Value of: Phillip Danault to Winnipeg

Troy

Nov 28, 2017
Just curious to what the offer would be. Jets been lacking a #2 center for the last few seasons. What would the price be? Do you think Danault can fill that 2nd line center role?

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Doubt Bergevin entertains the idea of trading Danault at this point. But the cost would start with a 1st rounder.

Troy

Nov 28, 2017
His contract status would make him nothing but a rental to the Jets so I doubt he would even be considered. No need or desire for a short term bandaid.
Who do you think be a good lomg term solution?

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
His contract status would make him nothing but a rental to the Jets so I doubt he would even be considered. No need or desire for a short term bandaid.
Well you could still negotiate this off season with him for a new deal. It’s not like if dealt to the Jets you don’t get to negotiate.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Ummm Danault is 27 he fits in with the Jets age group. How young are you talking about going. The Jets still will want to compete with an NHL ready center. Plus the price to acquire such younger “center” is going to be a lot more expensive as most teams value their centers especially 18-25.

Reactions: Troy

Troy

Nov 28, 2017
Which means absolutely nothing, he can easily walk for free and he becomes just one more rental bandaid. Pass, much preferably look at long term younger solutions.
I like Anthony Cirelli, Whats your value for him. Do you offer sheet or trade for him

Reactions: BatVader

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Just curious to what the offer would be. Jets been lacking a #2 center for the last few seasons. What would the price be? Do you think Danault can fill that 2nd line center role?
Connor that would be the price

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I like Anthony Cirelli, Whats your value for him. Do you offer sheet or trade for him

He would be idea, young, two way centre , still with upside with team control and potentially could be had for a OS.

Reactions: BatVader

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Not sure if the Hawks would trade him within the division but Strome is probably a better option and available.

Strome is another option who is/was reported available and Chevy has history with the Hawks.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
What would Jets have to give up?

2C options have discussed in depth on the Jets forum, including Cirelli OS (return would depend on the OS offer). Let’s see what the Jets do this summer, which could be very interesting if they win 1st OA......then that would open up many options both trade wise & draft wise.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Jets probably aren't interest unless they negotiate a new contract with him before hand. However, in that scenario, I don't see the Jets offering up what the Habs would want for him.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Troy

Nov 28, 2017
2C options have discussed in depth on the Jets forum, including Cirelli OS (return would depend on the OS offer). Let’s see what the Jets do this summer, which could be very interesting if they win 1st OA......then that would open up many options both trade wise & draft wise.
If they won 1OA. I would put Wheeler at 2C amd Lefrenier with Sheifiele and Laine

kcin94

Jul 17, 2011
Well you could still negotiate this off season with him for a new deal. It’s not like if dealt to the Jets you don’t get to negotiate.

Fine. Trade for a 4th rounder which becomes a 1st if he signs long term.

The Jets have given up two 1st round picks for rentals in the last few years to be a 2C. I surely hope they don't do it again without guarantees the player won't walk soon after. That would be 3 1st round picks for a 2C who isn't even a long term solution.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
If they won 1OA. I would put Wheeler at 2C amd Lefrenier with Sheifiele and Laine

Im not sure that would work out, Wheeler is a vet and a winger.....unless Wheeler basically volunteers to do it long term....I don’t see a team forcing any vet to play out of position long term

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Fine. Trade for a 4th rounder which becomes a 1st if he signs long term.

The Jets have given up two 1st round picks for rentals in the last few years to be a 2C. I surely hope they don't do it again without guarantees the player won't walk soon after. That would be 3 1st round picks for a 2C who isn't even a long term solution.
Picks conditional on re-signing are not allowed under the new CBA extension.

Beyond that. A 4th for a year of Danault as a rental is a ridiculous underpayment

Reactions: Blueston

Mavrik112

Aug 7, 2020
I don’t think Winnipeg has the necessary assets to acquire Danault unless they want to move Morrissey.

Habs doesn’t need more winger and if a top 5 Selke finalist Center is moved it should be for a top 3 D.

Reactions: Hockey Stick

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
He's great and all, but he's priced himself way out of what I would feel comfortable paying for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad