GDT: Philadelphia Flyers @ Toronto Maple Leafs | 7pm HNIC

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Sitting jvr i get. Sitting martin is odd.

Unless hes really hurt of course

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
He's been good? What?
Yeah it's hard to believe but sometimes you must give credit.

Martin's been decent for what he's capable of delivering skill wise which is gravy for the role he plays. We're playing the Flyers and if he weren't hurt he'd be playing.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
why you not going? don't you have season tickets?

Saturday night games can't be a typical pass....
I prefer weeknights to Saturday games myself and really have no desire to go to every game.
I trade a few games every year with people around me so I have 4 for certain games and they get 4 for certain games. This is one I traded away.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

love it. Babisms:
  • Yesterday ends practice early, assistant coaches and Babs gather the pucks post practice because Babs doesn't want players to "waste energy"; bring it at the game
  • Today, morning skate called of; Babs again doesn't want players to "waste energy" bring it at the game
Babs is the f***ing man!

Reactions: CanadasTeam

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I doubt very much JVR and Martin are healthy scratches, obviously hurt.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Part of me wants to see Leivo get a hatty tonight to see what would happen on Monday

Reactions: Lauro

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Leivo and Kap audition for the right to stay in the lineup. I hope their energy is contagious tonight.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Part of me wants to see Leivo get a hatty tonight to see what would happen on Monday

I thought the same thing when I saw the tweet that Babs said JVR and Martin will get back into the lineup in San Jose. He's basically locking himself into taking Leivo out even if he gets a hatrick which sounds insane, but Leivo had 9 points in 8 NHL games and proceeded to sit 35 of the following 36 games. The 1 game he did play he also got a point so it doesn`t seem like what Leivo does when he plays matters anyway.

Maybe if he has an insane game Komarov will come out or something, but I doubt it because then there`s only 3 PKers

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Whenever we play Philly I always think WHAT IF?

What if the Leafs took Provorov #4 (10 games 2-3-5 points) and Konecny #24 (10 games 2-3-5 points) instead Marner #4 (10 games 1-5-6 points) and traded down for Dermott #34 (in AHL).

Which pairing would the Leafs be better off with long-term? Time will tell ..

Travis Konecny + Ivan Provorov = 172 GP and 68 points (PPG= 0.39)

Mitch Marner = 87 GP and 67 points (PPG = 0.77)

You keep on pondering bud. Here in reality it isn't close.

Also I'm well aware there's more to defence than points, but that's the metric the poster I quoted used. Just pointing out how ridiculous it is to use a 10 game sample where Marner was ice cold.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Travis Konecny + Ivan Provorov = 172 GP and 68 points (PPG= 0.39)

Mitch Marner = 87 GP and 67 points (PPG = 0.77)

You keep on pondering bud. Here in reality it isn't close.

Also I'm well aware there's more to defence than points, but that's the metric the poster I quoted used. Just pointing out how ridiculous it is to use a 10 game sample where Marner was ice cold.

It wouldn't be about points it would about have a top 4 young Dman instead of another scoring forward.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
No excuse to leave the defense or energy to the "defensive line" or " energy line" tonight, because there is no dedicated "defensive line" or " energy line" tonight, they are all responsible.

If watching your coaches pick up after you at practice doesn't send you a message, I don't know what does.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad