Player Discussion Phillip Danault 1st line 3rd C Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
He should be playing with AL and JA,they could smother the opposition and still get some goals.

If he wants more than an Eller or a Tyler Johnson,sayanora!

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
I would offer him 2 years at 9.5M since the market will probably be the same, he has a raise and in two year BYBYE

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
This Pagnotta guy is really good at wording things like he knows what he’s talking about while actually offering no information.
He just said that the Gally negotiations with Vancouver have stalled, and that there are no negotiations going on between Danault and our organization with 1 year left on his contract. Sounds like fact based reporting. Speculation? Drama? Nope. Just the facts.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Whatever deal we give him, I hope he doesn't get an nmc.
Poehling will eventually replace him as the 3rd line center, so we will need to trade Danault at some point

Reactions: cphabs

Not The One

Feb 28, 2002
Montréal, Qc.
Really concerned about what will happen with Danault now. Maybe it's just me but I though MB's recent moves made Gally became a bit redundant.

On the other hand how would the Habs replace Danault? If Suzuki regresses and KK doesn't build on his play in the playoffs we're done without him.

Last edited:

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
You're next, son!

Un p'tit gars d'chez nous who is actually a great 2nd liner or the best 3rd liner, we can't let him walk.
Unless he wants to, of course.
Lived through the Roy trade... Letting Souray walk was 8/10ths as shocking. We could have gotten a boatload for him. Danault? We can’t trade him for an established offensive player due to the cap. BUT we certainly get a phenomenal prospect for him. Just thinking pretty sure we are way over the cap limit.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Lived through the Roy trade... Letting Souray walk was 8/10ths as shocking. We could have gotten a boatload for him. Danault? We can’t trade him for an established offensive player due to the cap. BUT we certainly get a phenomenal prospect for him. Just thinking pretty sure we are way over the cap limit.

Oh fo sho.

If Bergevin even has a mini doubt that Danault wants to test the market, you absolutly have to trade him. No question that we're going to lose him for nothing lol
Can't happen.

But I would rather keep him, if possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: dralaf

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Of fo sho.

If Bergevin even has a mini doubt that Danault wants to test the market, you absolutly have to trade him. No question that we're going to lose him for nothing lol
Can't happen.

But I would rather keep him, if possible.
What’s “O fo sho”?

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
Don’t know if he would accept, but say we really do make a deep playoff push for this upcoming year, does Bergie try to play the emotions card and offer him a 1 year $7-$8MM contract to try to chase Lord Stanley once and for all?

Suzy, KK and Romanov would have another year of development and the team overall would stay the same, minus Tatar. Caufield would most likely be on the team as well. This is the ultimate best case Ontario

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad