OT: Philadelphia Phillies: Sometimes Ball Go Boom And Sometimes It Don’t (NL Champs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I wonder if they’ve ever gone to people who are responsible for maintaining the field like groundskeepers. They were around the turf 40 hours plus a week for years.
Oh damn yeah it would stand to reason that they would have similar issues. I am not sure how regular the groundscrew is though (like if it is the same people every year or if it is normally one head guy and the crew itself changes regularly?).

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
The Phillies have talked me out of it.

I reached out on Monday for some options. Got an email from a rep with options at the close of business on Monday. I said i'd have to think about it overnight and then I let him know early Tuesday that the one i'd like to do.

I have yet to hear back from the guy and when I called the main number trying to buy them today they said that since I was assigned to a rep their hands are tied until I hear from that guy.

Woof.
and here i was gonna say lemme know if you wanna sell any tickets lol

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Never once did I say there couldn't be a correlation Jojo, (in fact I wouldn't be surprised if there was) just that the information presented in the article is garbage speculation peddled by garbage sources. Doesn't even list the chemicals, just the buzzword "forever-chemicals". Red flags galore. Until something real is presented, it's just noise.
As Jo Jo should know, there are cancer hot spots everywhere. Because there's a lot of cancer.
So you have to be really careful with casual correlations.

A lot of the science behind "cancer causing chemicals" is based on studies with rats and mega-doses, problem is that doesn't necessarily mean if a megadose does this to a rat, smaller doses does this to humans. Reason for megadoses is rats don't live long, but we don't know enough to confidently extrapolate to humans. We know about things like tobacco and small airborne particles b/c we have data on cigarette usage and since the 1970s, we've been monitoring air quality (even then, the data has a lot of noise).

This is a general problem in medicine, the really good studies require large populations for long-periods (which tends to be very expensive and difficult), and even then you need perspective - how often do you see the headline, "such and such doubles your chances of cancer (or some other disease)" - but that doubling may be from 0.001% over your life to 0.002%. Meanwhile you drive every day, a far riskier endeavor.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
That is why Harper was the far better choice, I'd never give an opt out - either sign for the duration or sign a short-term deal.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Marte is freaking nasty.

I say give him the year off. Recover completely, strengthen, come back next season.
This is a bit aggressive. Missing a year of development at 19/20 isn't exactly ideal either. I imagine if you took an MRI of most pitchers they have some form of UCL damage. Nola had similar issues earlier in his career and *knocks on wood* he has avoided surgery.

Reactions: Jack Straw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille