Philadelphia Phillies (MLB): Back to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
So apparently a bottle was thrown at Howard yesterday, and he is not happy.

He probably tried to swing and hit it out of the air before it hit him, but missed

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Every time I watch Nola I'm starting to think he'll be better than what he was expected to be. His secondary pitches are nasty & makes up for not having an overly powering fastball.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
So apparently a bottle was thrown at Howard yesterday, and he is not happy.

He probably tried to swing and hit it out of the air before it hit him, but missed

The perpetrators picture is circulating on facebook and twitter. He was wear pink jorts.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
He seemed really irked by the classless act.....like if he saw him he would have raged on the dude. I mean talk about adding salt to Howard's wounded ego. We all have pride...

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Howard was a great player for us for a very long time. He may be the worst player in Baseball now, but he's a HUGE reason why we were as competitive as we were. He should be treated with respect.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
herrera, wow best hustle play i seen all year. he hit a ground ball at 2nd and ran his but off and dove and beat the throw, then steals 2nd, and then was bunted over to 3b and joseph got him in.

good stuff, this is what happens when we have the lead we can get aggressive.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
wow paredes 3 run HR, Rupp goes yard phillies up a touchdown.

I'm with mike schmidt I like to see phillies wear these uniforms FT, bring back the painter's P.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
Howard was a great player for us for a very long time. He may be the worst player in Baseball now, but he's a HUGE reason why we were as competitive as we were. He should be treated with respect.

Agreed, for as horrible as he's been, he was an essential piece of that championship core for years.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
asche batting avg went from 111 to 200 , and anyone notice he tried to go back to back to back, and missed badly.

cody your timing is slow, please stop trying to hit a HR every time, swing simple and get base hits, or go back down to AAA.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
asche batting avg went from 111 to 200 , and anyone notice he tried to go back to back to back, and missed badly.

cody your timing is slow, please stop trying to hit a HR every time, swing simple and get base hits, or go back down to AAA.

good advice....

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
ok to everyone how would you do this. with paredes in, goeddel sat because of asche.

I want goeddel to be in mainly so his timing doesn't slow down. I like paredes and he needs more playing time so his timing at the plate doesn't slow up.

so question is what to do with cody, because he really needs playing time, he timing is slow, he's hitting 170 and is late, and instead of doing what the others did today with 2 strikes, many shorten there swing and went with the pitch and got hits, cody keeps swinging for the fences on every at bat.

so where to put cody? to keep goeddel and paredes in, asche would have to move around.

maybe they can use cody to spell guys a day off, like have him do 1 game at 3b, 1 game at 1b, then 1 in lf, etc.

this of course I think would end ryan howard which I'm fine with.

Joesph nice has 7 hits in the series and hitting Righty's

phillies may have to make a move, we may have a log jam.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly

IDC if he's the worst player in MLB history, you don't throw a beer bottle at him!

I have spent 20 years trying to defend the reputation of Philly sports fans... With all the BS our fans have pulled the last 2 months, I'm legitimately done.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I know I think we should draft a pitcher, especially if we can get an ace LHP, but it would be quite awesome to get a real honest to god hitter/slugger that can do some major damage and play well in the field. I guess the question is, what do we need more? Honestly, I could see the pitcher. Going Nola, Puk/Groome, and Vinny could do very well for the Phillies in terms of three main starters. However, we need a definite boost from OF players.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
John Manuel from BA was saying the other day he thinks Groome could fall out of the top 10. Seemed to question if he likes baseball enough to become a star.

Puk scares me a little. This stuff is great but mixed results and opinions. If you pick him you hope he turns it up like Garrett Cole did as a pro.

Like Moniak a lot but not sure if the organization wants to pick a guy that is at least 3 years away. He would also be cheaper than Puk and could allow the Phillies to go big in the 2nd round.

Tankadelphia

All Hail Ghost Bear
Mar 7, 2014
Tankadelphia
I think Moniak could command more money than Puk not the other way around. Usually college players are willing to do less money, but who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad