Speculation: Philippe Boucher to Laval?

Aug 25, 2009
éal
He just resigned from his HC and GM spot with the Québec Remparts. Said he is done with junior hockey. Anyone know when the Rocket play ira last game?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Melnick just mentioned him a few minutes ago but did not indicate any rumor linking him to the Habs.

This is going to be a long off season. Everyone whose contract expires or is terminated is going to get a thread linking them to the Habs.

This is the Hockey30 method -- throw enough of them against the wall and one of them might stick.

CH4

Jul 21, 2004
Chicoutimi
please Ducharme and/or Bouchard

Boucher can go to hell, he is a bad coach and an even worse GM

Reactions: TRG

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
please Ducharme and/or Bouchard

Boucher can go to hell, he is a bad coach and an even worse GM

Can you provide more info. I find this intriguing.

durojean

May 29, 2007
I'm from Quebec, if he's going to Laval, I want him to be an assistant coach to Ducharme and Bouchard.

I think the job he did with the Remparts is not bad but kind of meh...

I think he is a hockey mind who got some experience but not head coach material.

Reactions: CH4

CH4

Jul 21, 2004
Chicoutimi
Can you provide more info. I find this intriguing.

He gets regularly outcoached by our very mediocre coach Yannick Jean, who is getting regularly outcoached by good coaches like Ducharme, Beausoleil etc... He often makes doubtful décisions regarding lines / goaltending / PP décisions.

there are many rumours/talks that the ambiance in the locker room was excecrable because his son had way too many favours.

I doubt many Remparts fans will miss him as a coach

As GM, he definately didn't understood well where his team was in the junior cycle by buing this year when his best elements weren't at maturity.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm from Quebec, if he's going to Laval, I want him to be an assistant coach to Ducharme and Bouchard.

I think he is a hockey mind who got some experience but not head coach material.

If he's just meh, why would we want him? I'm sure Ducharme has his own people he'd favor over Boucher, if he'd get the job.

CH4

Jul 21, 2004
Chicoutimi

he might become a very good assistant coach though. I'll give you that

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He gets regularly outcoached by our very mediocre coach Yannick Jean, who is getting regularly outcoached by good coaches like Ducharme, Beausoleil etc... He often makes doubtful décisions regarding lines / goaltending / PP décisions.

there are many rumours/talks that the ambiance in the locker room was excecrable because his son had way too many favours.

As GM, he definately didn't understood well where his team was in the junior cycle by buing this year when his best elements weren't at maturity.

Thanks for the added feedback. So Boucher is not only a flawed coach but he practices the type of nepotism that aligns with Bergevin's country club?

Wow, his son is also involved with the team. Why do we see so much of this in hockey, it sucks.

durojean

May 29, 2007
He did bring the Remparts to President Cup finale within one game of winning the cup.

He had to rebuild the next 2 / 3 years I think. And before arriving to the Remparts he did build the Rimouski Oceanic that actually beat him in that finale.

The reason I'm saying he is a good addition is that I think he is not a bad GM and he is a good hockey mind. I just always felt he misses something to be a really good head coach. Assistant is more the place for him.

If we could get a Boucher / Bouchard / Ducharme, it would be a dream for our up and coming prospect.

CH4

Jul 21, 2004
Chicoutimi
Thanks for the added feedback. So Boucher is not only a flawed coach but he practices the type of nepotism that aligns with Bergevin's country club?

Wow, his son is also involved with the team. Why do we see so much of this in hockey, it sucks.

his son was the captain of the remparts this year.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
his son was the captain of the remparts this year.

I imagine the son was voted into the role? Or was he appointed by Boucher?

All I know is if I were in a situation where my son was playing on the team, I'd be super uncomfortable and I'd be demanding that my son gives way more effort so that it doesn't come across as him having a spot he hasn't deserved. Actually, I'd prefer someone else to coach my son. It's such a lose-lose situation, not something any parent should get into. Just my opinion I guess.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

I like Yannik Jean me ! Him and Mésanero are best duo we had in Victo since I start liking hockey

Last edited:
Reactions: CH4

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Boucher a nepotism advocate ?

Bergevin must be thinking hard about him, right now...

145769512-Marc-Bergevin.jpg

Reactions: groovejuice

CH4

Jul 21, 2004
Chicoutimi
I like Yannik Jean me ! Him and Nessnero sre rhe best duo we had in Victo since I start liking hockey

We saw last year in the playoffs that he is a better coach then Robitaille, or pouliot this year, but I believe that he is borderline top tier, and not that good at developing youngsters.

As for Boucher, in his 5 years in Quebec, only once he passed the first round, not very good pedigree

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
We saw last year in the playoffs that he is a better coach then Robitaille, or pouliot this year, but I believe that he is borderline top tier, and not that good at developing youngsters.

As for Boucher, in his 5 years in Quebec, only once he passed the first round, not very good pedigree

I think he is a better GM then a coach

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->