OT: Phillies: I'm Starting To Think Our Bank Accounts Are Frozen: Offseason Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
I feel like the MLB insiders are pretty good at breaking legit news before it happens. You see a lot of "so n so to sign with or so n so to be traded to" come out before anything's official. So if something were legit close with the Phillies n Harper I think theyd be reporting it.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Growing rift between baseball players and owners a threat to labor peace - The Boston Globe

Could the Phillies wind up with both Machado and Harper? Or would they hold back on signing both so they can put themselves in position to sign Mike Trout when he becomes a free agent after 2020? Some people in baseball think the Phillies could sign both superstars, sign Kimbrel and starter Dallas Keuchel, and still have a few bucks left for someone else. Not sure all of that is possible, but it wouldn’t surprise anyone.

The Phillies have allowed the market to play out for all of the big-name players in hopes they won’t pay top dollar for any of them. But they’re certainly willing to do so if need be

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
This is why people need to relax. The Phillies aren't going to get outbid for the players they want. Blindly throwing $350 at Harper boxes them out of other players.

it's rumored that they offered Harper 9/360, and he turned it down to see what LA would offer but not sure i believe that. 40M for Harper just seems way to high to me. Even 30M a year seems too much but I'm not a big Harper fan, I'd rather overpay Machado.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Not that I couldn’t give any f***s but I can see Harper pretty attractive from a PR standpoint for the big wigs. He’s not the best player in the league but he’s probably the most marketable & recognizeable to the public.

46zone

Pass me the soft pretzels
Feb 5, 2007
Philadelphia
it's rumored that they offered Harper 9/360, and he turned it down to see what LA would offer but not sure i believe that. 40M for Harper just seems way to high to me. Even 30M a year seems too much but I'm not a big Harper fan, I'd rather overpay Machado.

I have been following this pretty closely and I haven't come across this rumor anywhere, is this recent?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I have been following this pretty closely and I haven't come across this rumor anywhere, is this recent?

I believe it's from december but it doesn't make sense that he would turn that down and this was before the phils brass flew to vegas to meet with him. It's said they took that offer off the table.

heard it several times, here's one place,

Open Discussion: Week of January 28, 2019

Yes, 9/360 was offered and Harper against the advice of Boras turned it down to see what the Dodgers, his preferred landing spot, would offer. Naturally, the offer came off the table, just like Washington’s 10/300 came off.

XDevilBoiX

Jan 29, 2011
Where you see that rumor?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Where you see that rumor?

I highlighted it from that thread but have seen it discussed over there several times.

"Yes, 9/360 was offered and Harper against the advice of Boras turned it down to see what the Dodgers, his preferred landing spot, would offer. Naturally, the offer came off the table, just like Washington’s 10/300 came off."

Reactions: XDevilBoiX

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
if he turned it down..then really..f*** him..f*** this entire process..blame the owners all they want but in the end they are doing their best to turn away good money just so they can play where exactly they want to..they are what is holding up the entire FA period

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Well seems like Vegas has now started a rumor that Phillies to Harper is done.

Also Jamie Lynch (Producer at 97.5) claims somebody he trusts says its done and they have boxes of merchandise waiting to launch.

The worst part about this is if it's all BS, it's going to be a killer.

Reactions: Jtown

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I have no idea whether that account has sources or not, but you can absolutely still make Harper props in at least 2 major books as of ~5AM EST.

Reactions: Cody Webster
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad