Player Discussion Phillip Danault

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
How do you ignora it for Armia and declare hes not a top 6 winger? The same way.
Armia SHOULD indeed be considered a second line winger if he could keep up the pace for a whole season. But he is far ahead of last year's pace in his case, so reserving judgment is appropriate.

Danault is doing a bit better than last year, but not enormously so. There is enough body of work to say he is a top-6 center, IMO.

Lehkonen is technically borderline 2W at 55th, and he was worse the past two years, so I'm not at all ready to call him a top-6 player. He is 11 points behind Danault!

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Armia SHOULD indeed be considered a second line winger if he could keep up the pace for a whole season. But he is far ahead of last year's pace in his case, so reserving judgment is appropriate.

Danault is doing a bit better than last year, but not enormously so. There is enough body of work to say he is a top-6 center, IMO.

Lehkonen is technically borderline 2W at 55th, and he was worse the past two years, so I'm not at all ready to call him a top-6 player. He is 11 points behind Danault!
If stats weigh in so heavily on your opinion of players, Domi must be a 1C?

Galchenyuk was also a first line center, right?

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
If you switch Danault and Bergeron around...

this happens....

Gallagher and Tatar score MORE goals

Marchand and Pasta score LESS goals

this tells us all we need to know about that comparison.
Agreed. Bergeron is better than Danault in 2019. But that does not mean prove Danault is not a top-6 worthy center. This is because Patrice Bergeron is probably in the top 10.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
If stats weigh in so heavily on your opinion of players, Domi must be a 1C?

Galchenyuk was also a first line center, right?
Domi was 28th last year in points, and he was Montreal's best offensive center. This year, he is definitely playing like a 2nd line center. But I do think he has the potential to be a #1C.

Galchenyuk had one season at 56 points but only 41st in ppg and about 30th overall. Based on that being his best season, no he was not a #1 center, plus he was a-8 that season, and -54 for his career so far. No way I would trust him with the minutes and assignments Danault gets.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Actually @BaseballCoach ill claim Bergerons point totals are skewed by his wingers. Its pretty clear now that cant keep up offensively with his two wingers. That line is very similar to the Habs line, in fact, just on really potent steroids.
Of course Beregron's point totals are positively affected by his wingers. But he is still a top-10, maybe top-5C in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad