Player Discussion Phillip Danault - Damn-oh ! Edition

During this 2018/2019 season where should be playing Phillip Danault?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Please for the love of god I can't wait till Eller and co. retire so we can stop f***ing talking about them.

Danault is having a very good season and yet we're still on that train f*** off already

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
He's really turning into something this kid. He's getting to be really good at faceoffs and he will only improve.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
I would keep Domi - Danault - Kotka - Poehling as the 4Cs. We have enough depth at wing that all of our centers can have relatively high quality wingers. To me this is a line up with a lot of depth, and allows you to roll four lines which will keep everyone very fresh.

Drouin - Domi - Armia

Gally - Danault - Tatar

Lehk - Kotka - Suzuki

Shaw - Poehling - Byron

Switch Armia into Lehkonen’s Spot, put Stone on the 1st line and add Fowler to D group for Lehkonen+ 1st this year and it look very nice!!:popcorn:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Danault is starting to come into his own...Montreal’s most complete forward and I would argue the MVP of this team other than Price.
18 points in the last 18 games and a +15 for the year.

He might cool off with the points, but he's a very good player, no doubt.

I don't know why he was constantly turning the puck over before his recent stretch. It was very uncharacteristic of him.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I was an Eller fan and thought he should've got a chance in the top 6 but I highly highly doubt he would've made good like Danault has. Danault's game is more simple but more effective.

Like I said in another thread, Danault playing in the top 6 has kind of jaded fans' perspectives of him. Had he been a 3rd liner this whole time I guarantee no one would question whether he's better than Eller.
Completely agree. Ive said for a while that he's an excellent 3 C on any team that can be moved up when need be and he could become a 2C.

I'll admit Therrien never put Eller in a position to succeed. Eller never had the IQ to be a force offensively imo.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Completely agree. Ive said for a while that he's an excellent 3 C on any team that can be moved up when need be and he could become a 2C.

I'll admit Therrien never put Eller in a position to succeed. Eller never had the IQ to be a force offensively imo.

Eller was rarely given good wingers to create any offense with in Montreal. Have you seen Eller in the last playoffs? A player with no offense doesn't do what he did in the playoffs last year. I like both Danault and Eller, and both have the same limitations offensively, and while Danault has been put in role Eller was never given in Montreal, and the former has produced better regular season results, the latter has done the same in the playoffs contrarily to the former.

Thing is, we would've been better off having both than just one of them considering our lack of depth at center in the last decade.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Plekanec was that for ten years and actually produced good offense, dont remember him ever being called "MVP".
He for the most part was surrounded by a much better supporting cast from what I recall.

Other than the goalie...who is your MVP?

The only other player that comes close is Domi, maybe Petry.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
He for the most part was surrounded by a much better supporting cast from what I recall.

Danault has been stapled to our two best wingers... Plekanec literally never had two wingers as good as Gally and Tatar in the past decade.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Danault has been stapled to our two best wingers... Plekanec literally never had two wingers as good as Gally and Tatar in the past decade.
So he's a total product who his wingers even if he has better 5on5 numbers ? Your hate for the guy makes you unable to judge him properly, just give it up...

Reactions: Hot Dog Water Shaw

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
So he's a total product who his wingers even if he has better 5on5 numbers ? Your hate for the guy makes you unable to judge him properly, just give it up...
Im literally the only person that actually looks at his play on the ice instead of relying on his dumb assists numbers. 30% secondary points and like another 10 points off faceoffs too... hes not an offensive player.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Plekanec was that for ten years and actually produced good offense, dont remember him ever being called "MVP".
He was considered for the Selke on a few occasions though. Not saying Danault is as good as prime pleky but he's a big positive for this team

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O

I'd say Weber is in the mix. I'd likely put all 3 over Danault. Not a knock on Danault but these 3 guys have been excellent.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Im literally the only person that actually looks at his play on the ice instead of relying on his dumb assists numbers. 30% secondary points and like another 10 points off faceoffs too... hes not an offensive player.
Yeah you are so much more knowledgeable than us all. I watch every game Einstein like most on this site. I see how good he is in all 3 zones. Maybe you should do more than watch...you might want to pay attention.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Yeah you are so much more knowledgeable than us all. I watch every game Einstein like most on this site. I see how good he is in all 3 zones. Maybe you should do more than watch...you might want to pay attention.
I dont know, sure looked more knowledgeable this summer, didnt I?

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007

Plekanec played with Gallagher multiple seasons and had Galchenyuk on his wing who had comparable stats on the wing as Tatar had in previous years.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

outside the Kovalev years not really no, bunch of 3rd and 4th liners as wingers... Staubitz, Darche, White, Prust, Moen, etc...

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

He was never called MVP because we had Price, Subban, Markov and other more marketable players.

But Plekanec has often been called a leader and a rock in the forward group. Maybe not those terms exactly but he did receive good praise for his two-way ability. MVP is a stretch though, just like it is for Danault.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad