Philadelphia Phillies (MLB): Back to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Quinn is probably one of the most exciting players of the prospects, that guy can add an extra base to every hit. He just can't stay healthy.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I can't wait to see Alfaro start socking some dingers. Hopefully he can be a Pudge-type of catcher. I know he's got the rocket arm like Pudge (not sure if it is as good but he's supposedly got a cannon), but I'd love to see a catcher batting third or fourth in the lineup. Old School Piazza/Pudge style.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
I can't wait to see Alfaro start socking some dingers. Hopefully he can be a Pudge-type of catcher. I know he's got the rocket arm like Pudge (not sure if it is as good but he's supposedly got a cannon), but I'd love to see a catcher batting third or fourth in the lineup. Old School Piazza/Pudge style.

Pudge is a high high mark to hit but I hope he can.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
watched Lakewood smoke Rome in game 1 of the Championship series for the SAL. Kilome was outstanding, they couldn't touch him as he had the FB and a nasty CB working all night. A 1 hit SO with 9k's. Going to be very interesting to see where this kid is at in the future if he puts some more mass on that skinny frame.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Kilome and Ortiz are the two guys I hear most about from in the low minors.

Ortiz is think was in GCL.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Pudge is a high high mark to hit but I hope he can.

Oh yeah, I'm not saying that's where I think he's heading, just in my head that's what I envision when we are talking about a high-end catcher prospect with a cannon for an arm. I'd gladly take another Chooch or Chooch comparable, but I hope he turns into Pudge. He was one of my favorites growing up. He's got the chops for the HOF but I think there was some steroids rumbling at one point so I doubt he gets in any time soon.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Oh yeah, I'm not saying that's where I think he's heading, just in my head that's what I envision when we are talking about a high-end catcher prospect with a cannon for an arm. I'd gladly take another Chooch or Chooch comparable, but I hope he turns into Pudge. He was one of my favorites growing up. He's got the chops for the HOF but I think there was some steroids rumbling at one point so I doubt he gets in any time soon.

Projections wise, he's projected to be much better offensively than Chooch, it was his defense that needed work, which he did improve. Not sure he'll be Chooch level D. Chooch had a slightly plus arm, but the guy was a general behind the plate, super hard to get anything by him.

That's why you get the pudge comparable, pudge could hit, play d, and throw. If Alfaro puts it together you'll get a more pudge like catcher than Chooch.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Kilome and Ortiz are the two guys I hear most about from in the low minors.

Ortiz is think was in GCL.

Ortiz was in the GCL but I would say the biggest buzz from any Phillies prospect would be Sixto Sanchez. Of course Moniak is going to get a lot of buzz being the 1st overall but Sanchez dominated and has been getting great reviews from scouts. Adonis Medina is another up there with Kilome.

zarley zelepukin

Oct 25, 2008
Norristown, PA
We should give Chooch some credit for his offense though. He made himself into a solid hitter and had a couple really strong offensive seasons. Aside from Utley, he might have been the best guy on the team at having consistently good at-bats. Wish he had Alfaro's power.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
We should give Chooch some credit for his offense though. He made himself into a solid hitter and had a couple really strong offensive seasons. Aside from Utley, he might have been the best guy on the team at having consistently good at-bats. Wish he had Alfaro's power.

Yeah Chooch when he was battling 8th for a while was such a nice weapon to have. I miss him already. :(

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
sals-pals.jpg

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Ruiz is DEFINITELY my all time favorite catcher.

I would argue that Utley, Hamels, Halladay, Ruiz and Rollins are all in my top 10 favorite Phillies

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Ruiz is DEFINITELY my all time favorite catcher.

I would argue that Utley, Hamels, Halladay, Ruiz and Rollins are all in my top 10 favorite Phillies

Hard to argue that. Victorino is up there for me too.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
the 08-10 Phils were all the fricking best. I'm not sure I can rank any.

Not only were they great players, but they were great people.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
So when does Galvis get zapped for second PED offense? Not buying a "swing adjustment" is the driving force behind the numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad