Player Discussion Phillip Danault - Damn-oh ! Edition

During this 2018/2019 season where should be playing Phillip Danault?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
"eye-test" "carried by his team mates"

wow. lol. wow.

Just because you "watch a lot of hockey" doesnt mean you have a good eye for it

All you have apparently is kotkaniemi tunnel vision. As if Danault was the one hurting his development OR the team for that matter.
he doesn't look a lot of hockey . He does look a lot of goals stats sheets

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I literally just mentionned 55 players that universally rank ahead of Danault, you chose to ignore that.

See again..."Universally" ...? ..no.. "Statistical Offense" , yes, sure , but you just cant seem to get past the offense, which again, isnt that bad

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I won't waste a lot of time with this. True, you almost never make predictions or commit to anything really. I recall you rebutting optimistic posters with the observation that our players were playing over their heads. You did not PREDICT coming back to earth, which would open you up to possible rebuttal or argument, but as usual committed to nothing, while criticizing the optimistic posters and giving all the pessimistic ones a free pass.

But if my recollection is wrong, and you want to state here that you thought the team would continue to play at .540 or above, just say so. I won't argue further.
aint that convenient...

you state something, you are 100% wrong on it but then it's on ME for not committing or something ??

reality is that in this very post, you make another claim, are 100% wrong on it, AGAIN (the bolded) but it will somehow be my fault again... right ?

that was your best Trump impersonnation, wich is becoming a thing now in these boards :
- make up something
- when challenged about it, blame the other person for you being 100% wrong

bravo! :clap: :clap:

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
He plays 2nd line minutes by NHL standards, and that is only because we count his PK time.

And yes I know Gallagher scores goals. But he is not flashy. Some people want flash.
I know you hate "flash", but people who pay hundreds for a game would like the team to put on some kind of show.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
That pass he made last night was awesome. The more he plays, the better he gets. Closing in on 50 points

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'm guessing post-2011 Joe Thornton, Ryan Johansen (hasn't scored more than 15 since 2014-2015) and Daniel Sedin are pathetic players too?

A guy like Nick Backstrom has 4 more goals than Danault this year.

I get that you don't like Danault and that the players I named are better than him but no, not scoring 20 goals every year in the NHL does not make you pathetic.

Yeah you just named mainly playmakers that notch more assists than Danault has points...

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
If only goals count then Ryan Johansen is a pathetic 3/4th liner. Danault is on pace for Johansen's season of last year, a few assists behind Johansen this year. If Danault were on the PP instead of killing penalties, he might be ahead of Johansen. He is ahead at ES by 5 points.
Hes a 2nd line center.

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
Yeah you just named mainly playmakers that notch more assists than Danault has points...
Danault has 34 assists to his 11 goals... So he's not a playmaker now?

Sounds like you are being very selective. What about all his 5v5 points? Johansen has 14 powerplay points to Danault's 1... Which equals to superior 5v5 production from Danault. But I guess this is pointless since you decided he's a 3C?

Reactions: dralaf

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Danault has 34 assists to his 11 goals... So he's not a playmaker now?

Sounds like you are being very selective. What about all his 5v5 points? Johansen has 14 powerplay points to Danault's 1... Which equals to superior 5v5 production from Danault. But I guess this is pointless since you decided he's a 3C?
I also decided Ryjo is a 2C thats is mostly a slacker.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
I also decided Ryjo is a 2C thats is mostly a slacker.

And a very expensive one, hard to believe any GM would be stupid enough to give him an 8x8 contract let alone trading a stud 1D for him.....GM like that would be crucified on HF Habs

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Well that means Petry is a top pairing D man cause he is 16th in points. Told you man... you have points production tunnel vision and ignore all other things along the way that makes a NHL player valuable.

All you are saying is he is not an offensive center or has goal scoring ability and we all get that. That does not mean he is not a #2C. Points are important but so are the things that Danault does on the ice that don't show up on the score sheet.

He does not play on the PP and gets matched up against all those 55 centers that you think are better than him all season long. What does this result in? His best season yet at the age of 26. He is producing both in points and in defensive results. His +20 is the best on the Habs roster. Think about this. He is on pace for 55 pts and 14 goals with no PP time and being used in a shutdown role. He is producing at both ends of the ice. What more do you want for a middle 2C?

You are being way to critical on him man.
Don't you think a second line center should ideally be able play on the power play? You do understand that this hurts the team yes?

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Forget him, he's the only one arguing this non sense about Danault.
So the majority is always correct. I see. Good argument. I agree with him. Danualt does not score enough goals to be called a legit no 2 C. Period. And he's not good enough offensively for the PP. Which hurts the team and PP.

And it's pretty sad that so many fans of habs seem to have absolutely no clue that lack of goals scoring from centres has been the team's biggest problem for 25 years.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
So the majority is always correct. I see. Good argument. I agree with him. Danualt does not score enough goals to be called a legit no 2 C. Period. And he's not good enough offensively for the PP. Which hurts the team and PP.

And it's pretty sad that so many fans of habs seem to have absolutely no clue that lack of goals scoring from centres has been the team's biggest problem for 25 years.

And Danault IS our 2nd line C tho. Period. What you think on the matter is moot, since julien apparently thinks he is.

What IS sad is you think hab fans are of lesser knowledge than you are. Please, The fanbase knows exactly whats been wrong the last 25 years. The fans arent in charge of management and its decisions over the years.. You have a problem with the team call their complaints desk, leave the fans out of it

What exactly do you want? to replace danaults 11 goals with kotkaniemi's 11 goals? i mean is this what will make you danault haters happy?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Don't you think a second line center should ideally be able play on the power play? You do understand that this hurts the team yes?

Ideally yes, you want your 2nd line center to be able to play on the PP. And ideally yes, if we want a cup contender, Danault should be #3C and we have two better centers above him. We just don't have it.

However, I still consider Danault a middle 2C quality. He's having a very good season for us.

Reactions: schnapshot

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
Ideally yes, you want your 2nd line center to be able to play on the PP. And ideally yes, if we want a cup contender, Danault should be #3C and we have two better centers above him. We just don't have it.

However, I still consider Danault a middle 2C quality. He's having a very good season for us.
Danault could win the Selke and people on HFBoards would still try to tell you he sucks.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I'd like to see KK get more icetime and responsibility. He's earned it and it's backed up by the numbers.

58.3 CF% and 5.7 CF rel. Those are great numbers regardless of him being sheltered. They are absurd numbers for an 18 year old.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006

How do we know he's not good enough for the PP since he's never on it ? ... and please no BS about this is the reason why he's not on it... CJ already said why he was not on itand that ain't the reason.

He's top 50 in the league 5vs5 points, that's not 2c center production, that's no1c production.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007

He plays the 7th most PK minutes a game out of all the centres in the league, the only centres in the top 30 for scoring in the league who are in the top 30 for SH TOI are O'Reilly/Barkov who play 40 seconds less a game on the PK compared to Danault.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Winning the selke doesnt mean hes an adequate 2nd line center. Danaualt is good, hes just overplayed and hogging all the wing talent from offensive players.

How is he overplayed? He's 98th in the league about forwards for TOI.

He plays 16 more seconds at ES a game than Domi and 2:52 minutes at ES over 18 year old Kotkaniemi. Both Domi/Kotka play over 2 minutes a game on the PP with no PK time and Danault play 2:40 a game on the PK with no PP time.

Reactions: schnapshot

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
How is he overplayed? He's 98th in the league about forwards for TOI.

He plays 16 more seconds at ES a game than Domi and 2:52 minutes at ES over 18 year old Kotkaniemi. Both Domi/Kotka play over 2 minutes a game on the PP with no PK time and Danault play 2:40 a game on the PK with no PP time.
Hes used as a 1C when hes a 3C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad