Pre-Game Talk: Philly @ Edmonton 7:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
GDT of the season so far..;)

As to the lineup how do Archibald and Khaira keep getting starts and guys like Haas keep being out of the lineup?

Chiasson getting elevated is a bit odd. Sure Jurco struggled to get much going last game but pretty much everybody did. Chiasson hasn't shown anything all season.

I've tried to be optimistic but this is the first home game after a long road trip, its in the midweek doldrum, and Koskinen is in the net at home.

I don't know I'd be betting on this one.

First team to 4 goals wins..

Last edited:
Reactions: ElysiumAB

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
I was at the Philly game last night in my Philly jersey. Didn't work.

I'm worried if I put on my Oilers jersey tonight it won't work either.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
This is where we find out what the oilers are really made of. In past seasons, this would be a game where the team looks flat and a loss with the excuses of ... "First game back from a long road trip, blah blah, blah"

Good teams find a way to win. Let's see if the Oilers have it figured out.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
8 of the 12 dressed forwards have 0 goals, 6 of the 12 are minus players, and Granlund and Chiasson have been huge possession drags. Going to need some secondary scoring at some point here to challenge for a playoff spot. Chicago made a point to key on McDavid and Draisaitl and it worked to a T.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
8 of the 12 dressed forwards have 0 goals, 6 of the 12 are minus players, and Granlund and Chiasson have been huge possession drags. Going to need some secondary scoring at some point here to challenge for a playoff spot. Chicago made a point to key on McDavid and Draisaitl and it worked to a T.
Yup, still not a whole lot of skill in that bottom 6. I guess it's great they're not getting caved but they still need to pot one or two.

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
I'm almost never impressed with how we play against tired teams. I'd love to see that change with this group.

Cypress

Mar 4, 2018
I'm fine with trying Chaisson on 2nd line. Jurco hasn't shown much recently.

Really surprised to see Haas still out, woulda thought he'd be back in with Granlund taking Archibald's spot on the wing.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
- Interesting to see Kosko back in. Looks like its going to be a straight split for the starts. Smith's in-crease work has been better than Kosko so far this year, there'd be an argument that it's his starter job to lose if it wasn't for his stupid stupid misplays of the puck.

- Nygaard out with an early season injury. Well, here's the "gamble" part of Holland's pick ups coming in. A first year NHLer who's never the NHL physicality... could see this injury coming from a mile away seeing how often Nygard get's knocked down. I like his game though, it's atleast better than Reider so not complaining about the pick up. Hope to see him back soon.

- Think Jurco's got more top 6 skill than Chiasson. Not a fan of line blendering, but Chiasson is more expensive so I guess give him a real shot to earn that contract. Jurco in the bottom 6 seems a bit miscast. But as long as the PK personnel stays the same, it shouldn't be too big of an issue.

- PRussel back in, guess it makes sense with Nygaard out. Prussel seems to be quite liked by everyone, in the right places, works hard, responsible.... but seems to have almost no offensive ability. I'd prefer inserting border-line NHL players with a bit more of a ceiling, a bit more potential... wasted roster spot IMO, but I guess he won't hurt us, so yay for the coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad