Recalled/Assigned: Philip Danault (Sharp to LTIR)

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
I wouldn't bet against Dahlbeck either and Shaw is in that draft. Just absurd. That draft might be able carry us through the next cap purge on it's own, if we needed it to. Just non stop hits.

I'd really like to know if there has ever been a draft like it around the league.

I saw a tweet and don't remember who sent it. But the Hawks have the most GP and most points out of that draft by far and we haven't even seen Danault, McNeill, Paliotta, Dahlbeck and only had one game of Clendening. Just a franchise saving class for a franchise that didn't need one.

That draft is looking really really good for the hawks so far. Saad and Shaw alone make it a good draft, then if any of Danault, McNeil, Clendening or Dahlbeck contribute at the NHL level, its just a home run draft.

dougd

Jul 20, 2002
fortmcmurray ab can
From what I've observed on JM for this year.

His speed has increased but only marginally.

Problem is he seems only able to have a decent spurt fresh off the bench, but cannot sustain it after one sojourn down the ice. Most players can usually do a couple of full length back/forth before tiring, but JM looks only capable of 1/4 @ full throttle.

Thus, his speed still being below average IMO and poor stamina, will not be an effective big leaguer. Everyone's O2 capabilities differ and his seems at the low end.

He is willing to pay price in corners and front of net..good...he shoots from anywhere...good...but for the most part is not elusive enough to get himself into prime scoring position at this level.

Totally OK if he can be traded for whatever max offer given, otherwise, AHL star long term in Hawks system.

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
It is almost impossible to significantly improve skating speed at professional ages.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
For the first time in his career. All he's done before this year is produce despite limited opportunity. Now he's being given a fair shake and he can't buy a point.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Hawks org really talking up Danault. Bowman called him "dynamite" right before the call-up and Q's comments after the game were insanely positive for him.

Mark Lazerus @MarkLazerus · 2h 2 hours ago
Joel Quenneville on Phillip Danault's debut: "Excellent. Thought he did a good job. Had the puck a lot. He was around it. Tenacious."

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues
Hawks org really talking up Danault. Bowman called him "dynamite" right before the call-up and Q's comments after the game were insanely positive for him.

Mark Lazerus @MarkLazerus · 2h 2 hours ago
Joel Quenneville on Phillip Danault's debut: "Excellent. Thought he did a good job. Had the puck a lot. He was around it. Tenacious."

Sounds like a new nickname, Tenacious D.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I haven't watched the 3rd period yet (it's on pvr) but from what I observed in the the first 2, Danault looked right at home in an NHL jersey. That is the type of tenacious hockey I like to see our bottom 6 play, and they usually don't! Just sayin ....

When we have he and Carcillo dressed I feel much more comfortable when it comes to playing intense hockey.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
He showed flashes in game 1 but not so much in game 2

No reason to take this as anything negative for kid. Got his taste of NHL and now its back to Rockford

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
You're seriously concerned that Kruger and Smith don't play tenacious enough? Really?

+1

Danault played well (and I really think he has a future with the big club), but he's not as good on D as Kruger & Smith. And really, right now, it's not close. Not that Danault sucks, but Kruger & Smith are really good defensively.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
Two NHL games (and two NHL games' paychecks) seem like a pretty nice reward for a 21 year old who's having a great season in the AHL.

Hope the taste of the NHL only made Danault hungrier for more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad