Player Discussion Phillip Danault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
i don't call that a comparison at all, but an enumeration of the players who shared the same kind of numbers . It isn't a personal evaluation of their style-value-skills , but an official statistic that i have reported . As someone mentioned , Bergeron missed 8 games because he was and still is injured
Either you're numerating for comparison purposes or you have no point at all. Why would you list all those players, sarcastically call them 3rd liners if it wasn't a jab at everyone saying Danault isn't a first line center? Cut the crap, you made a stupid comparison.

Relax Edgy
I am relaxed, I just hate blatant homerism.

That said , if you want to compare both Danault and Bergeron , you can read this article that do it ; Could the Canadiens have their own Patrice Bergeron in Phillip Danault?

The biggest difference between the 2, is that Danault has started to play younger and is a better scorer . But their numbers after xxx games are not that far .
edited ; put Danault instead of Bergevin in the last sentence
Ugh...the whole time the article writer says Bergeron is better but if Danault could improve to Bergeron's level he could be our Bergeron. Well no shit sherlock!
EoIyPwB.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Eller received such love when he scored the 7th goal of the first game Wash-Boston last year. He did his hand clap in front of the whole Boston bench to have a good laught at them, such a non-class act, like if all the Capitals success was his own. Brad Marchand who is one feet smaller invited him for a danse and Eller was ko not so long after. The whole Boston team was happy and I guess half the Caps bench were happy too.
truth, the ONLY reason you think it's a non class act is because Eller is a ex-Hab.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Either you're numerating for comparison purposes or you have no point at all. Why would you list all those players, sarcastically call them 3rd liners if it wasn't a jab at everyone saying Danault isn't a first line center? Cut the crap, you made a stupid comparison.
No . To everyone saying he's "only a 3rd liner " .
And once again , i put a list of 6 players that have similar points .I don't know why you just focus on Bergeron and that fantasy idea of a comparison. It wasn't an opinion, it was an actual fact that was written on the NHL site . Nowhere in my 10 000 posts i ever said Danault was better or as good as Bergeron . Never. So take a deep breath and give up with your stupid assumption

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
No . To everyone saying he's "only a 3rd liner " .
And once again , i put a list of 6 players that have similar points .I don't know why you just focus on Bergeron and that fantasy idea of a comparison. It wasn't an opinion, it was an actual fact that was written on the NHL site . Nowhere in my 10 000 posts i ever said Danault was better or as good as Bergeron . Never. So take a deep breath and give up with your stupid assumption
Keep playing semantics, like it's not obvious.

I don't think Danault is as good as Bergeron, but here's an article comparing the two specifically saying Danault could be our Bergeron.

I wasn't comparing Danault to Bergeron but I'll mention him and his point production along with Bergeron's. Just for shits and giggles, not comparing them, I swear, I'm just numerating.

You listed players and stats with no context because if you dig deeper your homerism will get exposed. I focus on Bergeron because he's on a whole other level than all the players you listed currently but all of them are on a different level than Danault.

Have the integrity to say what you mean directly and defend it instead of weak troll posts.

When all else fails, play the French card for sympathy likes and to shift the argument away from your weak argument. Oh wait, you already did that.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
truth, the ONLY reason you think it's a non class act is because Eller is a ex-Hab.
I felt ashamed that I once cheered for that guy and look how he was acting now. Something you can't do in any sport. He received his due, delivered by worst b*stard you can find in Marchand. Loved Marchand for that one.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I felt ashamed that I once cheered for that guy and look how he was acting now. Something you can't do in any sport. He received his due, delivered by worst b*stard you can find in Marchand. Loved Marchand for that one.
obviously, you would not feel ashamed if he was still a Hab. Just like you think it's all good if Domi mocks Refferees, the only reason you find it hilarious is because he's a Hab.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
He had easily one of his best games ive ever seen him play last night.

Danault is not a problem, we are simply just too god damn small all over the the 12 forwards

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
obviously, you would not feel ashamed if he was still a Hab. Just like you think it's all good if Domi mocks Refferees, the only reason you find it hilarious is because he's a Hab.
Mocks at referee and mocks at Bruins in a 7-0 game are two different things with two different conclusions. I don't find it hilarious since referee are hard with Domi. He is identified by referees, refs are hard with the Habs this year. Referees are used with Gallagher but they are not ready to cool down with Domi so far.

Mocking at autority is something noble, like Robin Hood with the Nothingham sheriff, The Dukes of Hazard with Boss Hog, when a hero feels he is treated unfairly, he rebels or he mocks autority. But what did Eller was pure stupidity, a grown up man doesn't do that.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Mocks at referee and mocks at Bruins in a 7-0 game are two different things with two different conclusions. I don't find it hilarious since referee are hard with Domi. He is identified by referees, refs are hard with the Habs this year. Referees are used with Gallagher but they are not ready to cool down with Domi so far.

Mocking at autority is something noble, like Robin Hood with the Nothingham sheriff, The Dukes of Hazard with Boss Hog, when a hero feels he is treated unfairly, he rebels or he mocks autority. But what did Eller was pure stupidity, a grown up man doesn't do that.
predictable.

Reactions: Tighthead

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
And Danault is one of our rare forward with size. We lack size terribly and many posters bash Danault for no reason.

Because here if you’re not a PPG superstar you ain’t nothing. The Danault, Lehkonen, Armia and Chiarot of this world doesn’t get enough credit for their work.

We can’t ice 4 lines of superstars. It’s not because you’re not putting up 30G or 75 points that you are irrelevant and not useful.
Danault went from a good 3rd line Center to a high end 2C and he’s only 26 and barely entering his prime.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
He's on pace for almost 20 goals and 63 points...At what point can we stop calling him a 3rd line centre? I know, I know...on a "Stanley Cup" team, he'd be a 3rd line centre...Still, those are 2nd line stats...He's 23rd in points in the NHL for centres.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
He's on pace for almost 20 goals and 63 points...At what point can we stop calling him a 3rd line centre? I know, I know...on a "Stanley Cup" team, he'd be a 3rd line centre...Still, those are 2nd line stats...He's 23rd in points in the NHL for centres.
That should rank him 2nd center on a Stanley Cup team technicly.
The 3rd line center bandwagon should stop.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007

Truth is,and many people wont like this. Danault is playing like a 1st line center. Has the stats to back it too. He isnt an ELITE 1st line center,not a superstar...but he has the production of a lower end 1C. Ideally, he is your 2C, playing behind a superstar 1C.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Because here if you’re not a PPG superstar you ain’t nothing. The Danault, Lehkonen, Armia and Chiarot of this world doesn’t get enough credit for their work.

We can’t ice 4 lines of superstars. It’s not because you’re not putting up 30G or 75 points that you are irrelevant and not useful.
Danault went from a good 3rd line Center to a high end 2C and he’s only 26 and barely entering his prime.
I agree.

The fact that Danault is clearly improving year to year is why it amazes me this theme still exists for debate on HFBoards. When he got 40 points the first time, it was possible to say it was a fluke, career year (despite his 1st round pedigree). Then the next year he was better until the puck to the face and he was not as productive after his return, still finishing with almost 0.5 ppg again. But last year he took a clear step forward and has done even better this year.

I mean he's 23rd for points among Cs, and we no longer have to say "5 on 5" because he is ACTUALLY 23rd all points considered.

His linemates are good but not amazing, his ice time is above average but not crazy high. The guy is producing at at least a 2nd line level, in any language, while doing lots of other things right and getting tougher than average assignments. Let's stop denigrating our own player and appreciate him.

It's not Phil's fault we are still not a playoff team. Maybe if Max were playing to last year's level and Price were playing at just .920 (not asking for .930), we'd probably be 2nd in the division. It's even ok to wish we had TWO Cs capable of more points than him, but it's just not ok to mock him and belittle anything he does accomplish.

Last edited:

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Keep playing semantics, like it's not obvious.

I don't think Danault is as good as Bergeron, but here's an article comparing the two specifically saying Danault could be our Bergeron.

I wasn't comparing Danault to Bergeron but I'll mention him and his point production along with Bergeron's. Just for ****s and giggles, not comparing them, I swear, I'm just numerating.

You listed players and stats with no context because if you dig deeper your homerism will get exposed. I focus on Bergeron because he's on a whole other level than all the players you listed currently but all of them are on a different level than Danault.

Have the integrity to say what you mean directly and defend it instead of weak troll posts.

When all else fails, play the French card for sympathy likes and to shift the argument away from your weak argument. Oh wait, you already did that.
Your little story as been written and nothing will change your perception/assumption .
Bravo ! you know what i have in my mind better than i . It was very interesting to discuss with you and to learn from you what i am thinking . :blah::blah::blah:

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
I agree.

The fact that Danault is clearly improving year to year is why it amazes me this theme still exists for debate on HFBoards. When he got 40 points the first time, it was possible to say it was a fluke, career year (despite his 1st round pedigree). Then the next year he was better until the puck to the face and he was not as productive after his return, still finishing with almost 0.5 ppg again. But last year he took a clear step forward and has done even better this year.

I mean he's 23rd for points among Cs, and we no longer have to say "5 on 5" because he is ACTUALLY 23rd all points considered.

His linemates are good but not amazing, his ice time is above average but not crazy high. The guy is producing at at least a 2nd line level, in any language, while doing lots of other things right and getting tougher than average assignments. Let's stop denigrating our own player and appreciate him.

It's not Phil's fault we are still not a playoff team. Maybe if Max were playing to last year's level and Price were playing at just .920 (not asking for .930), we'd probably be 2nd in the division. It's even ok to wish we had TWO Cs capable of more points than him, but it's just not ok to mock him and belittle anything he does accomplish.
that's a very clear way to explain the facts . Good read !

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008

So he gets 60 points (projected) with top line minutes and our best wingers and that somehow equates to a top 6 C on a Stanley Cup contender...If you say so.:help:

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
I don't get the hate for him either. Not his fault if nobody can't surpass him at center. The guy does everything the coach want and extremely productive at even strength. He's very under appreciate for that by his own fanbase.

Now do I think that he's a 1st center? Absolutely not. He's a good middle 6 center and let's be honest, he will never be a 3rd center for us because we just suck at drafting and developing centers. Danault would be the ideal third center if we have like Crosby and Malkin, Bergeron-Krejci, Backstrom-Kuznetsov etc ahead of him but we will never get those kind of centers.

Of course a team that has a 50-60pts 1st center.. or even 2nd center, is a shitty team so I totally understand why people qualifies Danault a 3rd center. I rather have Danault play on the third line and get around 35-40 pts than on the top 2 line and get 50-60 pts. If you understand hockey, you'd know why.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
So he gets 60 points (projected) with top line minutes and our best wingers and that somehow equates to a top 6 C on a Stanley Cup contender...If you say so.:help:

I don't think his ice time or forward mates are an issue.

Danault is 60th among forwards in total ice time, 78th at 18:12 minutes per game, and you know he gets lots of PK minutes and few PP minutes.

Despite his not excessive ice time, he is a straight 48th in points, without excluding PP. He actually outproduces his ice time without a lot of PP minutes.

So this makes him clearly a top-6 player (there are 90 first liners alone). And he has top-6 linemates who get around the same points as he does so they are not carrying him.

REALLY don't see the problem.

Unless ... there is resentment over the photo from 2016 where a coach once carried his bag.

Again, if we are wishing for Domi to replicate last year and Kotkaniemi to progress to top-6 status, I am all for that - but none of this is Danault's issue or fault. He didn't hold back Domi last year, and he is not blocking KK from producing more on the PP.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I don't get the hate for him either. Not his fault if nobody can't surpass him at center. The guy does everything the coach want and extremely productive at even strength. He's very under appreciate for that by his own fanbase.

Now do I think that he's a 1st center? Absolutely not. He's a good middle 6 center and let's be honest, he will never be a 3rd center for us because we just suck at drafting and developing centers. Danault would be the ideal third center if we have like Crosby and Malkin, Bergeron-Krejci, Backstrom-Kuznetsov etc ahead of him but we will never get those kind of centers.

Of course a team that has a 50-60pts 1st center.. or even 2nd center, is a ****ty team so I totally understand why people qualifies Danault a 3rd center. I rather have Danault play on the third line and get around 35-40 pts than on the top 2 line and get 50-60 pts. If you understand hockey, you'd know why.

There shouldn't be hate, he does his job properly and is producing well with his linemates. The only issue is when people stretch the positive to project him turning into O'Reilly or Bergeron. I simply don't believe he has that ceiling , you saw it clearly with the latter players they were dominant/important players on team Canada and by junior pedigree.

One should not conflate calling Danault a strong 2nd/3rd line C on a good team (as opposed to a surefire top 6 C on a contender) with saying he's bad or shouldn't be on this team. He can be an excellent part of this team while also eventually reverting to a 2nd/3rd line role as we develop KK/Suzuki and company.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I don't think his ice time or forward mates are an issue.

Danault is 60th among forwards in total ice time, 78th at 18:12 minutes per game, and you know he gets lots of PK minutes and few PP minutes.

Despite his not excessive ice time, he is a straight 48th in points, without excluding PP. He actually outproduces his ice time without a lot of PP minutes.

So this makes him clearly a top-6 player (there are 90 first liners alone). And he has top-6 linemates who get around the same points as he does so they are not carrying him.

REALLY don't see the problem.

Unless ... there is resentment over the photo from 2016 where a coach once carried his bag.

Again, if we are wishing for Domi to replicate last year and Kotkaniemi to progress to top-6 status, I am all for that - but none of this is Danault's issue or fault. He didn't hold back Domi last year, and he is not blocking KK from producing more on the PP.

Where did I say he wasn't a top 6 C on an average or even median team?

I simply don't equate him to being on the level of Bergeron, O'Reilly or the handful of other elite two-way forwards he's often grouped up with...

No he would not play over the likes of Crosby/Malkin , Mackinnon/O'Reilly , Backstrom/Kuznetsov, McDavid/Draisatl, Bergeron/Krejci or even Giroux(*Frost)/Couturier. (There are more examples)

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgy

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Where did I say he wasn't a top 6 C on an average or even median team?

I simply don't equate him to being on the level of Bergeron, O'Reilly or the handful of other elite two-way forwards he's often grouped up with...

No he would not play over the likes of Crosby/Malkin , Mackinnon/O'Reilly , Backstrom/Kuznetsov, McDavid/Draisatl, Bergeron/Krejci or even Giroux(*Frost)/Couturier. (There are more examples)

I don't know of posters having Danault on po ar with Bergeron and O'Reilly when it CV omes to the total package of offense and defense. I've heard some argue he should be up for the Selke, and thus can compete with them defensively.

He may have a good offensive game, but he needs to put up better numbers, but he needs to put up better offensive numbers to get into the conversation with those two offensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->