GDT: Philly @ Detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obe2kenobe

Mar 23, 2014
U.P.
Still don't understand why Helm is a staple on Datsyuk's line. Dude has 3 goals in 40 games this season, he doesn't belong in the top 6.

He sure doesn't belong there. That's too long of a stretch of poor production. I like Helm on the 4th line.

Helm is not a scoring winger.

Like others have said, I would like to see Green on the #1 PP as well. That's his strength. Kronwall needs a demotion to the #2 PP. The last game was a great example. Green had 2 assists with less PP time.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
how about we put pulkinnen with someone who can actually get him the puck.

Obe2kenobe

Mar 23, 2014
U.P.
I hope Larkin gets PK time now. To be honest he is probably our best PKer if he gets the opportunity.

I really like Larkin on the PK. He is always a threat with the puck on his stick and his speed. Maybe will finally get a Shorthanded goal. Det and Arizona are the only 2 teams without s.h. Goal. Are current PKers typically just ice the puck and don't keep possession long.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Jurco on the ice is a disgrace. Pulks will bring nothing to a 4th line. Glenda is properly placed.
I predict we get smoked this game and give up 2 power play goals. Or we win in flukey manner.

Good job covering your bases, now no matter what happens you can say you were right!

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Playing with Glendening and Andersson will definitely help prove that. :laugh:

What has Helm done to show he belongs where he is? Pulkkinen isn't going to get many scoring chances playing with Glendening.

How about Helm does?

Pulkinnen's most common linemates this season were Sheahan, Larkin, Datsyuk, and Richards. He wasn't playing with garbage. He's only been gone a short time, have you guys already forgotten how "useful" he was?

I'm sure this is the place where you'll tell me his possession stats and goals. And here's where I'll tell you I don't buy them at all. I thought he should have been the odd man out when we were healthy. Despite his numbers he looked useless 95% of the time he was on the ice. He doesn't win battles, he doesn't hold on the puck with any patience, his underrated vision couldn't complete a pass, and his Hull-like shot hit the end boards more than it was actually a threat.

Datsyuk is slow and can't forecheck, win puck battles, or create separation like he could in the past. Thus he needs speed and someone on his line who provides those elements. Helm's hands have remarkably gotten worse so far this season, but he still provides speed and a guy who can force turnovers. Helm might not be the answer, but Pulkinnen's an even worse option imo.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
What has Helm done to show he belongs where he is? Pulkkinen isn't going to get many scoring chances playing with Glendening.
Pulkkinen's been out a long time, let him at least get his legs back before putting him in the top 6.

And, Datsyuk needs someone to do dirty work for him. Sadly he can't handle too much battling in the corners, and he has no speed anymore so Helm fits very well next to him.

Hopefully Pulkkinen has been paying attention from up in the pressbox, he could really help us if he gets it going.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Perfect example how we are managing future caphits.

So you play Darren Helm, a UFA at the end of the season, with Pavel Datsyuk?

Meanwhile Pulk is still a RFA and will end up having a total of 80 career NHL games by the end of the season. Pulk having a good season would have a negligible impact on his next contract.

That looks like bad "future" cap management.

Last edited:

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010
Pulks is on the 4th line to get his legs back, he has been sidelined for a month and a half. He can't play top 6 plus PP, they are want him in a spot where he can play pp and not be dogged from trying to jump back into the lineup and high minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad