Recalled/Assigned: Philip Danault (Sharp to LTIR)

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Saw it Tweeted by Tab, think it's a good thought. Said to keep an eye on Morin and Pittsburgh. They're going to be looking for a cheap forward and Morin's future here is obviously limited at best. Could be something that works for both sides.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Morin's value has just gotten destroyed this season. How bad do you have to be to get 0 points. It's the biggest non TVR development this season.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I don't like all these guys getting dinged up but I do look forward to seeing some new faces getting a sniff of NHL action. Excited to see what some of these guys can do and get an idea of what the organization actually has in some of these players.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
I don't like all these guys getting dinged up but I do look forward to seeing some new faces getting a sniff of NHL action. Excited to see what some of these guys can do and get an idea of what the organization actually has in some of these players.

It is a blessing in disguise of sorts. I just hope the trend doesn't continue.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
It is a blessing to an extent given some of these kids will be relied upon to replace the depth that will be gutted by cap in summer. So getting them NHL experience when possible is good

2011 draft continues to impress

Saad + Shaw already homeruns and now Clendening/Danault getting taste of NHL and McNeill likely not far behind

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Morin's value has just gotten destroyed this season. How bad do you have to be to get 0 points. It's the biggest non TVR development this season.

Perhaps his output has something to do with his centerman. Afterall, he gets to play with Marcus (I won't create any offense unless it's given to me, and maybe not even then) Kruger for what, 7 or 8 minutes a game. Don't believe me? Look at Ben Smith's totals. Of course it would be nice if Morin got on the scoreboard, but I have no problem with his game, and I don't think Q does either.

The sooner Danault takes over that 4th line center position the better.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Perhaps his output has something to do with his centerman. Afterall, he gets to play with Marcus (I won't create any offense unless it's given to me, and maybe not even then) Kruger for what, 7 or 8 minutes a game. Don't believe me? Look at Ben Smith's totals. Of course it would be nice if Morin got on the scoreboard, but I have no problem with his game, and I don't think Q does either.

The sooner Danault takes over that 4th line center position the better.

If that's the case, he should at least have a few points, considering Kruger now has 5pts on the season. Carcillo doesn't have a problem getting points next to Kruger. At least Ben Smith provides quite a bit to this team when he isn't getting points. And he and Bollig also had zero problems getting points with Kruger last year.

Perhaps the problem is that Morin just isn't a good NHL hockey player. I thought he would be better than what Pirri showed last year, which wouldn't have been that big of a feat, but Morin looks absolutely terrible out there. Adds nothing at all to this team.

Really excited to see Danault play, think he will be a solid contributor in a lot of ways for this team, PKing, board battles, net front presence, and good hockey IQ.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Yep as usual Morin gets excuse after excuse from his defenders

Frolik wasn't suited for 4th line winger role yet he took on that responsiblity and excelled playing his heart out to win the respect/admiration of Q and other coaches

I dont see Morin doing anything to show coaches he is worthy of an NHL role

Saucey

Jun 25, 2014
So can anyone explain to me why we haven't given TT a shot yet? I've never really gotten to see him play and I'm curious to see him in action.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Let's just hope Morin has done enough or other GMs think enough of him that we can get a decent deal when he is dealt.

Excited to see Danault get a shot, really hope he does well. Getting these young guys some experience may really be beneficial down the road. And if we can win while they are getting time, then its a win for everyone!

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
So can anyone explain to me why we haven't given TT a shot yet? I've never really gotten to see him play and I'm curious to see him in action.

Richards is playing well and TT coming up to play 9-13 minutes a night in bottom 6 doesn't make much sense at this time

Also TT hasn't been off to greatest start in AHL with Danault/McNeill both playing best hockey among forwards both guys can play bottom 6 W role and suit the needs of Hawks at this time more then TT

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Let's just hope Morin has done enough or other GMs think enough of him that we can get a decent deal when he is dealt.

Excited to see Danault get a shot, really hope he does well. Getting these young guys some experience may really be beneficial down the road. And if we can win while they are getting time, then its a win for everyone!

At best Morin will get Hawks a mid round pick (4th) ,, Most likely they trade him for another teams struggling prospect or late pick

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I would rather Morin be a piece of a bigger deal. He is more valuable sweetening the pot than by himself most likely.

Honestly I think you are overstating the value of Morin

Pirri got a 3rd + 5th last year and was more productive/enticing player. 4th rounder is probably best Value for Morin

He isn't some great trade chip to add into a deal at this point

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010

Pirri got a 3rd + 5th last year and was more productive/enticing player. 4th rounder is probably best Value for Morin

giphy.gif

Where did I say that? I said as part of a bigger deal (which would imply he would be an ancillary piece), not that he was a great trade chip. Come on man.

MTP

I Love Shinpads
Jan 19, 2010
Downers Grove, IL

Bang on. If they wanted to get max value out of him, the time to trade him would have been this past offseason. His value has dropped dramatically now that he's 15 games into the season and hasn't managed to find the scoresheet once.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
Would you rather package him with other assets to obtain a player that is going to help this year, or for a 4th round pick? Which trade do you value more?

That is the point I am driving at, i.e. he is more valuable as part of a package to obtain a player and not as part of a deal that brings back a pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad