OT: Philadelphia Phillies (MLB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Will be traveling down to the game Saturday and had a few questions: does CBP still have both Tony Lukes and Genos? Has the team come out with any printed preliminary 2017 schedules that are available? And finally how much are the Phanatic dolls? Want to get one because I collect mascot dolls.

Tankadelphia

All Hail Ghost Bear
Mar 7, 2014
Tankadelphia
Will be traveling down to the game Saturday and had a few questions: does CBP still have both Tony Lukes and Genos? Has the team come out with any printed preliminary 2017 schedules that are available? And finally how much are the Phanatic dolls? Want to get one because I collect mascot dolls.
No genos. There is Tony Lukes and Campos(was in reading terminal)

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
No genos. There is Tony Lukes and Campos(was in reading terminal)
Thanks. Just happy there is a Tony Lukes, I love that place and it was a highlight of going to shows at the ECW Arena. Campos is adequate, sometimes good sometimes not so good.

HokieDude17

Feb 8, 2016
Hampstead, MD
Ugh, watching the mets clinch a wildcard spot against us at home is depressing. There are wayyyyyy too many mets fans at CBP, makes me feel unclean.

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
I just hope the Giants don't get in.

Hopefully there are more Phils fans at the game tomorrow to give Howard a proper send-off.

Mets got the WC today, so hopefully there's less tomorrow. My buddy and I will be going, so I'll do my best to keep those in blue and orange in check.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I'm a Mets fan and I applauded Howard his first at bat. He is for you guys what David Wright is for us: not quite a HOF'er but a beloved team legend.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Shame on CSN for not showing this ceremony in full. Cutting in and out between ceremony and pregame live then going to commercial

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I'm at Mark Teixiera's last game today. Would like to see my second celebration in as many days. Go O's!!! Also hoping for a Cards win and a Giants loss so they beat each other up in a play in game (and just as I type this Giants go up 2-0, grrrrrrrr).

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Damn you guys see this last night? I only watched the first couple innings so I missed it.

https://streamable.com/awwl

I'm all for rowdy fans but this is about the worst thing I've seen during play at a game. Throwing garbage (for which Toronto is becoming famous) is one thing after a bad call or something, but not while a guy is trying to make a play.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
Damn you guys see this last night? I only watched the first couple innings so I missed it.

https://streamable.com/awwl

I'm all for rowdy fans but this is about the worst thing I've seen during play at a game. Throwing garbage (for which Toronto is becoming famous) is one thing after a bad call or something, but not while a guy is trying to make a play.

Victorino got showered with beer at Wrigley. This is probably worse, though. That would've hurt if it connected

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Victorino got showered with beer at Wrigley. This is probably worse, though. That would've hurt if it connected

Was the Victorino thing during a play in which he was involved though? I don't remember that. I remember the batteries getting hurled at JD Drew at the Vet. I remember the Toronto fans littering the field with garbage after that bad call. I remember those guys in Chicago trying to stab the umpire or the first base coach or something. But it seems like this stuff usually happens after a play between pitches.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Was the Victorino thing during a play in which he was involved though? I don't remember that. I remember the batteries getting hurled at JD Drew at the Vet. I remember the Toronto fans littering the field with garbage after that bad call. I remember those guys in Chicago trying to stab the umpire or the first base coach or something. But it seems like this stuff usually happens after a play between pitches.

Pretty sure it was, I think he was actually trying to make a catch and they dumped beer on him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPOErcbOo_A

Can't find any good video, this one isn't bad, you can see he's trying to make a routine fly and something from the stands gets thrown

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Toronto fans with a beer throwing incident for the 2nd year in a row.

At one point do they get the reputation Philly fans have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia