OT: Philadelphia Phillies regular season part 2;

Status
Not open for further replies.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
bases loaded..1 out...get nothing...willl that come back to bite them in the arse

Scotty Pucks

Bring back “Doop” as Flyers Goal Song
Apr 1, 2012
Pennsylvania
In Pittsburgh for the Phils last night and tonight. Decent city I won’t lie, though not on Philly’s level of course.

Their fans though = the worst. Some drunken rube in baggy camo cargo shorts and a backwards hat tried to start a “1975” chant when they were losing, to which I responded “1979!” (You know, relevant to the teams actually playing) and he tried giving me some crap but shut up shortly thereafter.

Fact of the matter is, right now, the Phils and Birds are closer removed from championships than the Pirates and Steelers, and are better than both teams now. The Sixers have an incredibly bright future and they have no NBA team.

As for hockey, I think a lot of can agree their luck has been ridiculous but I’m willing to bet in the twilight of their core’s careers and going forward they will suck for quite some time while the Flyers will remain the more consistent franchise.

Anyway on the bright side, lots of Phils fans around and ive noticed/met a fair share of PSU alums on both sides which is cool. Let’s just get this sweep.

Reactions: Schwarbomb

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
In Pittsburgh for the Phils last night and tonight. Decent city I won’t lie, though not on Philly’s level of course.

Their fans though = the worst. Some drunken rube in baggy camo cargo shorts and a backwards hat tried to start a “1975” chant when they were losing, to which I responded “1979!” (You know, relevant to the teams actually playing) and he tried giving me some crap but shut up shortly thereafter.

Fact of the matter is, right now, the Phils and Birds are closer removed from championships than the Pirates and Steelers, and are better than both teams now. The Sixers have an incredibly bright future and they have no NBA team.

As for hockey, I think a lot of can agree their luck has been ridiculous but I’m willing to bet in the twilight of their core’s careers and going forward they will suck for quite some time while the Flyers will remain the more consistent franchise.

Anyway on the bright side, lots of Phils fans around and ive noticed/met a fair share of PSU alums on both sides which is cool. Let’s just get this sweep.
Pittsburgh closely follows Boston as the worst sports city ever

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

Thinking it’s cool to meet PSU alums invalidates your horrible opinion.

Pittsburgh sucks.

Reactions: DancingPanther

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
never been to any games there but I liked Pittsburgh in the few times i've been there. Compared to philly it's very clean and you don't have to worry about getting shot depending where in philly you are. I had a GF from college that lived there so I was up there a few times and I saw 2 concerts there (Phish/Grateful Dead) they have a drive through beer distributor, that was convenient.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
never been to any games there but I liked Pittsburgh in the few times i've been there. Compared to philly it's very clean and you don't have to worry about getting shot depending where in philly you are. I had a GF from college that lived there so I was up there a few times and I saw 2 concerts there (Phish/Grateful Dead) they have a drive through beer distributor, that was convenient.

I’ve been there a few times. The center city has come a long way but its small. Once you get out of the touristy spots you find out how small rundown and trashy it is. It’s the best appalachia has to offer but it’s still appalachia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->