Phoenix CI: TeA.R.S. for FeA.R.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
http://www.yourwestvalley.com/glendale/article_b26becf4-113f-11e5-ba24-4ffecc7ebb2b.html

Poorly written article and some details missing.

But sounds like there's a closed-door meeting between COG and Coyotes scheduled for Tuesday 1pm.
However, in a prepared statement, Mayor Jerry Weiers shed some light on the discussion.
“An opportunity for the two of us to discuss the issues has presented itself, and I am optimistic that with continued dialogue we can come to an agreement that satisfies both parties,†stated the release.

Wiers is awesome.

He wanted them at the table to renegotiate, and now he has them.

objectiveposter

Jan 29, 2011
No 15 million dollar subsidy, no concession or namings rights revenue, no revenue from other events...unsuitable arena for at least the next 3-4 years....yeah good luck playing in Phoenix.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Yikes a $250 000 bond. A little rich for Leblanc. No? Perhaps he can draw from the NHL LOC or ask Barroway to post it.:naughty:

I do feel for Coyotes fans and have in fact traveled to several games in Glendale and had a fantastic time. Treated by Coyotes ticket reps and fans in a 1st class fashion.

If anger should be directed from either side of this clusterclownshow it should squarely be at the direction the BOG has instructed L'ill Gary to take.

Evil Doctor

Cryin' Hank crying
Apr 29, 2009
Cambridge, ON
Keith Olbermann rips the nurse from North Phoenix to shreds

Oh dear lord, she's a nurse? I blame Obamacare...:D

But in all seriousness, the Olbermann piece should highlight something for Coyotes fans. As much as you want to think that everyone is going to side with the Coyotes and the NHL in this, the reality is that only the apologists and true believers are going to. Everyone else is going to see things the way Olbermann sees it, and that is going to seriously harm professional hockey in the US for the foreseeable future...

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Interesting that The Coyotes are headed to the Negotiation table.

Methinks the Coyotes may have been backed off a bit by their lawyers.

What's our new title going to be? I suggest something like: Big TROuble in Little Glendale.

That had to have already be a title.

We're gunna run out of titles at this rate.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Oh dear lord, she's a nurse? I blame Obamacare...:D

But in all seriousness, the Olbermann piece should highlight something for Coyotes fans. As much as you want to think that everyone is going to side with the Coyotes and the NHL in this, the reality is that only the apologists and true believers are going to. Everyone else is going to see things the way Olbermann sees it, and that is going to seriously harm professional hockey in the US for the foreseeable future...

That may end up beng the perception but that doesn't mean that the way they see it is accurate either.

metalfoot

Karlsson!
Dec 21, 2007
Manitoba, Canada
Interesting that The Coyotes are headed to the Negotiation table.

Methinks the Coyotes may have been backed off a bit by their lawyers.

I had always assumed that the whole point of breaking the lease was to write a new one which didn't TOTALLY hose Glendale. Just mostly. The council can live with mostly.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Although she may have been quite misguided in her comments, that's pretty mean to mock her on national tv. She's just a fan after all.

Perhaps IA will hire her in the Coyotes medical/training staff dept. IA has proven if nothing that they are loyal to friends of the Coyotes.:sarcasm:

Edit: did Leblanc buy his house in Glendale?

Tom ServoMST3K

Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
I had always assumed that the whole point of breaking the lease was to write a new one which didn't TOTALLY hose Glendale. Just mostly. The council can live with mostly.

Yeah, IF they renegotiate the City can go to the anti-yotes residents and go SEE we totally got a better deal, and they can go to the pro-yotes residents and go SEE we totally support hockey!

GJB

Dr. Hook
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2002

That's my guess at the outcome of this.

The council will back down enough to not get fleeced but still be paying far more than they should.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
this isnt just a one-time thing too.

Rhonda Pearson was the spokeswoman for Coyotes PAC Glendale First PAC (AKA BeavisPAC). That organization lobbied the previous council and the public to get this deal approved in the first place.

So far every member of BeavisPAC that has made their identity known publicly does not reside in Glendale. Most appear to live in a Cave (creek).

Glacial

Jan 8, 2013
Yeah. I picked up on all that immediately. Its like someone taped everything he said at the time, transcribed word for word into the applications, complaints.

So maybe Leblanc is the one calling the shots on this course, not the NHL and its lawyers? We're gonna need a whole lot more :popcorn: then. I look forward to the litigious, Perry Mason-esque genius of Leblanc :laugh: .

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I found the Nurse's arguments to be pretty pointless. Olberman, though, is paid to make coherent points and he completley failed to do so. That's more embarassing. I wouldn't blame Olberman for being a terrible nurse any more than I blame Rhonda for being a poor orator. But his segment was unfunny, unclear, and painfully delivered. Maybe he should look into nursing school. He's obviously not well suited for his current profession. Speaking of suits, a man dressed as a cartoon version of a 1970s used car salesman is in no position to be judging anyone else for their apparel choices.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Maybe if the purpose of the meeting was to debate whether the Coyotes have a passionate fan base. But it wasn't. It was a vote on an issue that affects the tax payers and residents of Glendale, which the good Nurse is not.

Well considering that Glendale's taxpayer money doesn't all come from Glendale residents and the issue doesn't simply just affect Glendale residents, those fans that pay tax money in Glendale AND part of Glendale's money comes from the state, they have every right to voice their opinion. They may not be the top priority but their opinions are meaningless or they are getting a free ride. That's just not smart.

Tom ServoMST3K

Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
I don't want to comment on the Olbermann piece without watching it, but to accuse the CoG of not supporting the Coyotes is pure insanity and factually wrong.

It doesn't matter what your background is.

Glacial

Jan 8, 2013
Perhaps IA will hire her in the Coyotes medical/training staff dept. IA has proven if nothing that they are loyal to friends of the Coyotes.:sarcasm:

Edit: did Leblanc buy his house in Glendale?

Wasn't he hanging around Scottsdale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad