OT: Philadelphia Eagles: Training Camp and Beyond (2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016

illK6U.gif

That gif is great :laugh:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Kizer has a high upside whether he reaches it or not who knows. If he was with a team not named the Browns you'd probably like his chances better.

Going from Brian Kelly to the Browns is a pretty tough hand although he willingly chose the first one at first.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Marcus Johnson getting 1st team reps when Smith/Jeffery take a break or injuries happened during training camp. Interesting to see if he makes team as the 5/6th guy

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Man, Lorenzen was fun to watch at that level. Seeing that game makes me think of two things:

The 2 game stretch of something like 300 yards and 6 TDs that got Donte' Stallworth drafted in the first and when I thought Artose Pinner could do something up a level. :laugh:

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Marcus Johnson getting 1st team reps when Smith/Jeffery take a break or injuries happened during training camp. Interesting to see if he makes team as the 5/6th guy

Sheldon Gibson seems to be on his way out. The BGN guys constantly say he drops every pass.

I know there are others, but my guess would be:

Jeffrey
Smith
Matthews
Agholor
Hollins
Johnson

Unless somebody comes calling for Matthews, maybe you can flip him for CB help.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Adam Caplan (I think) mentioned Gibson might not even make the Practice Squad. What a fail of a 5th round pick if that were the case.

Man, Lorenzen was fun to watch at that level. Seeing that game makes me think of two things:

The 2 game stretch of something like 300 yards and 6 TDs that got Donte' Stallworth drafted in the first and when I thought Artose Pinner could do something up a level. :laugh:

Ha. I loved Artose Pinner too. Getting drafted by Detroit should have been a sign of things to come. Kentucky was never really good during that stretch but they always had some interesting players. Derek Abney comes to mind. That little **** almost ended the Florida streak one year (that's still going) by returning a punt and a kickoff in the same game.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Ha. I loved Artose Pinner too. Getting drafted by Detroit should have been a sign of things to come. Kentucky was never really good during that stretch but they always had some interesting players. Derek Abney comes to mind. That little **** almost ended the Florida streak one year (that's still going) by returning a punt and a kickoff in the same game.

Oh absolutely. The wheels finally fell off when Hal Mumme's recruits were done. Guy Morriss is an OL coach at an Evangelical Academy in Kentucky now. That's quite the tumble.

Chicken Chaser

Zaphod Beeblebrox
Mar 21, 2009
St. James's Gate
are most of these blown out knees happening on the first contact practices for each team? there's already a half dozen it feels like and we're barely a week into it.

It happens every year, but the wave of them early lends me to believe these large humans are not ready/warm/flexible enough early in camp when competition is fierce, and the sudden force put on these joints rips them up after a long off season.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Lirl.

Reminds me of people going nuts over McCaffrey/Kuechly video. Uh, a slot receiver/RB looks quicker than an ILB on a slant pattern? You don't say?

Yeah those drills in general aren't favorable to a LBer. Kuechly's a big name & a really good football player but he's not a high level athlete so he's going to look dumb there. In a game setting he's never going to be matched up 1v1 against a player like McCaffrey. That's basically where you're getting those hybrid safety/LB type players becoming a commodity.

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
I feel bad for Chargers fans who have decided to stick with their team even after ownership told San Diego to **** off, but this is some beautiful karma. I hope Rivers demands a trade from that ****hole of a franchise. He deserves a chance to play for a real team for once in his career. Knowing our luck, it'll probably be the deadskins though.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
Speaking of luck Andrew that is anyone else notice he may start the season the PUP list after off season surgery on his throwing shoulder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad