OT: Philadelphia Phillies (MLB): Christmas In July: Cole For Everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Salisbury had an article about some kids the Phils could get from the Sox for Hamels.

He named like 3 guys from LOW-A Ball.

Ruben should be drawn and quartered if he doesn't get some MLB ready talent NOW for Hamels.

http://www.csnphilly.com/baseball-p...-hamels-boston-red-sox-would-be-winning-trade

Rafael Devers, 18
Javier Guerra, 19
Mauricio Dubon, 20
Michael Kopech, 19

Unless these guys can turn into Strasburg & Harper. Eff this.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
His contract isn't even all that big when you consider what you're going to get out of him. Hamilton has a contract that is also really bad, and he gives you nothing except ogeda that he may go off the wagon again.

Granted, i don't know the details of that trade, but it would stand to reason if you could trade him, you could get a King's Ransom for Hamels.

Bob Barker

Jun 2, 2008
Hey all,

Jays fan here planning to hit up the Phillies-Jays game on August 18th.

A few questions for you guys if you don't mind:

1. I know it's hard to predict, but if you had to guess, will ticket prices on the secondary market go up as time goes on and we get closer or down as the Phillies continue to fall out of contention. Maybe the attendance doesn't dwindle even in the rougher years there. I really mean 0 disrespect from that last part... I'm a Jays fan, remember. Longest playoff drought in the MLB, and if the AL East wasn't so bad this year we could easily be out of it too.

It is Larry Bowa bobblehead day, so I'm not sure how big of a draw that will be. If it is a big event then maybe prices will stay the same. Working on a bit of a budget, but hoping to get some really good seats.

2. Philly has that tough crowd reputation. I'm going to the game with my father and cousin. None of us are going to drink and none of us are the type to start any confrontation. Will we be good?

3. Any tips and tricks we should know about Citzens Bank Park? Special foods, cool things to see etc.

I put this in this thread because we are just really going to Philly for this game, spending most of our time in Lancaster area. So we aren't really visiting Philly.

Thanks in advance!
Bob

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Hey all,

Jays fan here planning to hit up the Phillies-Jays game on August 18th.

A few questions for you guys if you don't mind:

1. I know it's hard to predict, but if you had to guess, will ticket prices on the secondary market go up as time goes on and we get closer or down as the Phillies continue to fall out of contention. Maybe the attendance doesn't dwindle even in the rougher years there. I really mean 0 disrespect from that last part... I'm a Jays fan, remember. Longest playoff drought in the MLB, and if the AL East wasn't so bad this year we could easily be out of it too.

It is Larry Bowa bobblehead day, so I'm not sure how big of a draw that will be. If it is a big event then maybe prices will stay the same. Working on a bit of a budget, but hoping to get some really good seats.

2. Philly has that tough crowd reputation. I'm going to the game with my father and cousin. None of us are going to drink and none of us are the type to start any confrontation. Will we be good?

3. Any tips and tricks we should know about Citzens Bank Park? Special foods, cool things to see etc.

I put this in this thread because we are just really going to Philly for this game, spending most of our time in Lancaster area. So we aren't really visiting Philly.

Thanks in advance!
Bob

I don't think you'll see ticket prices fluctuate very much but if anything they'll go down some IMO. Bowa Bobblehead may sell a couple more tickets than usual but I don't think you'll have an issue getting tickets thru a stubhub or something like that.

As for the ball park, unless you're going to a Mets game in a Mets uni I doubt you see much of anything thats super bad. You may get some ribbing here and there, but I'm not aware of any huge rivalry with the BlueJays in fact you may just find some good conversation about Halladay mostly. As long as you aren't belligerent, or totally disrespectful yourself, you're not going to find anything crazy.

Behind the outfield on the down stairs level is Ashburn Alley which has a lot of cool things to see. The park itself is really nice to walk around at and there is plenty to see especially on that lower deck behind the seating.

Here's some more info http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com/phi/ballpark/information/index.jsp?content=fun_features

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
Salisbury had an article about some kids the Phils could get from the Sox for Hamels.

He named like 3 guys from LOW-A Ball.

Ruben should be drawn and quartered if he doesn't get some MLB ready talent NOW for Hamels.

http://www.csnphilly.com/baseball-p...-hamels-boston-red-sox-would-be-winning-trade

Rafael Devers, 18
Javier Guerra, 19
Mauricio Dubon, 20
Michael Kopech, 19

Unless these guys can turn into Strasburg & Harper. Eff this.

I expect that the Phillies will get a better package than a bunch of A ball players. They clearly aren't getting the Swihart, Betts, Seager, Urias, etc types, but there are a ton of other good players in the AA range that a package could be built around.

For the Dodgers, I'd want Jose De Leon or Grant Holmes
For the Red Sox, its gotta be Margot + Owens at least
For the Cubs, I'd probably want something like Edwards and McKinney

I really want a position player, but those are so hard to get teams to come off of.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I don't understand stand how an absolutely legit Ace who has almost single handedly won a World Series doesn't net you blue chip prospects, regardless of position?

If you want to win a World Series and you think you have the ammo, Hamels can absolutely win you one.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I don't understand stand how an absolutely legit Ace who has almost single handedly won a World Series doesn't net you blue chip prospects, regardless of position?

If you want to win a World Series and you think you have the ammo, Hamels can absolutely win you one.

The market is what the market is. Everyone knows the Phillies are trying to trade him and everyone know she wants out. I think they will get a decent package but nothing monumental. I think at the deadline things will open up and teams will get desperate.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
The market is what the market is. Everyone knows the Phillies are trying to trade him and everyone know she wants out. I think they will get a decent package but nothing monumental. I think at the deadline things will open up and teams will get desperate.

she?

I understand, but Price wasn't going to sign in TB and they got a haul for him, albeit younger version, but the dude is gonna cost more than Hamels and honestly isn't as good.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
she?

I understand, but Price wasn't going to sign in TB and they got a haul for him, albeit younger version, but the dude is gonna cost more than Hamels and honestly isn't as good.

Haha. "knows he" wants out.

I don't know that I would give the nod to Hamels that easily over Price. He's younger and he's put up about the same numbers. I'd say they are very much on the same level, with Price being younger. For most of these teams, the costs really is not an issue. A cheaper player may get a slightly better return, but at the end of the day I don't think that factors in all that much when a trade is being worked out unless it is something like league minimum vs. highest paid player, which is not the case here...Hamels gets what like $22 million per? Price might get more, but it won't be astronomically more.

Price is a good starting point, and I think their package will be similar to what Price returned, but I don't think you can say he should get MORE than what Price got, especially since Price is two years younger.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I don't think TB got much for Price.

They really didn't get anything crazy, but they got a good haul. Drew Smyly, only 25, is looking like a solid pitcher for them and they got Willy Adames, whom I've never seen but is a top 100 prospect and only 19 years old. You'd like to get more than that, obviously, but if people are not willing to offer more there really isn't much that you can do.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
I don't think TB got much for Price.

The deal was Price for SP Drew Smyly (60 Day DL currently), IF Nick Franklin who is hitting .069 this year and Willy Adames- 19 year old SS who is #84 on Baseball America's list. I'd like to get more for Hamels and I think he will net more since Price was in the final year of his contract

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Jim Callis suggests the Phils may go "fast track" route again like they did with Nola. Nola seems to have good tools, but projected to not be elite and top out as a 2-3 pitcher.

Tankadelphia

All Hail Ghost Bear
Mar 7, 2014
Tankadelphia
I think nola's stock is rising. He legitimately could be a #1. He has 3 plus pitches and some of the best control that has been seen in a prospect in a while. In a "bad" game, he through 72 of 95 pitches for strikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad