Not open for further replies.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Updated version of these:
637312_8.jpg

Any idea what type of pants they are going to wear? Hopefully not all red. I would like to see just white with a red stripe going down the side, similar to the pants they wear with the cream ones. Not a fan of the pinstripes with these jerseys.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Any idea what type of pants they are going to wear? Hopefully not all red. I would like to see just white with a red stripe going down the side, similar to the pants they wear with the cream ones. Not a fan of the pinstripes with these jerseys.

I'm guessing white with red pinstripes.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
I'm not all that attached to the team's brand. Both the team name and the uniforms are meh. Drivel compared to the Astros or the Blue Jays.

Flyers2819

Nov 12, 2013
Springfield VA
Just booked a trip to Clearwater in late March...I need to get me one of those Spring Training hats with patch on the side...those are nice

Please please pleasse go to dunedin and watch the phils play the jays. i went 3 years ago and dunedin was hands down the best stadium. So much fun there.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Please please pleasse go to dunedin and watch the phils play the jays. i went 3 years ago and dunedin was hands down the best stadium. So much fun there.

I actually am. It is on the way from Orlando. From Philadelphia to Orlando there are four airlines that fly there (American, Frontier, Spirit, Southwest) and I think there are only two to Tampa so its cheaper. So we are stopping in Dunedin on the way to Clearwater from Orlando

whitstifier

Mar 19, 2013
LA is buying everything in Latin America/Cuba.

Yet they're unwilling to consolidate assets or pay for MLB talent. Hey, maybe their project rotation will work out. They could've traded for Hamels and signed Greinke. Would've been so much more dangerous.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Yet they're unwilling to consolidate assets or pay for MLB talent. Hey, maybe their project rotation will work out. They could've traded for Hamels and signed Greinke. Would've been so much more dangerous.

What were we looking at if we traded Cole to them? We did get a big return from Texas

whitstifier

Mar 19, 2013
What were we looking at if we traded Cole to them? We did get a big return from Texas

Good question, I'm not really sure. I think the Dodgers farm might be pretty top heavy with Seager, Urias and De Leon. Seemed like they didn't want to part with those guys. Texas had the strongest offer of guys ranked past their very top guys. I don't think the Dodgers had as much MLB ready, or close, depth at the time. So if they wanted Hamels, they might've had to part with Urias+. He's a big name but he's far away from MLB.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Good question, I'm not really sure. I think the Dodgers farm might be pretty top heavy with Seager, Urias and De Leon. Seemed like they didn't want to part with those guys. Texas had the strongest offer of guys ranked past their very top guys. I don't think the Dodgers had as much MLB ready, or close, depth at the time. So if they wanted Hamels, they might've had to part with Urias+. He's a big name but he's far away from MLB.

from what I recall of the trade, the Astros actually had what was believed to be a better offer then the Rangers but Hamels refused to go there. I don't think it was said just what the offer was though so perhaps we'll never know. I got to see a good bit of prospects we got in Reading and LV outside of Alfaro, it's hard to think they could have gotten much better then they got as Williams, Thompson and Eickhoff all showed some impressive things.

Phils made a trade with the Angles today, they got Taylor Featherston to play 2B at AAA for a player to be named later or cash. To make room for him on the 40, they DFA the guy they DFA for Biddle.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The Giants made an offer for Cole, but Texas had a better deal. Not surprising as the Giants farm system isnt very strong.

whitstifier

Mar 19, 2013
from what I recall of the trade, the Astros actually had what was believed to be a better offer then the Rangers but Hamels refused to go there. I don't think it was said just what the offer was though so perhaps we'll never know. I got to see a good bit of prospects we got in Reading and LV outside of Alfaro, it's hard to think they could have gotten much better then they got as Williams, Thompson and Eickhoff all showed some impressive things.

Phils made a trade with the Angles today, they got Taylor Featherston to play 2B at AAA for a player to be named later or cash. To make room for him on the 40, they DFA the guy they DFA for Biddle.

Forgot about the Astros. Interesting that Hamels chose the Rangers over the Astros. Wonder about his rationale.

Yeah, that was a really good haul. Some of the names in the Giles haul must've been included for Hamels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad