OT: Philadelphia Phillies (MLB): Senior Citizens Bank Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Brett Myers always made me laugh because he looked like your typical bible thumpin', rifle totting, KKK memeber looking southerner.

I loved Myers, definitely because I relate him with that 2007 NL East title. When he's at his best, that 12-6 curveball is ferocious.

Here's a question about that season for everyone, does anyone hate the Rockies for bouncing the Phillies out in 3? I for some reason was bitter about that and still dislike them, especially Jeff Francis lol

King Forsberg

16 21 28 44 68 88 93
Jul 26, 2010
I loved Myers, definitely because I relate him with that 2007 NL East title. When he's at his best, that 12-6 curveball is ferocious.

Here's a question about that season for everyone, does anyone hate the Rockies for bouncing the Phillies out in 3? I for some reason was bitter about that and still dislike them, especially Jeff Francis lol

Absolutely. Getting revenge on the Rockies in 09 was almost as good as beating the Dodgers a second time.

zarley zelepukin

Oct 25, 2008
Norristown, PA

I don't hate them. They were just on one of those crazy runs they seem to go on from time to time. It's not like the 07 team was that great or anything. I have way more hate for the Cardinals and Giants.

cheesesteakarmor

Jul 18, 2009

Going into my junior year of college, watching the Phillies-Rockies series, I remember being pissed that after years of being terrible, we finally got into the playoffs. And proceeded to be terrible.

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly

I don't. Maybe if the Rockies or teams from the city of Denver stood in the way of Philadelphia championships more often I would. I also think there's no real hatred for me because the Phils did it all over again the next year and won it all.

It's easy to remember the run the Rockies went on that year because they went nuts down the stretch, won a play-in game and then went onto the WS. But the Phils had quite a run as well (along with a Mets epic fail). The Rockies were just slightly hotter.

And considering the 14 year stretch of no playoff baseball I was just happy to see them get over that hump, especially since in the previous few years they were good, but just missed the postseason by a couple games. I think in 2006 they had more wins than the Cardinals, missed the WC by a few games, but the Cardinals got in 'cuz they played in a crap division and then got hot and won it all.

I hated the result, not the Rockies.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
I don't. Maybe if the Rockies or teams from the city of Denver stood in the way of Philadelphia championships more often I would. I also think there's no real hatred for me because the Phils did it all over again the next year and won it all.

It's easy to remember the run the Rockies went on that year because they went nuts down the stretch, won a play-in game and then went onto the WS. But the Phils had quite a run as well (along with a Mets epic fail). The Rockies were just slightly hotter.

And considering the 14 year stretch of no playoff baseball I was just happy to see them get over that hump, especially since in the previous few years they were good, but just missed the postseason by a couple games. I think in 2006 they had more wins than the Cardinals, missed the WC by a few games, but the Cardinals got in 'cuz they played in a crap division and then got hot and won it all.

I hated the result, not the Rockies.

That play in game was awesome. Padres/Rockies, 13 innings, baseball at it's finest.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
David Schoenfield ranks the Phillies 29th in the MLB this year. Houston is 30th.

Houstons payroll I believe hovers around 40M
Phillies is 159M

Nice work Ruin....

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
David Schoenfield ranks the Phillies 29th in the MLB this year. Houston is 30th.

Houstons payroll I believe hovers around 40M
Phillies is 159M

Nice work Ruin....

Yeah I read that. He said that he could "see a scenario where the Phillies could win 85-87 games," but picked them to only win 66. So a variance of 20 wins. Clearly everything would need to go right for the Phillies for the former scenario, but he seems to think everything will go wrong with his official pick.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Fasano's Pizanos. Remember Sal? Boy he sucked.

His mustache alone made me a fan.
fasano.jpg

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Potential Lineup & Rotation

Lineup:

Revere
Rollins
Utley
Howard
Byrd
Brown
Asche
Ruiz

Rotation:

Hamels
Lee
Kendrick
Carmona/Hernandez
Pettibone/Mag

How bad is it that the lineup is probably better than the rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad