Player Discussion Philip Danault

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Who's our other 2nd C?

Plekanec. I think rumors of his demise were a bit premature. He will never be a 60 pt player, but 40-50 pts pace is possible.

MT likes to roll lines even. Split Plek/Danault as 2/3 C. They could get us 65-80 pts out of the 2 of them.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Plekanec. I think rumors of his demise were a bit premature. He will never be a 60 pt player, but 40-50 pts pace is possible.

MT likes to roll lines even. Split Plek/Danault as 2/3 C. They could get us 65-80 pts out of the 2 of them.

Problem with this scenario is you have one of these at $6M.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

For one more season. Every team has overpaid players. Its not limiting or debilitating to Montreal. If you want to avoid the risk of overpaying players, be prepared to never retain any quality player over the age of 29. And never ice a team capable of contending.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Right now pleky salary is not really hurting the Habs. We have so many underpaid players than are major contributors it more than evens out. Another 3 assists for Danault. What a pick-up by MB!

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016

Not a problem this year. Team will have cap space and can dump DD if needed for a trade.

In the summer you dump Pleks. But for now pick up a winger like Sharp or Jagr and roll with Danault/Pleks down the middle.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Where are the posters who were laughing when MB said Eller is replaceable because of Danault ?

Well, Danault is so much better than Eller AINEC. What a steal... this is why I don't want MB to get a rental or a smaller deal than a Duchene type player... it's when you want to go cheap that you make mistakes like Chicago did last year...

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Not a problem this year. Team will have cap space and can dump DD if needed for a trade.

In the summer you dump Pleks. But for now pick up a winger like Sharp or Jagr and roll with Danault/Pleks down the middle.

Galchenyuk returning last night and earlier than his 8 weeks is a real blessing. Not only is it because our 1C returns quicker than expected, but it gives MB and management time to see what our center line of Galchenyuk-Danault-Plekanec-Mitchell can do for a month and a half before the deadline.

As of last night (since we had the center line we're talking about) and until February 28 (a day before the TDL), the Canadiens have 21 games to see what that center line can do. That's enough of a sample size to determine if you keep things as is or if you tweak them at center.

I think it's safe to say that the first game of the 21 against NYR was a successful one.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
As they have been for the past 4+ years...

Rumors of his demise were exaggerated no doubt.

But rumors of his decline were not

I think right now, he's in the perfect role, not relied upon for offense and he can just concentrate on playing solid defensive hockey and chipping in offense.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Rumors of his demise were exaggerated no doubt.

But rumors of his decline were not

I think right now, he's in the perfect role, not relied upon for offense and he can just concentrate on playing solid defensive hockey and chipping in offense.

He's lucky Danault has emerged lol

because pleks is still frustrating to watch, as long as he raises that trade value im happy, its win win

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
Still can't believe we got this guy and a 2nd for Weise and Fleischmann. What a steal by MB. Probably his best trade.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Anyone really surprised like me that Danault is our only regular that is in the - in the +/- stats? He seems to do everything right, offensively or defensively.

Crazy that he's on pace for 40+pts. His progression is just crazy.

Byron and Danault. Two big steals by MB.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I see him as a 35-45 points guy who can go 52-54% on FO. He's basically what I was hoping Eller would become. Two out of top 3 C spots filled long term with Galchenuyk/Danault.

Amazing how the Hawks can develop so many guys even though they don't draft highly.

lou4gehrig

Bedard 2023
Aug 2, 2005
Still can't believe we got this guy and a 2nd for Weise and Fleischmann. What a steal by MB. Probably his best trade.

Agreed. I've been critical of all of MB's move in the last year but most have come up good. Radulov signing, this trade, Weber trade, re-signing Byron.

Have to say if we can re-sign Radulov long-term, we have a legit cup window.

lou4gehrig

Bedard 2023
Aug 2, 2005
I see him as a 35-45 points guy who can go 52-54% on FO. He's basically what I was hoping Eller would become. Two out of top 3 C spots filled long term with Galchenuyk/Danault.

Amazing how the Hawks can develop so many guys even though they don't draft highly.

Danault was a 1st round pick. He's obviously talented. Probably didn't have a chance to play in all the situation he has here.

Scuba-Steve

Jun 8, 2006
Québec
it is plausible, maybe the scout say phil as the most complete player back then while drouin was a clearly superior offensive talent.
I am not saying i agree with that, but can clearly see what he might have been thinking

It is an assistant coach (still is) who's said that, not a scout.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Byron and Danault. Two big steals by MB.

You know what both of those acquisitions have in common?

The "hockey experts" here denounced them both as "more fourth liners" acquired by Bergevin sifting through the bargain bin.

These were the same hockey geniuses that were screaming about how badly Bergevin got ripped off when he traded Sekac and went on and on about how he was inexperienced and had just been robbed blind by the Ducks.

Of course, none of these people learned any lessons from this and they still pollute the board with their under informed rantings on players they know precious little about.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004

The "hockey experts" here denounced them both as "more fourth liners" acquired by Bergevin sifting through the bargain bin.

These were the same hockey geniuses that were screaming about how badly Bergevin got ripped off when he traded Sekac and went on and on about how he was inexperienced and had just been robbed blind by the Ducks.

Of course, none of these people learned any lessons from this and they still pollute the board with their under informed rantings on players they know precious little about.
Well said

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

Is there a single poster here who hasn't raved about Danault or Byron? I think not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad