Value of: Phillip Danault to Winnipeg

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Just grab Henrique... ducks don’t need him as we’re going to be rebuilding years

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I’d trade the Avs first rounder for Danault. But I suspect the Habs could get a better pick from someone else. Even as a pending UFA Next summer, he’s pretty valuable. I enjoy bashing Drouin but Danault, Petry, Gallagher and Tatar. Habs have some good trade chips in those four as rentals. Habs could easily justify resigning all four. Won’t be cheap. All four would have several suitors in UFA.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Jets probably aren't interest unless they negotiate a new contract with him before hand. However, in that scenario, I don't see the Jets offering up what the Habs would want for him.

We got a winner! And I would imagine Danault refuses to negotiate with the Jets cause he wants to stay

kcin94

Jul 17, 2011
Picks conditional on re-signing are not allowed under the new CBA extension.

Beyond that. A 4th for a year of Danault as a rental is a ridiculous underpayment

Of course it is and I'm sure he can get more. However, not for the Jets. The Jets have given up too much recently for a 2C to give up a 1st for a rental under the hope that they can re-sign him long term.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Didn't he grow up a die hard Habs fan? I thought I had heard that on a podcast (Hockey Central at noon maybe?) that it's been a dream of his to play there and loves it there. I don't see why the Habs wouldn't re-sign him?

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Didn't he grow up a die hard Habs fan? I thought I had heard that on a podcast (Hockey Central at noon maybe?) that it's been a dream of his to play there and loves it there. I don't see why the Habs wouldn't re-sign him?
We should he's a really underrated 2c but if kk and Suzuki both pan out he will be stuck on the third line making 2c money which we can't afford. This of course depends on our two young centers though.

Troy

Nov 28, 2017
I don’t think Winnipeg has the necessary assets to acquire Danault unless they want to move Morrissey.

Habs doesn’t need more winger and if a top 5 Selke finalist Center is moved it should be for a top 3 D.
Thats a joke. Morrisey is a top 3 dman. Danualt does not get you that Morrissey is about 4 yrs younger and has term left. Danault has1 yr left after the playoffs soon to be ufa

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Danault is 27 and amongst has been in the Selke conversation for the past few years while putting up 50+ points. He won't be cheap.

His contract ending in a year is a complete non-factor as you could negotiate with him beforehand like Vegas did with Stone and Pacioretty.

Mavrik112

Aug 7, 2020
Thats a joke. Morrisey is a top 3 dman. Danualt does not get you that Morrissey is about 4 yrs younger and has term left. Danault has1 yr left after the playoffs soon to be ufa

Morrissey is 2 years younger and you would have the right to negotiate a contract with Danault before the deal is finalized.

I’m not saying this is a smart move for Winnipeg. I’m just saying this is the asking price as nothing else make sense for Montreal.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Of course it is and I'm sure he can get more. However, not for the Jets. The Jets have given up too much recently for a 2C to give up a 1st for a rental under the hope that they can re-sign him long term.
What the jets have given up in other trades is immaterial to what his value would be. If they want a legit top 2 C who has been in the Selke conversation for a couple years now it’ll cost substantially more than a 4th. Even as a 1 year rental

kcin94

Jul 17, 2011
What the jets have given up in other trades is immaterial to what his value would be. If they want a legit top 2 C who has been in the Selke conversation for a couple years now it’ll cost substantially more than a 4th. Even as a 1 year rental

That's what I said. Hence the Jets shouldn't be interested

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Just curious to what the offer would be. Jets been lacking a #2 center for the last few seasons. What would the price be? Do you think Danault can fill that 2nd line center role?
Not trading Danault. They going to want him for nothing on here. Not even maybe. Wasting your time

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Just curious to what the offer would be. Jets been lacking a #2 center for the last few seasons. What would the price be? Do you think Danault can fill that 2nd line center role?
polarizing player in Mtl, but a theft of a deal from chicago. I think he's being groomed to play behind suzuki and kotkaniemi. Julien is in love with him, he's become a perennial selke consideration...Can't believe i'm saying this, but domi is 100% available

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Fine. Trade for a 4th rounder which becomes a 1st if he signs long term.

The Jets have given up two 1st round picks for rentals in the last few years to be a 2C. I surely hope they don't do it again without guarantees the player won't walk soon after. That would be 3 1st round picks for a 2C who isn't even a long term solution.
is this a joke? hope it is :(

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
he will be re-signed probably at 5.5 mill for 5 years or something

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I’d trade the Avs first rounder for Danault. But I suspect the Habs could get a better pick from someone else. Even as a pending UFA Next summer, he’s pretty valuable. I enjoy bashing Drouin but Danault, Petry, Gallagher and Tatar. Habs have some good trade chips in those four as rentals. Habs could easily justify resigning all four. Won’t be cheap. All four would have several suitors in UFA.
Obviously a late 1st wouldn’t move the needle. Habs will re-sign him.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Why. Connor was terrible in the playoffs. Danault is a 3rd line centre but an elite one. Domi and Danault is an overpayment.
Yeah that's some real forward thinking there. Base your evalution of a player off of 4 games when half of the top 6 was missing.

The fact you have to ask why, shows your profound lack of hockey knowledge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad