OT: Phillies: I'm Starting To Think Our Bank Accounts Are Frozen: Offseason Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snotbubbles

Oct 25, 2007
Where'd you hear this?

Jeff Evans, Phillies Insider on Twitter. Said the Phils have an agreement in principle with Harper pending sign-off from Middleton and Harper physical. Will be completed this weeks. Also said that the Phils are in discussions with Boras about Dallas Keuchel.

Reactions: ajw12

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Jeff Evans, Phillies Insider on Twitter. Said the Phils have an agreement in principle with Harper pending sign-off from Middleton and Harper physical. Will be completed this weeks. Also said that the Phils are in discussions with Boras about Dallas Keuchel.

To be fair the dude said the same thing about Machado a couple weeks ago.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Dx_5VIKW0AA2mHN.jpg:large

From a poster on Twitter who doesn't make shit up. He said it's Harper's bat company that made them that showed up in a PA store.

Take this for what you will.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

From a poster on Twitter who doesn't make **** up. He said it's Harper's bat company that made them that showed up in a PA store.

Can't say I like him wearing Halladay's number, but perhaps I'm being too sentimental.

Hopefully that means good things -- I firmly believe he will be a Phillie and I will be buying tickets once again in my life.

Reactions: Jtown

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ

From a poster on Twitter who doesn't make **** up. He said it's Harper's bat company that made them that showed up in a PA store.

Eh, I'd be surprised if a bat company had some kind of inside scoop. Possible for sure, and not that this guy is making something up, but if I had to guess it is probably a promotional thing or a prototype or something like that. It would be kind of odd for Harper to sign (or know he is going to sign) and call up his bat supplier to make some Philly themed bats. I hope that is exactly what happened though. Haha.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
They are definitely merch bats, not real usable bats. One thought is that the Phillies used them as a pitch to Harper, but why would they still have them? You leave that stuff.

This stuff is driving me nuts, but it's kind of fun.

Reactions: DrinkFightFlyers

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
MLB’s top 100 - #27 Sixto, #59 Bohm, #77 Medina

If Garcia has a good showing at Lakewood as an 18 year old he'll be on that list for sure. Spencer Howard, if he does in Clearwater what he did in the 2nd half last year at Lakewood would likely get him on the list as well. Plus you have Hasley, Romero and Moniak, if they have good years in Reading/LV that should get them ranked possibly depending on how good they do.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
MLB’s top 100 - #27 Sixto, #59 Bohm, #77 Medina

If Garcia has a good showing at Lakewood as an 18 year old he'll be on that list for sure. Spencer Howard, if he does in Clearwater what he did in the 2nd half last year at Lakewood would likely get him on the list as well. Plus you have Hasley, Romero and Moniak, if they have good years in Reading/LV that should get them ranked possibly depending on how good they do.
I really thought Moniak would creep in there. He rebounded nicely last year it appears. If he follows that up I still think he has a future here in CF post-Herrera.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I really thought Moniak would creep in there. He rebounded nicely last year it appears. If he follows that up I still think he has a future here in CF post-Herrera.

I'm still holding out hope that Trout is the CF at some point but hopefully MM can get going in Reading. Have heard he's put on some muscle this off-season.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I'm still holding out hope that Trout is the CF at some point but hopefully MM can get going in Reading. Have heard he's put on some muscle this off-season.
I just really want to be able to talk about Mickey Mantle Moniak for the next decade or so.

Reactions: montreal

Branko

Jul 5, 2011
That Sheridan tweet is the most evidence we have so far. But what would Arrieta be sending to Harper directly? I NEED TO KNOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad