Player Discussion Phillip Danault - The Centermania Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
I still can't believe that Julien took Danault off the top line.

Julien had the last changes in the last two games... Ad he put Danault against their top two centermen with steady Lehkonen and fast Byron. KK did not have to face either of them which is why he thrives. Suzuki was not really able to re-start Tatar or Gally.

Reactions: Math the wild rose

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Julien had the last changes in the last two games... Ad he put Danault against their top two centermen with steady Lehkonen and fast Byron. KK did not have to face either of them which is why he thrives. Suzuki was not really able to re-start Tatar or Gally.
He should leave things as is.

Reactions: Gravity

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Its not about the player but the mediocrity accepted here. A lot of player can and will play over their head, Danault is a low-maintenance player and a good passenger, he was 100% going to have "success" there... But wtf is success when its #31 in the league.

And like I said, I get it. The quality control of certain posters thinking Danault's the next Bergeron and what not. I totally understand.

But now that we don't necessarily have to do that, we should probably take a more well rounded view of him. The faceoff stats, the ES production, the general defensive success he regularly enjoyed while having the toughest match ups. He was an absolute work horse.

And lol again this framing! Gally MIGHT be an all star with a full year playing with a Suzuki or a KK but otherwise it's not like Danault was gifted hall of famer talent there. I know you're super high on Gally and so am I but he's not Marchand.

If we can't agree that Danault did especially well at a role that he should never have had then we probably don't need to discuss it further. And as much as you keep saying it's not about the 'player' you keep proving my point while still selling him short even now when you don't really have to anymore.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head

Suzuki was not able to restart Tatar and Gally, but he only had 1 game and half with them, patience. The line was not better when Danbault was on it. Also Phillip looked better on the 3rd, so let him there.

It will be hard for kids to face Stamkos or Point, or Kokeckny or Couturier... We will see Danault against these guys.

No matter how you try to "protect" Suzuki, he will face one of Point/Stamkos/Giroux/Couturier, especially with the home ice advantage... It will be easier for Suzuki to play with Tatar and Gally, than with Drouin and Armia.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
And like I said, I get it. The quality control of certain posters thinking Danault's the next Bergeron and what not. I totally understand.

But now that we don't necessarily have to do that, we should probably take a more well rounded view of him. The faceoff stats, the ES production, the general defensive success he regularly enjoyed while having the toughest match ups. He was an absolute work horse.

And lol again this framing! Gally MIGHT be an all star with a full year playing with a Suzuki or a KK but otherwise it's not like Danault was gifted hall of famer talent there. I know you're super high on Gally and so am I but he's not Marchand.

If we can't agree that Danault did especially well at a role that he should never have had then we probably don't need to discuss it further. And as much as you keep saying it's not about the 'player' you keep proving my point while still selling him short even now when you don't really have to anymore.

He didnt do well though, thats the thing. Imagine if Evans was put in the first line and he got 20 points, would we say he did well? Thats some mental ass gymnastics brother.

Also, Gally is on the same level of play driving as Marchand, its just his offense that is lagging behind, hence the lesser production of that line overall and why this line has through the roof analytics.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2020-8-8_14-14-2.png

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
He didnt do well though, thats the thing. Imagine if Evans was put in the first line and he got 20 points, would we say he did well? Thats some mental ass gymnastics brother.

Also, Gally is on the same level of play driving as Marchand, its just his offense that is lagging behind, hence the lesser production of that line overall and why this line has through the roof analytics.

For a 3rd line C, he absolutely did well there. I don't even know what to make of the Evans example lol. If you think you can throw any 3rd line C in that same position that they would have done just as well in faceoffs, ES production, defensively then we're just not going to agree. Most of them would have been so badly over matched. I doubt any of them would have been such overwhelming plus players on such a miserable team too as unwieldy as +/- can be

Gally doesn't have anywhere near the puck skills that Marchand has. Gally can surprise with a pass here and there but otherwise his playmaking is non-existent. And that's what makes Danault's ES production pretty impressive considering he had no business being there.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I always thought Danault was an excellent skater with smart hockey sense , he just doesn't have the same gear for his offensive skill and that's fine. The comparisons to Bergeron at one point were too much for me , Bergeron even early in his career was very good offensively while coming together on the defensive side (but he was never weak in this category just went from very good to elite).

That being said Danault should be on this team for a significant time just as long as he doesn't impede on the development of Suzuki/KK (due to coach preference).

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018
somewhere
www.facebook.com
I would promote Domi to the top-six, and drop Armia on the 4th.
i dont like armia that much, But he kinda have this utility on this line that he can make some room for his teamates to make plays. puck skills élite level, always come up in the offensive zone with great boards battle in thigh spaces.
Back draw, he is kinda slow he dont produce much of high danger shots in the slut. I want to see more of him.

Oct 26, 2018
somewhere
www.facebook.com
Thing you need to remember with danault is that he can comeback with gally and tatar if the oposing team, the flyers are good in preasure against the defense, if the youngster like KK have a hard time againts them. I think we'll see some more change if Phillie is taking advantages of some of the habs weakness. Untill this series and well coached team, the habs were really bad defensively and the slut was an open party for the adversaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad