Status
Not open for further replies.

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
Who's Ron Reed?

Super effective middle reliever for the Phillies in the mid-70s - early 80s. Spent eight years with the team. One of those guys who could give you multiple-inning saves and/or take the hill in the fourth and finish the game for the beleaguered starter. Tall. Played two seasons in the NBA, too.

They do know they do not have to add someone to the wall every year right?

Apparently, I'm going in next year. Just had to pay the application fee.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Super effective middle reliever for the Phillies in the mid-70s - early 80s. Spent eight years with the team. One of those guys who could give you multiple-inning saves and/or take the hill in the fourth and finish the game for the beleaguered starter. Tall. Played two seasons in the NBA, too.

Apparently, I'm going in next year. Just had to pay the application fee.
Thanks. Sounds like a shoo-in for the wall

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
ROFL. This ump....first pitch to Rhys was way inside and called a strike. Pitch right down the middle which should have been strike 3 was somehow called a ball

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
14 out of 16….
E-TrG3gXIAAHaL6.jpg

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
This is kind of a weird explanation. They're saying the fielder had a chance to field the ball, didn't, and then failed to get out of the way of the runner. Doesn't sound at all like what actually happened.

I don't get how you can look at the fielder, when he made contact with Hoskins and say "WELL HE HAD A CHANCE TO FIELD IT. SHOULDA MOVED OUT THE WAY"

He makes contact with Hoskins when he's diving. The argument/question should be. He dove at something he had absolutely *ZERO* chance of getting to unless he was ****ing Superman. So the argument should have been obstruction from that standpoint IMO.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Hope they go out and get a couple solid bullpen pieces. Even another starter possibly. Cant keep wasting Harper, JT, and Whelers prime years. Time for Middleton to step up and walk the walk.
While I agree..they really don't have anything on the farm they can part with to get quality arms

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Phillies are 2nd in starters WAR in the entire league. :laugh:

They may need to add an arm if and when someone goes down because there's not much depth in the upper minors but cross that bridge when you get to it. They will have to add bullpen arms but that is every playoff chasing team really.

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
While I agree..they really don't have anything on the farm they can part with to get quality arms

it's at the point they may need to, one of Painter/Abel plus one of the young catchers no named O'Hoppe, throw in some of Bohm, Moniak, etc.. in a quantity for quality kind of trade. Unless they think they can get the parts they need by next season, you kind of have to go for it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad