Player Discussion Philip Danault

Status
Not open for further replies.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
That's actually a pretty decent lineup

Wouldn't mind seeing us aquire another top 6 player though, preferably a centre, or a LW

Landeskog-Galchenyuk-Radulov
Paccioretty-Danault-Shaw
Lehkonen-Plekanec-Gallagher

Or

Lehkonen-Galchenyuk-Radulov
Paccioretty-Duchene-Shaw
Roussel-Danault-Gallagher

If we trade for either Landeskog or Duchene, I believe Byron would go the other way plus Beaulieu and Juulsen

Also, if we get the centre, we'd need to trade for another LWer.....I just through in Roussel since I think he'd be a good fit and I don't see Dallas making the playoffs. It's all hypothetical, but it is HF soooo....

Not necessarily, if Byron is for some reason part of said deal for a 2C then they're just better off filling that 3rd LW spot with McCarron or perhaps Hudon than giving additional assets for a third liner.

Specially since those assets could be used to acquire a n.4-5 defenseman.

Also not a huge fan of Shaw on a second line. I have no doubt Gallagher would look miles better with Duchene as his center instead of Plekanec.

Lehkonen-Galchenyuk-Radulov
Pacioretty-Duchene-Gallagher
McCarron-Danault-Shaw

Edit: Sorry back to Danault, ideally he's a very good 3c on a contender caliber team.

Last edited:

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I'm now convinced Danault and Byron are capable of being top 6 players. They have so much speed, skill and most importantly desire. These guys have performed way above anyone's expectations.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Three more points for Danault, 75% wins on FO. He is really not able to be a very good 2C...

Jul 6, 2016
We got hosed with the Shaw acquisition/contract but Chicago also giving us Danault last year more than makes up for it.

Shaw was playing great before His concussion. Let him some time to find his game back.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Shaw was a great addition, he was catching fire before the concussion just wait, you'll see.

It may be more that DeBrincat is an insane talent, and has a good chance overcoming his height deficiency. That, and Shaw can severely handicap the team as well.

Still, Dutch Gretzky and Flash for Danault is already amazing, and the Habs still have 2018 2nd as well.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
My friend is an assistant coach in the QMJHL and back in 2013, I asked him who, in his opinion, was the best player in the QMJHL at this moment, and he responded without any hesitation: '' Phil Danault ''. His response caught me a bit by surprise but he must be good at judging talent after all.

Not over Drouin. :laugh:

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Not over Drouin. :laugh:

it is plausible, maybe the scout say phil as the most complete player back then while drouin was a clearly superior offensive talent.
I am not saying i agree with that, but can clearly see what he might have been thinking

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I'm not saying a Quebecois wearing the Habs uniform becomes magic but the proof is in the pudding. :D

So does your theory apply to Mitchell & Barberio too or only Francophones?

Just so you know, I think Danualt is going to be a stud player. We've only scratched the surface with this kid. Not as good as Bergeron but close.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I'm now convinced Danault and Byron are capable of being top 6 players. They have so much speed, skill and most importantly desire. These guys have performed way above anyone's expectations.

I think they are 3rd liners on contending teams. They can exploit matchups.

realtalk11

Oct 7, 2013
He has top 6 abilities, skating and what not.

Just cant see why some people are so quick to label him a 3rd C

Kid has everything to become a good 2nd C in the nhl

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Danault is in the top 60 for points by centers this season. He's only 23.

He definitely can become a legit 2nd C.

He's also our best center on faceoffs. At 23, Bergeron was at 54,5%, Danault is at 53,4%.

Last edited:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
What's the hangup over him being a #2 or #3 center...who really cares.

As long as he continues to play like he has all year, that's all that really matters.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
What's the hangup over him being a #2 or #3 center...who really cares.

As long as he continues to play like he has all year, that's all that really matters.

I think the only hangup is... Do we need a #2 if we already have one?

My opinion, yes we do. Danault can be our Kessel on the third line - to take advantage of teams with less depth.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I think the only hangup is... Do we need a #2 if we already have one?

My opinion, yes we do. Danault can be our Kessel on the third line - to take advantage of teams with less depth.

I agree. I think we should at least get a C that brings something we lack to complement him if we can't get a clear offensive upgrade.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
So does your theory apply to Mitchell & Barberio too or only Francophones?

Just so you know, I think Danualt is going to be a stud player. We've only scratched the surface with this kid. Not as good as Bergeron but close.

Not close. On the other hand, he's much younger and will be around longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad