OT: Philadelphia Phillies: Pronunciation Class With Bryce Harper

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Yeah. There was no shot Neris was closing out a game in a high scoring environment like that. Replace him and you’re in the same situation. Other than the long guys piggybacking off of the starters, you can’t feel good about anyone in that pen. This team just sucks with little hope on the horizon.

Reactions: DancingPanther

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Girardi says he was down 4 relievers?

How does that happen when they had Thursday, Monday, and tomorrow off

Reactions: Flybynite

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
There's a chance Nick Sirianni, who hasn't coached a game, might be the best coach in Philadelphia at the moment. I get the bullpen was taxed, but under no circumstances can David Hale be put into a high leverage situation.

Reactions: SnS

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
1st base umpire in the Jays/Marlins game has had two calls overturned in the first four outs of the game. :laugh:

Lolz. Another botched call with the very next batter, but it can't be reviewed (ball called fair on a dribbler, but was definitely still foul when it was picked up). Umps on fire in this one.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Jesus. 1st base umpire botched another call. Top of the 2nd and these umps, particularly the 1st base umpire, are having just an atrocious game.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Their outside additions haven’t been bad. Harper, Realmuto, Wheeler, etc. have been about what you could expect. They’re just not supplementing them enough with talent from within.
I just don't understand how a team with all those players can be this irrelevant

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Because they manage the team based on public perception. I mean they based a $330 million decision off of a twitter poll. They canned one of the better managers in baseball because he was too much of an "analytics guy" only to hire a "baseball guy" who looks like a dud.

Yes the drafting and development hasn't been good, but it starts at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad