OT: Philadelphia Phillies: 2019 Offseason #FireSZN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
These NL playoffs are torture. Despise all four franchises. The Dodgers be the least despised for me and I cant stand them.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
im not defending klentak but i believe the young pitchers have talent if they just have the right coaching, if gabe would have just fired the pitching coach and stoping using the bullpen so much, this team would probably be better than the dodgers. that's why i want gabe gone, the way he manages the pitchers is not the way to win a world series and relying on vets that do nothing arent going to win games either.

that's why if new management comes in, they need more youth and better coaching/managers for this team to go forward, it's time for bohm and howard to come in.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Joc Pederson just pulled a ball almost impossibly: it went almost out of the stadium, but about 200 feet foul. It hit the very top overhang of Dodger stadium and if you drew a straight line perpendicular to the foul line, it would intersect just above the back of the infield. That's how far, and how far foul, he hit it.

Next pitch he cranks another one way foul, but less....eye openingly foul.

Next pitch cranks one off the foul pole, probably a 430+ footer otherwise.

NL East is gonna be 0-2 today, and that's exactly the way I like it. Hope they end up 0-6

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
With Young out how much of that is on Kapler in the eyes of upper management as the rumors are that it was Kapler that didn't mesh with Kranitz last year as they had issues over bullpen usage. So Kranny was out and Young got his job, now Young is out but may remain in some position. The optics sure aren't looking good but who knows what's the real story. Sounds like things could get interesting next week.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
EGFHfF_W4AcklRs.jpg

@Captain Dave Poulin

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Watching the Yankees, why cant the Phillies find these undervalued players. They have a bunch of players not on their playoff roster I would take. The Rays too are a good example of this.

Reactions: Flyotes

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Watching the Yankees, why cant the Phillies find these undervalued players. They have a bunch of players not on their playoff roster I would take. The Rays too are a good example of this.

Not necessarily undervalued, but the Astros seem to only amplify or develop elite players. Very frustrating that the Phillies don’t seem to be as lucky.

I feel like the Cardinals have been annoyingly good at putting together successful teams

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Not necessarily undervalued, but the Astros seem to only amplify or develop elite players. Very frustrating that the Phillies don’t seem to be as lucky.

I feel like the Cardinals have been annoyingly good at putting together successful teams
Yes, living in Houston I see it first hand. Verlander and Cole were very good pitchers before but now they are unreal. Also the signing of Brantley has worked out well for them. They have had some misses too though (Carlos Gomez).

The Cardinals always seem to have a good farm system, the A's always find great value, and look at what the Dodgers are doing.

They had a stat that showed Tanaka throwing the least amount of fastballs among qualified pitcher, Kershaw was second, Nola was fifth. According to fangraphs his fastball was cost him 7 runs this year, while last year it gained him nearly 18.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017

is that more on coaching than just finding players?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Looking at this Salisbury story, I can't help but think that they're all coming back and that will kill this fanbase. It's just an unfathomably stupid business decision but here we are.

And make no mistake. It is very much Middleton’s inquisition. He started asking critical questions about his baseball team and its leadership back in July, at Hall of Fame weekend in Cooperstown. In recent weeks, he’s continued to dig in deeply on the matter, inside and outside the organization, from the clubhouse level — where Bryce Harper said he would always be available to chat with the owner if asked — to the executive level. The answers have left him focusing squarely on Kapler, though another season of mediocrity and disappointment like this last one will have him focusing higher up the organizational chain next year.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelp...ost-complete-will-he-sack-gabe-kapler-or-will

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
I can think of one and only one good thing about not firing both Klentak and Kapler.

I remember Middleton saying that their plans last offseason were heavily dictated by what the fanbase wanted. And as we can see, that was a huge mistake. Right now, the fanbase wants the team to clean house, and understandably so. But as we have seen, this team's fanbase doesn't know shit and it might not be a bad idea to do the exact opposite of what they want. Sure, they won't bring in as much money from Harper jerseys and whatnot, but i can totally get the appeal of not letting your direction be dictated by the people who thought prioritizing Harper was more important than upgrading the pitching staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad