Speculation: Philippe Boucher to Laval?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
As for Boucher, in his 5 years in Quebec, only once he passed the first round, not very good pedigree

He's looking to follow in Lefebvre's footsteps. That's the kind of failure that the Habs reward with contract extensions.

Welcome to the country club, mon Philippe.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
We saw last year in the playoffs that he is a better coach then Robitaille, or pouliot this year, but I believe that he is borderline top tier, and not that good at developing youngsters.

As for Boucher, in his 5 years in Quebec, only once he passed the first round, not very good pedigree

Quebec was in a big reconstruction because of the Memorial Cup year

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
He did bring the Remparts to President Cup finale within one game of winning the cup.

He had to rebuild the next 2 / 3 years I think. And before arriving to the Remparts he did build the Rimouski Oceanic that actually beat him in that finale.

The reason I'm saying he is a good addition is that I think he is not a bad GM and he is a good hockey mind. I just always felt he misses something to be a really good head coach. Assistant is more the place for him.

If we could get a Boucher / Bouchard / Ducharme, it would be a dream for our up and coming prospect.

Sign me up.

CH4

Jul 21, 2004
Chicoutimi
Quebec was in a big reconstruction because of the Memorial Cup year
He still bought this year with a mediocre team, and the next couple of years doesn't look that good. Year 3 of the reconstruction is done and the timetable for them to become good again is still in the air. Buying this year instead of sellin was only to give his son. A shot and was plain stupid if you ask me.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
He still bought this year with a mediocre team, and the next couple of years doesn't look that good. Year 3 of the reconstruction is done and the timetable for them to become good again is still in the air. Buying this year instead of sellin was only to give his son. A shot and was plain stupid if you ask me.

That's true ! Maybe He knew that it's was his last year

durojean

May 29, 2007

You have to remember that a the trade deadline his team was a lot higher in the standings.

Plus, it was his son's and him last season. And like I said, I always felt he was not a good head coach but he is a good hockey mind.

You have to take in consideration that when he took the Remparts, He was in a Memorial Cup season where he had to buy AND he missed a lot of first round draft picks for the next 3 or 4 years.

Duclair and Erne were two great players but Roy litteraly emptied his bank of pick for the next 6 years to get them. So Boucher actually had to rebuild with no 1st round draft pick.

Reactions: Vachon23

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I imagine the son was voted into the role? Or was he appointed by Boucher?

All I know is if I were in a situation where my son was playing on the team, I'd be super uncomfortable and I'd be demanding that my son gives way more effort so that it doesn't come across as him having a spot he hasn't deserved. Actually, I'd prefer someone else to coach my son. It's such a lose-lose situation, not something any parent should get into. Just my opinion I guess.

Felipe says hi. :)

Reactions: CH4 and Runner77

FormerLurker

Sponsor
Mar 11, 2003
Mississauga
Thanks for the added feedback. So Boucher is not only a flawed coach but he practices the type of nepotism that aligns with Bergevin's country club?

Wow, his son is also involved with the team. Why do we see so much of this in hockey, it sucks.

Even David Poile is in on the gig. His son Brian is Nashville's Director of Hockey Operations.

Reactions: groovejuice

CH4

Jul 21, 2004
Chicoutimi
You have to remember that a the trade deadline his team was a lot higher in the standings.

Plus, it was his son's and him last season. And like I said, I always felt he was not a good head coach but he is a good hockey mind.

You have to take in consideration that when he took the Remparts, He was in a Memorial Cup season where he had to buy AND he missed a lot of first round draft picks for the next 3 or 4 years.

Duclair and Erne were two great players but Roy litteraly emptied his bank of pick for the next 6 years to get them. So Boucher actually had to rebuild with no 1st round draft pick.

That is not true, the only thing emptied to get duclair was the bank account, as he was drafted by quebec in the 3 round of 2011. He was refusing to report to any other team as quebec gave him mucho money.

Erne costed round 1 2013 and round 1 in 2014... much less then veleno and many others... so your facts are wrong.

durojean

May 29, 2007
That is not true, the only thing emptied to get duclair was the bank account, as he was drafted by quebec in the 3 round of 2011. He was refusing to report to any other team as quebec gave him mucho money.

Erne costed round 1 2013 and round 1 in 2014... much less then veleno and many others... so your facts are wrong.

You are right but I remember clearly that they missed 1st round draft picks for 3 years in a row. I thought it was for erne and duclair

Jul 6, 2016
He's looking to follow in Lefebvre's footsteps. That's the kind of failure that the Habs reward with contract extensions.

Welcome to the country club, mon Philippe.

Do you know the meaning of the word « speculation « ?

Boucher has clearly stated that he did not want to coach at any level for the time being.

So why sarcasm again ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad