Phoenix CIX: C IX Run, Run IX Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
COG is always ripe for the pickin':naughty:

Sorry, but the new majority council has picked LeBluster clean...

Sherwood, Knaack, Martinez (who all voted for the 'arena management' fee) are gone, and the last remaining 'schoolgirl who voted "Yes,'' councilmember Chavira is now in the minority...

The new council will not be making any 'sweetheart' deals...they are waiting for the new arena manager bidders to drop-off their proposals in about a fortnight...

And, LeBluster should not be counting on the new arena manager to give them much either, other than a 'rental' payment to keep playing there, if they so choose...

As for the NHL, yup Lebeesur is their jester and an amusing one at that. I don't see any scenario where the NHL does not own the majority of that franchise. Barroway still listed as majority owner. How many pre-game pucks have him and his son dropped this season?:popcorn:

None that I am aware...

These guys will have problems meeting payroll by February if they are not already having issues. Couldn't gather enough change to eat at Dave and Busters before the game.;)

That long, huh? :D

Last edited:

aqib

Feb 13, 2012
Sorry, but the new majority council has picked LeBluster clean...

Sherwood, Knaack, Martinez (who all voted for the 'arena management fee) are gone, and the last remaining 'schoolgirl who voted "Yes,'' councilmember Chavira is in now in the minority...

The new council will not be making any 'sweetheart' deals...they are waiting for the new arena manager bidders to drop-off their proposals in about a fortnight...

A minority of one?

So if the RFP responses come within a fortnight are you saying that a new arena manager would be named in weeks not months.

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
A minority of one?

So if the RFP responses come within a fortnight are you saying that a new arena manager would be named in weeks not months.

To quote:

"[Vice Mayor Ian] Hugh said the city would like to have an agreement with whoever is selected by January, so they have time to prepare to take over in June, and the city wants certain stipulations in any new deal.

“If they make any projections on revenue and don’t hit them, what will the city receive in exchange for that,†Hugh said. “How will they be held accountable; that is a key point in this new contract.â€"

Source: http://www.glendalestar.com/news/article_ff00e8d4-620d-11e5-941a-17844d1bd6bc.html

:popcorn:

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
To quote:

"[Vice Mayor Ian] Hugh said the city would like to have an agreement with whoever is selected by January, so they have time to prepare to take over in June, and the city wants certain stipulations in any new deal.

“If they make any projections on revenue and don’t hit them, what will the city receive in exchange for that,†Hugh said. “How will they be held accountable; that is a key point in this new contract.â€"

Source: http://www.glendalestar.com/news/article_ff00e8d4-620d-11e5-941a-17844d1bd6bc.html

:popcorn:

Ouch, I see why LeBeesur and IA won't be submitting a bid. Oh well, 4 groups are courting the Coyotes to build them a new arena.:D Isn't that right Tony?

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
Ouch, I see why LeBeesur and IA won't be submitting a bid. Oh well, 4 groups are courting the Coyotes to build them a new arena.:D Isn't that right Tony?

I think all four, courting LeBluster, will be quite disappointed with his dowry... :D

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
I think all four, courting LeBluster, will be quite disappointed with his dowry... :D

Well, after seeing first hand how he treated the ex in Glendale, why on earth would they even flirt with the guy?

mesamonster

Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ.
New stadium theories advanced by the head clown Lebluster are fleeting farts in the wind! I can't see any circumstance in which any entity would EVER build these frauds an arena to play in? Lest I remind all that have some hope for such a far fetched scenario, it takes money, which the IA boys do not possess, and it takes a bona fide business plan with realistic projections. We know Tony is incapable of producing such numbers because even if he could they would show horrific cash flow and bottom line results! For them to have a fighting chance in a new arena they would need to own the arena and all of its ancillary income streams! Seriously, that is not going to occur.
Reacting to the recently released Forbes valuations it appears to the rest of the world that the heretofore 300MM + valuation is now significantly less. Could that mean Barroway, Drummond et. al. have already taken a proverbial red ink bath?
I am of the opinion that unless the IA clowns find some cash in an unknown drawer, they will be facing down a liquidity crisis in this year. Can you see it now, players walking out on them because the clowns could not meet payroll obligations. Sure, it will be short lived because the sawed off Commish will rush in to save them with the NHL taking back the team for five cents on the dollar! I predict a juicy megathread will rear its ugly head in the 1Q of 16! Happy holidays everyone, may I proudly submit my vote for Turkey of the Year: Anthony Lebluster the run away winner!!!

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
New stadium theories advanced by the head clown Lebluster are fleeting farts in the wind! I can't see any circumstance in which any entity would EVER build these frauds an arena to play in? Lest I remind all that have some hope for such a far fetched scenario, it takes money, which the IA boys do not possess, and it takes a bona fide business plan with realistic projections. We know Tony is incapable of producing such numbers because even if he could they would show horrific cash flow and bottom line results! For them to have a fighting chance in a new arena they would need to own the arena and all of its ancillary income streams! Seriously, that is not going to occur.

But, but Anthony LeBluster has been following this franchise since 2009 and he stated he had a 75 page business plan before the last Glendale council voted in his group as arena managers...

Reacting to the recently released Forbes valuations it appears to the rest of the world that the heretofore 300MM + valuation is now significantly less. Could that mean Barroway, Drummond et. al. have already taken a proverbial red ink bath?

We don't know who the majority owner is, but I agree that all of the 'owners' are taking a bath...

I am of the opinion that unless the IA clowns find some cash in an unknown drawer, they will be facing down a liquidity crisis in this year. Can you see it now, players walking out on them because the clowns could not meet payroll obligations. Sure, it will be short lived because the sawed off Commish will rush in to save them with the NHL taking back the team for five cents on the dollar!

Wayne, can I choose what's behind door #4... :sarcasm:

I predict a juicy megathread will rear its ugly head in the 1Q of 16! Happy holidays everyone, may I proudly submit my vote for Turkey of the Year: Anthony Lebluster the run away winner!!!

That's one turkey I won't want to eat... :D

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
I will be shocked if the team is playing anywhere other than GRA in five years time, although ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTED if AVMC is somehow utilized instead.

That is of course..... if they are still in the valley.

LeBlanc looks like a five-year-old stomping around the house and threatening to leave when he can't have more chocolate-chip cookies.

Beats me if they will be in Arizona long, but if they are I can't imagine anyone else opening up cookie jar for them.

It's hard to understand that the NHL made so much of the fact that the Coyotes can't survive without some serious subsidies from the City of Glendale, and then they're going to move to another venue without subsidies? What planet are they on?

GuelphStormer

Mar 20, 2012
Guelph, ON
I am of the opinion that unless the IA clowns find some cash in an unknown drawer, they will be facing down a liquidity crisis in this year. Can you see it now, players walking out on them because the clowns could not meet payroll obligations. Sure, it will be short lived because the sawed off Commish will rush in to save them with the NHL taking back the team for five cents on the dollar! I predict a juicy megathread will rear its ugly head in the 1Q of 16! Happy holidays everyone, may I proudly submit my vote for Turkey of the Year: Anthony Lebluster the run away winner!!!
oh, no doubt, the jester is dancing to distract attention from the inevitable. what I cannot figure out is why bettman is allowing him to continue to go after glendale with such vitriol. sure, the city turned the table and assumed control - which has to anger bettman who had already fleeced them for $50M himself - but i cannot help but wonder if the way this franchise has/is treating its city partner as well as the way its spokesjester is blustering on in fantasyland is not making potential municipal partners in tenuous locations like seattle, portland, maybe even hartford and houston that much more reluctant about getting involved with the nhl - especially (gasp!) if relo of this team is conditional on the jester remaining involved.

i mean, at some point, bettman surely has to tell leblanc to shut up, no?

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
...what I cannot figure out is why bettman is allowing him to continue to go after glendale with such vitriol..... i mean, at some point, bettman surely has to tell leblanc to shut up, no?

What are you referring to specifically GS? I havent read or heard/watched anything terribly vitriolic since June/July from LeBlanc or the league, Bettman or Daly. On the contrary, it appeared LeBlanc was told to zip it after that tirade he & Grant Woods launched into following the vote to void the Lease. Then for about a week thereafter LeBlanc was making the media rounds talking trash but that all stopped rather abruptly. Hafta figure NHL Inc told him to cut it out, especially as they then had their lunch handed to them in a basket by the city. No lawsuit, no nuthin, slunk off to lick their wounds. All bark & no bite. But since then, running silent & instead, this crazy disinformation campaign, moving to Talking Stick, hiring a consultant, refusing to submit a bid through the RFP. Passive~aggressive petulance and clearly designed to try & scare & shame the COG back to the table. But no direct-attacks that Ive seen, not yet anyway. They might come, missiles launched, the usual; Glendale Arena will be shuttered, Westgate left bereft, Ghost Town etc, the usual. Then again, might not. Hard to say. I have my doubts these guys go quietly into the night. Take the High Road. Exhibit some Class... anecdotally, I hear their already pulling back on services & concessions at GRA. Cutting costs to the bone which of course does affect fan convenience & choice, experience. Rather indicative they do appear to be laying down the tracks for an exit.

Last edited:

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Is this a wild assumptive hunch? Or do you have some form of documentation, inside information? Anything that would give this rather bold statement some meat?

Obviously Big Brother NHL wont let that happen. They own the team. Could fund it indefinitely if they so wished. I actually dont have a problem with that at all. Be nice though to have Bettman step up to the plate & make a public pronouncement. A Mission Statement if you will that the league feels Arizona is too important a market to lose, too much time & money has been invested & that even come further Hell or Highwater, team's staying put. Such a statement in combination with what LeBlanc is "claiming" would go far in assuaging the concerns of the clubs employee's including the players, fans, corporate sector & sponsors. IA has a real credibility problem here kihekah. This stony silence from the league not good.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona

Are you able to make it to many games Mesa? I know it's a looong drive from waaaay out there in Scottsdale.
MOD

Last edited by a moderator:

Glacial

Jan 8, 2013
So the Coyotes have a potential cash crunch coming up? They could've had it sponsored by Nestle. :sarcasm: They can start thinking outside the box of sponsorship or press releases, maybe poke fun at themselves. Imagine if LeBlanc likened the team's pursuit of a new valley arena like Wily E. Coyote chasing the Road Runner. The Coyotes and Wily E. Coyote share a lot of things in common- they seem to always fall flat, they are very persistent, their antics are cartoonish. :laugh:

Maybe ACME can send LeBlanc a book for how to create an instant cash stream (scheme) there...

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Maybe ACME can send LeBlanc a book for how to create an instant cash stream (scheme) there...

Well, dunno if youve heard of it & Im pretty darn sure it wasnt made by Acme, but theres a tent in Astana Kazakhstan called the Khan Shatyr with a footprint that covers the size of 10 football fields. Has a man made running stream through it, play golf, all kinds of activities including?... yep, ice hockey. So... if LeBlanc's serious & wants to get out of GRA tout sweet, cant cut a deal with Talking Stick... best be getting on the line to Kazakhstan. Cirque du Soleil or whomever & sourcing something out. With an ice~plant, bleacher seating etc, we have the technology. Alternatively, possible WestWorld over in Scottsdale could accommodate. Thats where the Barrett-Jackson Auto Auctions are held, huge facility sitting on over 360 acres including an indoor equestrian center that could be re-configured for hockey though that'd cost. Again, ice-plant required. Or, lease land from them, pitch a 20,000 seater tent.... Crazy idea & talk?... How is it any crazier than the suggestion that IA has 5-7yrs to go play out of Talking Stick & maybe get a deal done with the Suns & City of Phx or wherever for a shared facility? As a matter of fact, my idea's better and a lot more practicable. Hire an Aerial Acrobatics Team... whole 9 yards.... hockey game just happens to be going on....

mesamonster

Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ.
Are you able to make it to many games Mesa? I know it's a looong drive from waaaay out there in Scottsdale.
MOD
Sure, but my attendance is not going to help the out the gong show running this ship into the ground! I always said the single biggest issue for this franchise is the location in Glendale! Too far from the real fans and the real money! Convenience is helpful when you are witnessing a bottom feeder! Now that I review my previous claims regarding location I realize I have perhaps erred in speaking in such unkind terms about Glendale. I now believe the single biggest issue this franchise has is the captain at the helm! Tony Lebluster and his Tim Horton coffee houses are the big problem! Please GB, save this franchise from further debilitating conditions and relieve the man of his duties. He is a and civic liability to this team, the sooner he leaves the better. My man Turkey of the Year, please step aside, save the sinking ship some money and turn this debacle back over to the league to let Gary finally realize his great ambitions of maximizing Coyote value!

Well, dunno if youve heard of it & Im pretty darn sure it wasnt made by Acme, but theres a tent in Astana Kazakhstan called the Khan Shatyr with a footprint that covers the size of 10 football fields. Has a man made running stream through it, play golf, all kinds of activities including?... yep, ice hockey. So... if LeBlanc's serious & wants to get out of GRA tout sweet, cant cut a deal with Talking Stick... best be getting on the line to Kazakhstan. Cirque du Soleil or whomever & sourcing something out. With an ice~plant, bleacher seating etc, we have the technology. Alternatively, possible WestWorld over in Scottsdale could accommodate. Thats where the Barrett-Jackson Auto Auctions are held, huge facility sitting on over 360 acres including an indoor equestrian center that could be re-configured for hockey though that'd cost. Again, ice-plant required. Or, lease land from them, pitch a 20,000 seater tent.... Crazy idea & talk?... How is it any crazier than the suggestion that IA has 5-7yrs to go play out of Talking Stick & maybe get a deal done with the Suns & City of Phx or wherever for a shared facility? As a matter of fact, my idea's better and a lot more practicable. Hire an Aerial Acrobatics Team... whole 9 yards.... hockey game just happens to be going on....

K, I think your out of the box ideas are what Tony should now be considering! Love the idea of selling Ferrari GTO`s and Shelby 427 fastbacks at period breaks! As for the ice plant? Easy, Im sure the COG would be happy to lease their unused equipment, whatdya say about $15MM per annum?

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Why are you calling LeBlanc "Lebluster"? MOD

You don't have the money to own the team. Yes, they might not either. But they appear to have enough to do so currently, regardless of the help they might have received.

Last edited by a moderator:

mesamonster

Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ.
Why are you calling LeBlanc "Lebluster"? MOD
You don't have the money to own the team. Yes, they might not either. But they appear to have enough to do so currently, regardless of the help they might have received.

Goodness, Tony the tiger has spewed more innuendo, bluster and yes lies about this franchise, he deserves his nickname, he has come by it honestly and with great distinction! BTW, what does Tony have in this franchise now? He has been diluted more times than ever clear in a frat house! Please don`t forget Tony`s regrettable statements when it was uncovered that he and his minions were the ones responsible for hiring the insider Tindall and attempting to loot the pockets of the citizens of Glendale!

Lebluster is the name, and Im sticking to it!:yo:

JimAnchower

Dec 8, 2012
Well, dunno if youve heard of it & Im pretty darn sure it wasnt made by Acme, but theres a tent in Astana Kazakhstan called the Khan Shatyr with a footprint that covers the size of 10 football fields. Has a man made running stream through it, play golf, all kinds of activities including?... yep, ice hockey. So... if LeBlanc's serious & wants to get out of GRA tout sweet, cant cut a deal with Talking Stick... best be getting on the line to Kazakhstan. Cirque du Soleil or whomever & sourcing something out. With an ice~plant, bleacher seating etc, we have the technology.

So, that is the mystery fourth location Shannon says exists? Cost $400M to construct, so it is right in line with what a new arena would cost. Probably can get it on the cheap since it is "used".

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
Goodness, Tony the tiger has spewed more innuendo, bluster and yes lies about this franchise, he deserves his nickname, he has come by it honestly and with great distinction! BTW, what does Tony have in this franchise now? He has been diluted more times than ever clear in a frat house! Please don`t forget Tony`s regrettable statements when it was uncovered that he and his minions were the ones responsible for hiring the insider Tindall and attempting to loot the pockets of the citizens of Glendale!

Lebluster is the name, and Im sticking to it!:yo:

Since I started the LeBluster (tm) moniker, please send all royalties to my attorney, Craig Tindall... :sarcasm:

Last edited:

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
As much as I would like to believe these are real developments, I can't.

Given that there are no comments from any Host city/tribe, and given the current lease situation, I can't help but see this as spin.

It seems more and more likely to me that we are going to see one more negotiation between CoG and IA, and that will be over how to break the lease and avoid playing in Glendale next year.

City relocation coming this summer?

Why?? They don't have to.

The current lease allows them the same terms for one more season (same rent, rev streams, etc.) The only difference would be the arena manager would be different, meaning they don't get the non-hockey event revenue (or have to bear the costs of it either).

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

Westworld would put you in the same bad position as playing in Glendale. Only difference would be less whining from a small group from the east side of town. ;)

Last edited:

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011

The current lease allows them the same terms for one more season (same rent, rev streams, etc.) The only difference would be the arena manager would be different, meaning they don't get the non-hockey event revenue (or have to bear the costs of it either).

Not correct.

This year COG pays them a flat 6.5 M, plus they get non hockey revenue streams.

Next year. Nothing.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010

.... ya... see... TL..... not altogether accurate is that...

Not correct.

This year COG pays them a flat 6.5 M, plus they get non hockey revenue streams.

Next year. Nothing.

... no, at present they wont be collecting anything from ticket's, nothing from parking, nothing from concessions. They'll have to work out a deal with whomever it is that Glendale awards the AMC to for everything from gate %~parking %~concession %~% of certain sponsorship revenues & so on & so forth. They have office space in the building, I dont know if thats included in the rental agreement X's 41 Home Games, just a whole bunch of details that need to be sorted out, an entire ward & warehouse full of crutches that have been kicked asunder. Its not just the $15M per annum gone, its the leverage the $250M 15yr AMC was providing thats now splintered & gone. All told, collectively, devastatingly rocked the NHL's & IA's world. Tsunami's already hit & retreated, gone back out to sea. So who are you going to believe? Your lying eyes surveying the swath of destruction left behind or Anthony LeBlanc & NHL friendly reporters claiming that the suns rising on NHL hockey in Arizona, the Coyotes long tenured, forever?

I dont know if the NHL's BOG's has the stomach to continue underwriting the losses for even one more year which as a paying tenant be it GRA or Talking Stick will be even more staggering then they have been. Youve just got to figure their patience is up, all gone, completely evaporated, glass not half full, empty, dry as dust. If it wasnt before last June it surely would be by now. No longer Bettmans file, he's going to be told; enough with these games, facade, your fake owners, Dummy Corporation, Black-Op... its clearly not working, blew up in your face, move that team immediately upon conclusion of the 2015/16 season. Youve also just gotta figure thats a conversation thats already taken place. This nonsense, disinformation being floated by LeBlanc all over the wires & out there in order to avoid a complete & total collapse of the market as the shot clock runs down. Going so far as to contract a consultant (who's reputation is dubious, integrity questionable), full false flag operation as they ride out the rest of the season. "Why would we hire a consultant if we were planning to leave"?.... I'll tell you why; in order to buy yourself a sheen of credibility which unfortunately is completely transparent & not really fooling anyone but for those desperately hoping for hope. Consultants yet another dodge, feint, a fake alibi... total cutback of all extraneous expenses at GRA... Expansion on hold & why?.... that club very likely destined for LV thats why.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad