OT: Philadelphia Phillies: We Still Have A Guy Named MacPhail In The Front Office...

Status
Not open for further replies.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
I don’t believe so.

You might be thinking of when he came over in the Ken Giles trade?

you guys are correct..person i am thinking of..and can not place..was a pitcher..failed at that and did a comeback as a position player..thought it was the same guy..or something along those lines

yes..i was thinking of Rick Ankiel

Reactions: DancingPanther

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
you guys are correct..person i am thinking of..and can not place..was a pitcher..failed at that and did a comeback as a position player..thought it was the same guy..or something along those lines

Rick Ankiel lol what a name drop

Reactions: trostol

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
didn't he try this once already..or am i thinking of someone else

I don’t believe so.

Rick Ankiel lol what a name drop

Tsk tsk...I thought you all were talking about Phillies legend Joe Savery! 1st round pick in 2007 (along with Travis d'Arnaud) who converted to a 1B after going 1-12 and basically losing all control while with Lehigh Valley.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Tsk tsk...I thought you all were talking about Phillies legend Joe Savery! 1st round pick in 2007 (along with Travis d'Arnaud) who converted to a 1B after going 1-12 and basically losing all control while with Lehigh Valley.
Beautiful. Absolutely never heard of this guy lol

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Also whatever happened to Medina? Didn't pan out? I see he's really fell down the prospect rankings.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
The problem with carrying Hale is they'll have to DFA a prospect or two to have him be the last guy in the pen when they could have just kept JoJo as a second lefty.

How should I feel about this BP? Tough to be worse than last year but should I have any hope?
They have more a more traditional bullpen this year. A lot of hard throwers with traditional two pitch mixes. In previous years it's been a lot of low-to-mid 90s guys with weird secondaries. The hardest thrower in the bullpen last year averaged 95 mph. He just got optioned out.

trigzter

Feb 3, 2011
PA
holy hell this second commentator could be more boring keith jones owns this dude. is it lieberthal (sp)?

trigzter

Feb 3, 2011
PA
with a straight face tell me mr.fall asleep is a good commentator outside of people over 75

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad