OT: Philadelphia Phillies: Pitchers And Catchers Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Chicago appears to operate like Boston. I'm wondering what the ask for Lester + Bryant would be.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Honestly Boston killed it here. Verdugo and a top prospect for a rental. Shelling out a bunch of cash to cover Price but whatever
lots of guys think Graterol is bullpen, but still a great arm. Seems like Mookie truly was set on going to FA so it is a much better deal than it looks on the surface. Raptors/Kawhi type deal

Reactions: DancingPanther

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
lots of guys think Graterol is bullpen, but still a great arm. Seems like Mookie truly was set on going to FA so it is a much better deal than it looks on the surface. Raptors/Kawhi type deal

Exactly. It's good asset management. If they waited until they were out of it midseason they hardly get a Verdugo out of it, probably

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Tough to say, but a lot of risk to be worth squeezing a little bit more out of a deal anyway
I figure they have no leverage this time in June when their 3rd in the AL East. Even if a team ends up renting him for a few months at that point, it's for cash and a prospect. A young, already contributing potential All Star in Verdugo (or a similar player elsewhere) is likely off the table at that point

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Honestly Boston killed it here.

I wouldn't be surprised if management messed up twice by not hiring their GM Bloom, the first time they opted for Klentak over him and then they could have fired him and gone with Bloom after he left TB, although after getting shot down the 1st time he may have just not wanted it as I don't think many would chose to work under our dysfunctional owner/management vs going to boston.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Is there any way that the Phillies could land Bryant without parting with Bohm, Hoskins, or Howard? I don't know what type of value the second tier of prospects hold or if there is anyone on the ML roster that they would consider. I'd still probably be in favor of getting Bryant even if one of them was part of a deal. I definitely would not want to give up 2/3 of them. Does Stott and Medina move the needle at all in a Bryant move?

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Kingery+

Medina's value has tanked. Hoskins does nothing for them. They'd probably holdout for Howard.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Kingery+

Medina's value has tanked. Hoskins does nothing for them. They'd probably holdout for Howard.
I'd be ok with Kingery+. I like him a lot but with Bohm in the pipeline maybe a shift to second isn't out of the question? I'd prefer obviously not to trade our best prospect, but really with the Phillies track record he probably isn't as good as we think. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Headed for another painfully mediocre season again, right?

if everything goes right maybe they win 90 games. But it's going to come down to injuries, how much better the new coaches are at their job (pitching, hitting and of course the manager), then they are going to need a couple guys from the farm system to step up big this year. It looks like Howard will be on an innings limit so I don't know how that will play out, but if Bohm, Brogdon, Romero, Damon Jones, etc... if they have a couple guys that can at some point step into a role and actually excel there then that should help a good bit.

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
I’m still not sure why they insist on 162 regular season games, only 12 playoff teams and half the series aren’t even 7 games.

Baseball really could use some changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad