OT: Philadelphia Eagles: Time To Give The Crown Back 2018 Season Part Six

Status
Not open for further replies.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
must be something in the water that the eagles and flyers drink,them both having slow starts in games.

Reactions: JXC

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
advice -

except for the playoffs, I view all the games for every team (phillies, flyers, sixers, eagles) in the background. In other words, my focus is getting something productive done. The game isn't the focus of my day.
Its become much more tolerable when they lose. In fact its gotten to the point where I laugh about it.

Flyers and Eagles lost today. And I do not give 2 shits.

Reactions: Philly Phish

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Wentz’s fourth quarter was the best quarter this season
not really. He had two poor drives to start the quarter.

They should rename the team from eagles to the "inconsistents".

Personally...at this point I hope Sudfeld just plays the rest of the year...see what he is. Send Wentz to accuracy drills and keep him healthy so he gets an entire offseason to work.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Tough loss. Tough season. I'd trade 10 of these seasons for SB 52 tho so I guess there's that.

O-line went from best in the league to bottom 5 at times and never out of the bottom 10.
Backs + Receivers bottom 10.
Secondary worst in the league.
Losing Reich left Doug exposed yes but having a QB coming off knee surgery and an o line that crumbles with every gust of wind (and no true lead back to address those issues) were bigger reasons for the struggles.

As soon as Ajayi knee started to flare up in offseason they should have gone all in on a true #1 back. Why?
-Ajayi has injury history. Shouldve known he wouldnt be reliable.
-O-line coming off a short offseason and likely not able to recreate their dominance all last season this season made having an actual true #1 that much more important.
-Starting QB coming off major knee surgery. Same thing. Having a feature back becomes that much more important
-Hindsight, but Clement, Sproles, Smallwood, Adams are just guys. None of them are gonna take pressure off your still healing quarterback and fatigued o-line. I had high hopes for Clement but he flopped majorly this year.
a lead back isn't going to do crap behind a poor line. Peters is done (he's been done). We need a tackle and a guard.

Adams is perfectly fine. RB is grossly overrated.

Our receivers are fine...and are still a strength...which is why it was was dumb to get Tate instead of a CB....

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
a lead back isn't going to do crap behind a poor line. Peters is done (he's been done). We need a tackle and a guard.

Adams is perfectly fine. RB is grossly overrated.

Our receivers are fine...and are still a strength...which is why it was was dumb to get Tate instead of a CB....
You listen to a lot of WIP I assume. A bellcow back doesnt elevate his o-line? Is the relationship not symbiotic?

"Josh Adams is perfectly fine" he/she says.
Running with cement in your shoes while every d-line in the league tees up on your still healing quarterback is not fine.
Not having a back that can play 3 NFL downs in succession is not fine.
Puts undue pressure on an o-line with a ton of mileage and stops you from possessing the ball for significant amounts of time, meaning the defense has to be out there even longer.

It's fine to post about pie the sky projections for a guy like Adams but there's not a scout in the NFL that would risk a check on claiming Adams can be the lead back on a true Super Bowl contender which should be the goal.

Reactions: onlylordsvsmorebp

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
You listen to a lot of WIP I assume. A bellcow back doesnt elevate his o-line? Is the relationship not symbiotic?

"Josh Adams is perfectly fine" he/she says.
Running with cement in your shoes while every d-line in the league tees up on your still healing quarterback is not fine.
Not having a back that can play 3 NFL downs in succession is not fine.
Puts undue pressure on an o-line with a ton of mileage and stops you from possessing the ball for significant amounts of time, meaning the defense has to be out there even longer.

It's fine to post about pie the sky projections for a guy like Adams but there's not a scout in the NFL that would risk a check on claiming Adams can be the lead back on a true Super Bowl contender which should be the goal.
I don't live in philadelphia.

RB is overrated. RB makes no difference on the line. The line makes a difference on the line. Good play calling and accurate quick passing make a much bigger difference.

We could have traded for bell and it wouldn't have done jack. Backs are getting hit in the backfield...that's not on the RB...

We have FAR bigger priority positions than RB to upgrade. Would it be great to have Todd gurly...s sure..did he do jack tonight against a defense that abused the Rams line all game....no. his awesomeness couldn't overcome his line getting worked.

Reactions: magnumpi

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
I don't find Aikman biased.
In my opinion he's the best announcer in football.

On the other hand, Buck is biased and he's probably getting trained by the entire dallas organization.
Aikman sounds like a make a wish kid got an announcing job. Not biased, hes just dumb. The brain damage from his playing career prob has something to do with that though

Last edited:

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
advice -

except for the playoffs, I view all the games for every team (phillies, flyers, sixers, eagles) in the background. In other words, my focus is getting something productive done. The game isn't the focus of my day.
Its become much more tolerable when they lose. In fact its gotten to the point where I laugh about it.

Flyers and Eagles lost today. And I do not give 2 ****s.
Go into every game expecting it to be a shit show and it's a great time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad