OT: Philadelphia Phillies: Feels Like Another Listless Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
You're prob right they'll disappoint in the end. But they're playing well, fun to watch (at least up until that 10th), and I'll enjoy it while I can because my hockey team sucks
But a great job by Seranthony there! Hopefully that new arm holds up because he might see 60 innings from here on out

Reactions: Hurricane28

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Wow I can't believe today's scrub blew the save. If you're excited about this team I'm sorry
3bc829eb-91d6-46e0-b4f0-47b9114d5e56_text.gif

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Madison Bumgarner screams Chuck Fletcher.
Even Dumbroski would not trade 4 prospects 2 vets and extent Mad Bum for 5 years.

Wow I can't believe today's scrub blew the save. If you're excited about this team I'm sorry
They are fun to watch and 25 days ago that is the last thing I would have said.

But excited?

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
This may have been brought up at some point, by but would it make sense to trade Hoskins for a CF? I don't think he's here long term and if he keeps swinging the bat like this he's not going to hold any more value than he does now.

Baseball trades are weird so idk what his value is but if they can get a CFer who is capable of playing CF and maybe grab a prospect of decent potential, then they can either move Bohm to 1B and figure out 3rd internally or via trade or leave him at 3rd and figure out first internally or via trade.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
This may have been brought up at some point, by but would it make sense to trade Hoskins for a CF? I don't think he's here long term and if he keeps swinging the bat like this he's not going to hold any more value than he does now.

Baseball trades are weird so idk what his value is but if they can get a CFer who is capable of playing CF and maybe grab a prospect of decent potential, then they can either move Bohm to 1B and figure out 3rd internally or via trade or leave him at 3rd and figure out first internally or via trade.

I've been on board for a Hoskins trade as I don't think Bohm can stay at 3B and they will likely need his cheap contract vs Hoskins who has Scott Boras as his agent so he's going to possible be a pain to re-sign and likely over paid.

Will be very interesting to see how trader Dave handles things, they have some very interesting catching prospects at AAA and AA so someone is going to have to be moved. I assume Sands has the least value, Marchan has been hitting well since returning from injury, he's known for his excellent defensive game and to me O'Hoppe is the one you keep to replace JT in a few years as he's been crushing it this year at Reading. Then there's the 4 SP prospects, the 2 big names in Painter and Abel then the 2 guys coming off injury in Ben Brown and Erik Miller, so I assume they would need to move one of them, I would keep Painter over Abel and I don't know how much value Brown/Miller have since they had a major injury but all 4 have been impressive this season.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Who thought it would be a good idea to put the father's day game exclusively on Peacock????
So all those kids that are coming over to visit their fathers to watch the ball game will sign their dad up for Peacock because their dad wants to watch the game but doesn’t know how to and they’ll get months and months of subscriptions before anyone notices.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
No one is trading you any half decent center fielder for an above average first baseman. And Bohm isn't a good enough hitter at this stage to be a full-time first baseman. If they go that route, it will be Schwarber or Castellanos going to first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad