Pre-Game Talk: Philly @ Edmonton 7:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
- Interesting to see Kosko back in. Looks like its going to be a straight split for the starts. Smith's in-crease work has been better than Kosko so far this year, there'd be an argument that it's his starter job to lose if it wasn't for his stupid stupid misplays of the puck.

- Nygaard out with an early season injury. Well, here's the "gamble" part of Holland's pick ups coming in. A first year NHLer who's never the NHL physicality... could see this injury coming from a mile away seeing how often Nygard get's knocked down. I like his game though, it's atleast better than Reider so not complaining about the pick up. Hope to see him back soon.

- Think Jurco's got more top 6 skill than Chiasson. Not a fan of line blendering, but Chiasson is more expensive so I guess give him a real shot to earn that contract. Jurco in the bottom 6 seems a bit miscast. But as long as the PK personnel stays the same, it shouldn't be too big of an issue.

- PRussel back in, guess it makes sense with Nygaard out. Prussel seems to be quite liked by everyone, in the right places, works hard, responsible.... but seems to have almost no offensive ability. I'd prefer inserting border-line NHL players with a bit more of a ceiling, a bit more potential... wasted roster spot IMO, but I guess he won't hurt us, so yay for the coaches.

Jurco is a best ft against weaker defence, it gives better point production. GOOD move.
Prussel seems to be actually low-valued by Tippet. Best PK on the team- then benched. What...
I just wrote a wall about Chiasson. Its producing time now, or trade. No room for a useless 2nd year player with so many 1st year players.

Reactions: Anarchism

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
So many careless backhand and hope passes last game. Sloppy stuff. I hope they have that cleaned up tonight.

Must win. /s

Reactions: Cypress

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Do not like Neal on the left and Chiasson up on the 2nd line. * Hopefully it works out.

Too bad Nygard is out. Would have liked to see Haas in and Khaira out in some way.

*According to Gregor

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
I feel like Oilers games against the Flyers always turn out to be interesting (sometimes in the wrong way...), so definitely going to be watching this one. Fingers crossed.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Normally when teams stink it up against the Flames they come back and run us over. Hope that trend does not continue here

Reactions: Porkleaker

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Normally when teams stink it up against the Flames they come back and run us over. Hope that trend does not continue here

That was the trend and this will be the real test imo. Hopefully they feel better at home and won't have to deal with crappy ice like they did in the East.

OldManBouchard

Oct 14, 2019
We need to grasp as many points as we can in October. Especially against these "tired" teams on back to backs. November schedule looks much tougher.

Reactions: Porkleaker

PositiveCashFlow

Snowmen fall to earth unassembled
Jul 10, 2007
I’d normally say “Manning’s in, $;$;$:& this” but with this new coaching staff I actually trust they’ll use him correctly (if he’s in at all)

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
AssEatinSzn?
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad