GDT: Philadelphia Flyers @ Toronto Maple Leafs | 7pm HNIC

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Yup. Years of being side by side doesn't matter anymore, these 10 games is all we need.

Well, this is the first time that the QoC is similar. People were comparing the two when Rielly was getting tougher minutes than Vlasic and Gardiner was being sheltered.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
You only try to put it right under the bar when you need to. This is why guys like Hyman should not be on your top line. He had all kinds of net. I guarantee Matthews puts that in and has no trouble with the "rolling puck".

Well there's a lot of things Matthews can do that other players can't....

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Well, this is the first time that the QoC is similar. People were comparing the two when Rielly was getting tougher minutes than Vlasic and Gardiner was being sheltered.
People have been comparing them in similar QoC. It's just to make a spread and look, and they put up identical performances.

And still, it's ten games. You could perhaps make that argument if this goes on for a season. Perhaps.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I was think about Rielly's game, and in some ways I think what applies to him applies to our whole group. We have so many strong skaters who can attack with speed and skate circles around the opposition that everyone wants to try and outskate the problems and run and gun for the next chance. We don't do a very good job of pacing sometimes, seems like there's so much East West over skating. Don't know what the term is, but they need to be more assertive in staking claim to certain parts of the ice. Need more traction and grit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad