OT: Philadelphia Phillies regular season part 2;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Neris is the typical Phillie of this era. Hes really good for 6-8 weeks of the season...then utter trash the rest of the way. Too many of those guys have fooled management into thinking theyre everyday guys worthy of big roles.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
I turned it off...got the ESPN streak for cash notification that my pick of the Dodgers lost....

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
IMG_20190716_225019.jpg

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ

So I hope I am not getting ahead of myself, and things still need to be fixed vis-a-vis starting and relief pitching and managers, but I think this is a turning point right here. This team has been excrutiating to watch and they are STILL very much in the playoff hunt. I don't think they are the WS contenders many thought before the season, but if they can acquire a starter and a reliever and get just slightly better performances for most of the team in the second half and we should not be worrying about not making the playoffs. If Harper/Arietta and others really turn it up in the second half and we can land a guy like Stroman (whom there has apparently been interest) and maybe even a lefty in the rotation somewhere and catching the Braves isn't out of the question.

Not making excuses but this has been very much a Murphy's Law type of season and the team is very much much in the hunt. I suppose we'll see but I have good vibes from last night (even though I admittedly turned it off for the second night in a row about halfway through the game when the wheels appeared to be falling off).

Reactions: Rebels57

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
Were in a wild card spot at the moment, and we’ve had pretty terrible health this year among other issues (Herrera), I really don’t mind having them back.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The phillies are 2nd in the NL in wins when scoring 4 or more runs behind only LA. But they are a jaw dropping 5-36 when scoring less then 4 runs a game. 5 wins, that's f***ing terrible. How they haven't made a trade at least a month ago is beyond me unless prices are sky high.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
The phillies are 2nd in the NL in wins when scoring 4 or more runs behind only LA. But they are a jaw dropping 5-36 when scoring less then 4 runs a game. 5 wins, that's ****ing terrible. How they haven't made a trade at least a month ago is beyond me unless prices are sky high.

Because we have management that believes we don't need anything better. The fact that we didn't go out and get better pitching this off-season is f***ing ASTONISHING. The less than 4 runs comes down to the fact that our pitching overall is pretty terrible.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad