OT: Philadelphia Eagles: Time To Give The Crown Back 2018 Season Part Six

Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
How great is it that they lose the game on a play to Cooper that was actually broken up by a DB

Reactions: JXC

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
My brain tells me that the odds of them marching 75 yards down the field with under 2 minutes and 2 timeouts aren't great. But my brain also tells me that they just did that, so maybe they can do it again. So, instead of allowing a go-ahead FG but losing on that lucky ass play? My brain hurts. I'd rather Dallas just kicked the FG, and see how the rest of the game would've unfolded, win or loss.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
My brain tells me that the odds of them marching 75 yards down the field with under 2 minutes and 2 timeouts aren't great. But my brain also tells me that they just did that, so maybe they can do it again. So, instead of allowing a go-ahead FG but losing on that lucky ass play? My brain hurts. I'd rather Dallas just kicked the FG, and see how the rest of the game would've unfolded, win or loss.
dallas had other plans going for it on 4th down. i'm glad they made a game of it but, the missed extra point and bad offence in the first half lost this game.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
Didn’t deserve to win with that offensive pathetic showing in the 1st half, but I’m still miffed about the fumble and Goedert PI calls. Absolute bush league.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Tough loss. Tough season. I'd trade 10 of these seasons for SB 52 tho so I guess there's that.

O-line went from best in the league to bottom 5 at times and never out of the bottom 10.
Backs + Receivers bottom 10.
Secondary worst in the league.
Losing Reich left Doug exposed yes but having a QB coming off knee surgery and an o line that crumbles with every gust of wind (and no true lead back to address those issues) were bigger reasons for the struggles.

As soon as Ajayi knee started to flare up in offseason they should have gone all in on a true #1 back. Why?
-Ajayi has injury history. Shouldve known he wouldnt be reliable.
-O-line coming off a short offseason and likely not able to recreate their dominance all last season this season made having an actual true #1 that much more important.
-Starting QB coming off major knee surgery. Same thing. Having a feature back becomes that much more important
-Hindsight, but Clement, Sproles, Smallwood, Adams are just guys. None of them are gonna take pressure off your still healing quarterback and fatigued o-line. I had high hopes for Clement but he flopped majorly this year.

AaronTrieu

Mar 6, 2008
Didn’t deserve to win with that offensive pathetic showing in the 1st half, but I’m still miffed about the fumble and Goedert PI calls. Absolute bush league.

Reffing was awful both ways. That opening fumble is a huge head scratcher. 4 eagles there and only one Dallas player reaching in. Grugier hill came up from the pile with it. Uhhh this typically happens all the time

Reactions: JXC

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
How are they even allowed to call Cowboy games

I don't find Aikman biased.
In my opinion he's the best announcer in football.

On the other hand, Buck is biased and he's probably getting trained by the entire dallas organization.

Reactions: Jtown

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
dallas had other plans going for it on 4th down.
I don't think they would've gone for it on 4th and 8 with just under 2 minutes of OT left. They went for it earlier in the drive, but that was a 4th and 1 or so, and it would've been a longer FG, with more time left on the clock.

i'm glad they made a game of it but, the missed extra point and bad offence in the first half lost this game.
Half with you. The missed PAT affected things, but didn't really lose it. At least, not as much as that putrid offensive effort in the first half. It's a sad broken record with this team starting out slow and having to claw their way back in almost EVERY. DAMN. GAME.

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
Wait seriously? He’s much worse than Buck

don;t know what to tell you.

i dont see it that way.

In fact, it think its ridiculous to call him bias.

But view anyway you want, doesnt matter to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad