GDT: Philadelphia Flyers @ Toronto Maple Leafs | 7pm HNIC

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
It wouldn't be about points it would about have a top 4 young Dman instead of another scoring forward.

Levio and Kapanen, are mabe being showcased, or maybe JVR and Martin are attracting some attention and Babcock is seeing if the young guys can fill the void?

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
No excuse to leave the defense or energy to the "defensive line" or " energy line" tonight, because there is no dedicated "defensive line" or " energy line" tonight, they are all responsible.

If watching your coaches pick up after you at practice doesn't send you a message, I don't know what does.

It will be pretty telling of the player(s) if after that they don't show up tonight.

Of the new Muskoka5 syndrome: Phaneuf, Kessel, Bozak, JVR, Lupul

only two remain on the roster - either these two pick up or pack up. Period!

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Levio and Kapanen, are mabe being showcased, or maybe JVR and Martin are attracting some attention and Babcock is seeing if the young guys can fill the void?

After this year the Leafs will need to find cheaper younger replacements for some their pending UFAs like JVR.

This a bit of preview of what the Leafs might look like in 2018 season.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
After this year the Leafs will need to find cheaper younger replacements for some their pending UFAs like JVR.

This a bit of preview of what the Leafs might look like in 2018 season.

So you mean how much better the Leafs would be without JVR anyway preview....

If you watched the presser yesterday; Babs wasn't one bit concerned about jvr being out... he basically said "Leivo is dying to get in (the line up) anyway...."

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
I can honestly say Babs is getting really sick of Jvr's Compete level maybe his patience are wearing thin, jmo I do like JVR but man he is so frustrating to watch.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
That lineup is so good. Holy shit both kapanen and Leivo getting a game together. Amazing. Leafs are gonna come out and set the tone early. After that they gotta tighten up and not get lazy in their defensive coverage. Predicting a leafs win 6-2

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Lets see how this plays out defensively as Leafs weakness is goals against not goals for.

With JVR out he can't be blamed for poor defense tonight.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Lets see how this plays out defensively as Leafs weakness is goals against not goals for.

Leafs are 25th in GA while Philly is 16th so should be fun. Sure JVR is out but blowzak is still in the line up though :facepalm:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Whenever we play Philly I always think WHAT IF?

What if the Leafs took Provorov #4 (10 games 2-3-5 points) and Konecny #24 (10 games 2-3-5 points) instead Marner #4 (10 games 1-5-6 points) and traded down for Dermott #34 (in AHL).

Which pairing would the Leafs be better off with long-term? Time will tell ..

Duncan Keith: Drafted 2002.
First season with the Hawks: 2005.

ponder away there Mess.

(this is not to say Dermott will equal Keith but that statement is silly and you know it)

Reactions: Max Money

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

ponder away there Mess.

(this is not to say Dermott will equal Keith but that statement is silly and you now it)

Dermott is a stud; if you have watched pre-season games or have been following marlies you could see that

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta

Yeah, the weakness is team defense. So it should be interesting to see how these lines do. Hopefully this lineup works out well. Obviously Babcock will still want Martin in the lineup whenever possible, but giving guys a chance to shine would be nice.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

Leafs weakness is in net right now. If he can be average, the goals against will drop down.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

ponder away there Mess.

(this is not to say Dermott will equal Keith but that statement is silly and you know it)

The key line of my post was the last line " be better off with long-term? ";)

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Dermott is a stud; if you have watched pre-season games or have been following marlies you could see that

I didn't say he wasn't a stud or wouldn't become one
I just didn't want anyone here (and you know there are people who would do this) to twist my words and say that I'm saying Dermott = Keith.

My main point is - not all players automatically go into the show. so what's the point of going "oooh we made a mistake!" because Provorov is in the show right now, and the Leafs want to slow-cook Dermott?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
It's nice that Philly is a "tough" team and Martin is out. When nothing out of the ordinary happens, I hope Babcock can start noticing that and rotates Martin and Leivo and not just staple him to the press box. You can never have enough talent.

Savvy

Sep 30, 2006
Mississauga
Happy to see Leivo and Kapanen in tonight, it’ll almost make those $18 beers worth it. Alright, not really but it’ll still be fun to play watch them. Hoping they both see at least 10 minutes

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
It's nice that Philly is a "tough" team and Martin is out. When nothing out of the ordinary happens, I hope Babcock can start noticing that and rotates Martin and Leivo and not just staple him to the press box. You can never have enough talent.

FYI : Kappy was not in the line-up last night for Marlies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad