OT: Philadelphia Eagles: Training Camp and Beyond (2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Some people just want to be right. Like they hate Doug P so much, they want to see him lose and get embarrassed, just waste games, like we have infinite amount of games with Wentz and a cheap Wentz.

I hate fans like that.

I don't want to be right.

I'd love for Doug to be successful but he keeps proving otherwise.

That's also the main reason that people want Doug to lose and be embarassed because they are wasting games of Wentz/Cheap Wentz on this buffoon.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
They are assuming they will ultimately be right, so they want the losing to happen as quickly as possible assuring that the season will be wasted.

Instead of rooting for the team to win all the time.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
I don't want them to lose. I'm annoyed because it seems like the coach is/is going to be a hindrance on them. I think everyone would be better off if he just gave up the play calling.

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
I don't want to be right.

I'd love for Doug to be successful but he keeps proving otherwise.

That's also the main reason that people want Doug to lose and be embarassed because they are wasting games of Wentz/Cheap Wentz on this buffoon.

Well we knew he was going to have to learn on the job and he was hired to develop Wentz. Howie hired strong coordinators but in fairness to DP he doesn't have much of a running game. We don't have corners either but if the pass rush is great you can cover. At the end of the day, we beat a division foe on the road by 2 tds. I'll save any criticism for a week when we lose a game we should win.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
Well we knew he was going to have to learn on the job and he was hired to develop Wentz. Howie hired strong coordinators but in fairness to DP he doesn't have much of a running game. We don't have corners either but if the pass rush is great you can cover. At the end of the day, we beat a division foe on the road by 2 tds. I'll save any criticism for a week when we lose a game we should win.
hard to know if you have a running game when you never run the damn ball. not having a running game is 100% all on dougie. Blount didn't look that bad yesterday but he was given zero chance to get going. every time he got a nice gain they took him out and threw the ball the next 5 plays.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Blount just looked so slowwwwww, a couple times he had huge holes that could have gone for big gains.

Also don't like how he was given the ball once on that drive in the middle of the fourth quarter, when he was brought in to be a guy who can chew some clock.

And with the Pederson thing, its not at all about rooting for him to lose, you're not a fan if you think like that, but there is much to be seen about if he's the right guy in terms of play calling. The players do seem to like him so I will give him that, but there were some boneheaded calls yesterday that don't instill much confidence in him

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Def was great.
Carson and Jeffery were good, esp considering Norman was on him all game

Doug may actually be worse than we had thought, just putrid play calls.

Dak didnt look good at all and Eli was worse than Doug, so decent day,

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Just watched a slow mo clip of Smith toasting Norman.

If Wentz throws ahead of Torrey thats an easy 6 and Norman is burnt, but he under threw him

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Sturgis is out for abit. Seemed to got hurt yesterday with a quad strain and will be out a few weeks. Eagles are working out kickers (names are at this time unknown).

As a fellow RPI grad who was a BIOMED major also, I wouldnt mind Andrew Franks ;)

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
Def was great.
Carson and Jeffery were good, esp considering Norman was on him all game

Doug may actually be worse than we had thought, just putrid play calls.

Dak didnt look good at all and Eli was worse than Doug, so decent day,

Every game some play calls by every coach are head scratchers but Wentz had what three or four open receivers for TD's that he just missed. By the way so did Washington. Good play call bad execution. The first team O didn't really play that much in pre-season. They looked a little rusty/sloppy to me.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
Yeah, I wonder who the new kicker is going to be, there's a few decent names out there. Novak, Franks, Nugent, Lambo, etc

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
I argued with someone around the draft how strongly i didnt want dalvin cook, that i didnt think hed be worth much, well was wrong, he looked phenomenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia