Couple that with the idea that all the fans would know it's a lame duck year, and the losses would get worse yet.

I firmly believe the 2nd year of the Amended lease was inserted for 2 reasons:
1) IA/NHL wanted a 2nd year so it doesn't look like this year is lame duck
2) CoG wanted a 2nd year to give them time to get a new Manager up to speed, and to give them room to spin that "We didn't evict them."

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
It depends what you mean, Killion. As for the 16-17 season, this is what we know:..... Here, K, you are talking about a 'new, lasting agreement.' I totally agree that no such agreement can or will be found. The city seems to be satisfied to quit underwriting the organization's losses.

Ya, I was talking about moving forward in totality, beyond 16/17. Next year they get a bye with the existing agreement, those revenue's Grandfathered in. Theoretically they could maintain the facade for another season past this one provided the BOG's are prepared to underwrite the losses, eating into the profits of what they can receive through a sale in 2017 or they can cut their losses next spring & finally be done with it.

aqib

Feb 13, 2012
As for why move next year:
1) Losses in Glendale will be huge. 1-year agreement in Talking Stick would be no better, and perhaps worse.

The only agreement I can see at Talking Stick that won't bankrupt the team is if its an Islander type deal, "we'll pay you X and in exchange we get all the revenues" but there isn't enough market demand to make that worth the Suns' while. If there was they would have bought the team years ago.

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
The only agreement I can see at Talking Stick that won't bankrupt the team is if its an Islander type deal, "we'll pay you X and in exchange we get all the revenues" but there isn't enough market demand to make that worth the Suns' while. If there was they would have bought the team years ago.

No one, locally, will buy into what LeBluster(tm) is selling...

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Sure, but my attendance is not going to help the out the gong show running this ship into the ground! I always said the single biggest issue for this franchise is the location in Glendale! Too far from the real fans and the real money! Convenience is helpful when you are witnessing a bottom feeder! Now that I review my previous claims regarding location I realize I have perhaps erred in speaking in such unkind terms about Glendale. I now believe the single biggest issue this franchise has is the captain at the helm! Tony Lebluster and his Tim Horton coffee houses are the big problem! Please GB, save this franchise from further debilitating conditions and relieve the man of his duties. He is a and civic liability to this team, the sooner he leaves the better. My man Turkey of the Year, please step aside, save the sinking ship some money and turn this debacle back over to the league to let Gary finally realize his great ambitions of maximizing Coyote value!

I recall you (years ago) condemning the arena itself for not having areas to "mingle" and ""lounge" while watching the games "like Minnesota".... Not condemning the location.

Then, as you state above it was the COG's fault.

Now it's the mouthpiece for the organization?

Are you now trying to state that this would work in Glendale if only the right front man was in place? Or, is just easy to lash out at one particular clown in this debacle?

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
I recall you (years ago) condemning the arena itself for not having areas to "mingle" and ""lounge" while watching the games "like Minnesota".... Not condemning the location.

Are you now trying to state that this would work in Glendale if only the right front man was in place? Or, is just easy to lash out at one particular clown in this debacle?

LeBluster(tm) has been the 'vocal' cheerleader for the IceEdge/IceArizona group from the very beginning about this franchise dating back to 2009...

IMO, he lied, yes lied, in front of the council when he stated he had a 75 page 'business' plan when said council voted 'yes' to his 'sales pitch'...

So far, he has returned very little (e.g., revenue for the city) and has been all 'desert hot air'...

There may be a coming haboob named in his dis-honor...

New thread title: LeBluster: Gunna Build Me a New Rink

Last edited:

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
LeBluster(tm) has been the 'vocal' cheerleader for the IceEdge/IceArizona group from the very beginning about this franchise dating back to 2009...

IMO, he lied, yes lied, in front of the council when he stated he had a 75 page 'business' plan when said council voted 'yes' to his 'sales pitch'...

So far, he has returned very little (e.g., revenue for the city) and has been all 'desert hot air'...

There may be a coming haboob named in his dis-honor...

New thread title: LeBluster: Gunna Build Me a New Rink

Appreciate the well known input {mod}, but you didn't answer my question.

Last edited by a moderator:

mesamonster

Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ.

Thanks for compiling my list of beefs! You have an amazing memory for all that I believe is wrong with this location,the COG and the Lebluster group! From the outset this has been a cluster of monstrous proportions! Seems every entity , including previous regimes, has vastly overestimated the potential of this market and the ability of this location to ultimately survive. My previous complaints about the arena remain in place and have now become ever more pronounced relative to other venues. Hard to imagine that GRA is quickly becoming outdated! Concourses remain bland and uninviting, food options have dwindled to a few remaining spots of culinary half delight! Suites and other high roller amenities are too few and those that remain are considered outdated relative to what is available in many venues around the league!

The COG issue? Too bad those bozos listened to Chavira and voted for that last deal! I said all along, the best thing for the city to do was to bid farewell to the Yotes, bring in the home and garden shows and the dog shows and the city would be far better off! I think in hindsight I was correct!

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I think in hindsight I was correct!

I think [most] would think that statement is premature.

So it isn't LeBlanc? It's just fun to carry on about him doing what he does, as if it's a surprise, or unknown of sorts?

Or, is "the biggest issue this franchise has" LeBlanc and his Tim Hortons coffee houses?

Last edited by a moderator:

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
.... well, reached the thread limit...
we'll start a new thread when further inf surfaces...
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1991471
meanwhile... no end in site... better Run Like Hell fella's, losing ground...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Uf_rTLqj0o

0d48775b26fe55d8f33108dd2fe43929d6cfc301.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad