Post-Game Talk: Philly @ The Washington Anthony Manthanys | 7p ET | NBCSW

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Postgame you have mantha just praising how great of a guy Dillon is.

when he got traded from SJ karlsson sajd same thing.

Dillon has had ups and downs for sure - but sometimes great character guys you need in locker room.

kinda reminds me of Orpik. Paying a lot for a guy for mainly his character/locker room... and sometimes that’s okay

artilector

Jan 11, 2006

Dillon has had ups and downs for sure - but sometimes great character guys you need in locker room.

kinda reminds me of Orpik. Paying a lot for a guy for mainly his character/locker room... and sometimes that’s okay

IMO, mediocre teams pay extra for good character guys. Elite teams pay the right amount for good players, and get "good character" as a bonus.

Orpik actually ended up playing well enough for the Caps to basically justify his salary on that alone.

If you have to justify a guy's spot on the roster by his intangibles, it's almost always a sure sign of poor roster construction.

Reactions: Rayquaza64

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Where are all the Mantha doubters right now? Me and a select couple of others were all about this deal yesterday. The rest of y'all were in a poopoo mood until the game! Most on here hadn't even watched him before tonight....
Boom! Doubt this!! LOL

He’s a f***ing freight train..... but w skills. Tom Wilson but with a different way of going about the game.

Last edited:

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada

Nope. He was talking about Larkin. He was trying to say, “Dylan’s a great guy and he’s my buddy but he’s not even close to the type of players I just spent this game in a line with.” Without actually saying that.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Could have, but then they wouldn't have #39. How long are you going to whine about it especially considering there isn't a thing you can do about it other than whine even more?
You must be taking to @Hivemind? I can see why putting someone on ignore is a challenge. Although he has done it to more posters than anyone. LOL

clown he is

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Manthaaaaaa!

Lets not fight over the trade for every game thread this season, ok? Its too early anyways and lets try to be happy for a minute after beating down two annoying teams 8- and 6-1.

Sure Bruins had AHL-def and Flyers didnt look good today, but the way we rolled over them was promising. Engines working. And the new guy got exactly the debut you would hope for him. Good leg to start building for AM.

And love him praising Dillon just after i argued for him in the other thread against ”dump Dillon”ers :)

Hockey is fun again. Hope Vrana also scores in his Det debut.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
IMO, mediocre teams pay extra for good character guys. Elite teams pay the right amount for good players, and get "good character" as a bonus.

Orpik actually ended up playing well enough for the Caps to basically justify his salary on that alone.

If you have to justify a guy's spot on the roster by his intangibles, it's almost always a sure sign of poor roster construction.
I think this is a poor take. You are talking like this team is the Senators or the Red Wings.

All teams — and the good ones in particular in sports leagues everywhere — need players that help to make the room solid.

You’ve become seemingly pretty critical over the last year or so. Maybe that’s the issue here.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
I haven't beem watching the Caps the past 2 weeks and so I missed the bad stretch of play. Come back and we score 14 goals to 2 in back to back games. So I'm kinda scratching my head here and saying what bad stretch? :dunno:

The only thing I notice that is different is that we haven't let teams back in after big leads anymore.

Last edited:

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Manthaaaaaa!

Lets not fight over the trade for every game thread this season, ok? Its too early anyways and lets try to be happy for a minute after beating down two annoying teams 8- and 6-1.

Sure Bruins had AHL-def and Flyers didnt look good today, but the way we rolled over them was promising. Engines working. And the new guy got exactly the debut you would hope for him. Good leg to start building for AM.

And love him praising Dillon just after i argued for him in the other thread against ”dump Dillon”ers :)

Hockey is fun again. Hope Vrana also scores in his Det debut.
See above. He wasn't praising Dillon.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
I'm discussing a hockey move on a hockey board. Is that not the very purpose of this board?
I don’t understand why they wouldn’t protect Schultz and VV
That 1st could do a lot more for them towards that goal of winning the Cup that paying off a bad contract that GMBM himself signed.
After seeing this guy be the best player on the ice in his 1 game in what reality could the 1st have improved their cup chances more than bringing in this rig?

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Mantha is looking good! Guess I’m on the caps bandwagon now. We always thought the had all the tools to be a star, it just wasn’t happening and the losing was getting to him. Hope he can put it together in Washington.

I think it's okay to say "All Detroit fans are welcome!" As long as you hate the Pens, Isles and Rangers. Oh, and the Bruins.

But mostly just the Pens :laugh:

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
I think it's okay to say "All Detroit fans are welcome!" As long as you hate the Pens, Isles and Rangers. Oh, and the Bruins.

But mostly just the Pens :laugh:

All true Detroit fans will hate the Pens after they had a Cup stolen from them.

Moving up the Finals for no reason other than to give the younger team a significant advantage.

Malkin not getting suspended a game for instigating a fight in the last 5 minutes.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Boom! Doubt this!! LOL

He’s a f***ing freight train..... but w skills. Tom Wilson but with a different way of going about the game.
Let's wait more. Shall we? I'm still skeptical. That was a report on him: that he can be absolutely a top player in this league if he was motivated more. If he was what you described, no way Detroit would trade him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad